[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hello kszaq, I want to try this cec daemon. How the procedure to do that?
    Maybe you could add a README.txt file in the libcec_daemon folder with this procedure. Thanks!

1. Install the new addon

2. Put this line in autostart.sh :

Code
    (
    libcec-daemon;
    ) &

3. Turn "off" the CEC control in System\Peripherals

4. Reboot

A request to people with Realtek 8723BS chip: can you test if Bluetooth works with this build: le_8723bs_bt_test_01

It is working!

I had to remove my old devices and everything is working great now! Beer donations incomming

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 3, 2016 at 2:02 AM).

• A request to people with Realtek 8723BS chip: can you test if Bluetooth works with this build: le_8723bs_bt_test_01

It worked for me in my MXV box!
    I connected a Bluetooth phone and it worked great. I also connected a PS4 controller, although I couldn't use it.
    Thanks kszaq, you are the man!

Edited once, last by mwp1 (June 3, 2016 at 1:13 AM).

• It worked for me in my MXV box!
    I connected a Bluetooth phone and it worked great. I also connected a PS4 controller, although I couldn't use it.
    Thanks kszaq, you are the man!

I read your post and then retried and you are right! It is working ...I just had to remove my old saved devices (I had been using a USB BT adapter) and re-connect them.

Edited once, last by sammaz (June 3, 2016 at 2:31 AM).

• mwp1  sammaz Thanks for testing and I'm glad that it finally works! Can you please do a one more test for me, confirm that both WiFi and Bluetooth work in this build: le_8723bs_bt_test_02
    I made a small clean-up for 8723BS drivers and need to confirm that they still work before pushing changes to release build. I don't have a 8723BS device so I rely on you with this.

sammaz Thank you for posting instructions for libcec-daemon. I'll soon include a README of some sort.

mwp1 You have to keep in mind that with libcec-daemon key mappings are different than defaults in Kodi. I did not have time to look into key mappings yet. For PS4 controller, as far as I know game controller support has been added for Kodi 17.

OpenElecCrazy Have you had a chance to test 7.0.1.2 build with SSV6051Q WiFi? There is a small difference between the last test build I made for you and 7.0.1.2 release, it might work this time.

• mwp1  sammaz Thanks for testing and I'm glad that it finally works! Can you please do a one more test for me, confirm that both WiFi and Bluetooth work in this build: le_8723bs_bt_test_02
    I made a small clean-up for 8723BS drivers and need to confirm that they still work before pushing changes to release build. I don't have a 8723BS device so I rely on you with this.

BT and Wifi are working well on this build also. Thanks again!

Here is a Dmesg of the new test build working well if needed.

CMAU

• 7.0.1.3 7.0.1.3

Commits from 7.0.1.2 to 7.0.1.3: Comparing 7.0.1.2...7.0.1.3 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.1.2 to 7.0.1.3: Comparing 9d4e014...83ba060 · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• added support for Realtek 8723BS Bluetooth
    • reverted NAND driver to previous version
    • turned off Realtek WiFi driver debugging
    • more stable system: applied thermal and power management improvements from OSMC with some fixes from me
    • more performance: switched default CPU governor to ondemand which is now stable thanks to thermal management improvements
    • allowed to put remote.conf in root SD card folder for easier first-time installations (idea inspired by OpenElecCrazy 's need )
    • Kodi improvements:

• added local system buffering to avoid video-audio desync when resuming video and source needs to wake up
      • added special compile flags to bump interface and SW decoding performance a bit
    • minor build tree improvements

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • sometimes CEC may not work
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

An extra note: with this release reported CPU temperature may be a bit higher due to a small change in calibration code - this is nothing to worry about.

• Thx for the hard work
    Question. I reverted from OE to Android in order to verify that the issue i had with my mxq (spdif not working) was not because of OE.
    Then flashed back to OE (now i see the MXQ symbol at start-up) on nand.
    Tried to flash LE to nand using the toothpick method, but with no luck.
    Pressing the reset and plugging the power i see the mxq logo and after 10 sec the screen goes blue
    I managed to upgrade to LE the regular way with .tar file.
    Any suggestions?

• Thanks kszaq. I've just tried this on my box (tar update), which had been running 7.0.1.2 MXQ port just fine, and it locked up quite a few times just navigating kodi menus. Box is a Sumvision Cyclone X4, but I can find out more details later if you let me know what information will help.

• Try to boot your box without SD card in slot and with toothpick inserted. Does it boot to recovery? If not, you have a wrong recovery image installed on your internal memory and it has nothing to do with my OE/LE releases as they don't modify recovery for some time now.

Thanks kszaq. I've just tried this on my box (tar update), which had been running 7.0.1.2 MXQ port just fine, and it locked up quite a few times just navigating kodi menus. Box is a Sumvision Cyclone X4, but I can find out more details later if you let me know what information will help.

Please try running this version: thermal-test-01

I have modified thermal management a bit and would like to see if it fixes your issue.

Can you also post a log from any LE/OE version? It needs to be collected after a "fresh" boot, i.e. plug out power, plug in and boot. Thanks.

• Hi kszaq.

I'll be trying the MXQ version of thermal-test-01 you've posted because I had lock ups when navigating menus in kodi on 7.0.1.3. I'll report back in a couple of days.

• I've been using the dev tar for my Sumvision x4 all day and it seems to run fine for me.

Only issue is the led light flickers between red and blue when in standby, otherwise all good.

• Please try running this version: thermal-test-01

I have modified thermal management a bit and would like to see if it fixes your issue.

Can you also post a log from any LE/OE version? It needs to be collected after a "fresh" boot, i.e. plug out power, plug in and boot. Thanks.

Thanks kszaq. Here's the dmesg from LE 7.0.1.2: eMLP

Just installing the thermal-test-01 version now so will update you later.

• I've been using the dev tar for my Sumvision x4 all day and it seems to run fine for me.

Only issue is the led light flickers between red and blue when in standby, otherwise all good.

My box does that, it doesn't seem to be a problem just a bit annoying for some. I've covered my LED as I hate the bright blue light!
    [hr]
    kszaq

Quick update for the newer builds. .1 or .2, can't remember, seemed to sort the update time problem out when my box resumes from suspend, not sure if it was the code you gave me, which was hit and miss, or something else but anyway it works fine now. Thumnail generation is great, really fast and since .3 the CPU info is working. Not sure about the video playback improvements, I thought it was better with .2 and now I can't decided with .3. Reboot seems more stable but I still get the odd hang but it does seem better.

Just noticed one bug, when I go to the LE control panel the GUI gets screwed up when you go back to the home screen. A few clicks and it sorts itself out so not a big deal but might be worth looking into.

Anyways, great work.

If you need any logs let me know.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 5, 2016 at 7:48 PM).

• Anyone any idea why I can't see the .update folder in /storage when using the native file manager in LibreElec? Would be useful when updating , obviously.

Peace.

• Confirming glitch when exiting LibreELEC settings. I did not notice it on my AppTV skin but when switching to Confluence the GUI on home page is displaying wrong until clicking through menus.
    I have had no Hangs. Confirming all 4 Cores working continuously. Temperature between 57c 61c no real fluctuation.

Thumbnails load quickly.

Reboot working but causes CEC disconnection notification. Only way to get it re connected is to power off from power menu.
    When first powering on (without cec disconnection notification) my tv remote does not control box unless dim comes on and i use box remote to wake up. Then my TV remote works.
    Changing Source on TV to other input then back again Brings my TV remote to working again.
    Turning box on when TV source is not on the box source then switching to the box source TV remote works.

I will test further but seems to be stable as far as playback goes.
    It is faster navigating through menus etc.

• Anyone any idea why I can't see the .update folder in /storage when using the native file manager in LibreElec? Would be useful when updating , obviously.

Peace.

Deleted reply read below

EDIT: Sorry miss read your post, you may need to enable hidden folders via system settings, go to: System / appearance / files lists, and enable show hidden files and directories.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 6, 2016 at 5:48 AM).

• sonofdibnah  Midnight63  bobones Thank you for reporting. I have a 7.0.1.4 build ready with improvements from test build included, I hope the test build works fine for you. Waiting on your feedback!

PatrickJB Yes, I've also noticed the LE Settings glitch and at first I thought it is related to new compile flags I used... but it also does that with old settings. Since it's a minor bug and only in LE Settings (which we don't use that often, do we?), I don't care much. ;)

kostaman Thanks for reporting. I think that CEC-related issues your experience are specific to your TV model, at the moment I'm out of ideas on how CEC driver can be improved... you may want to try using libcec-daemon, there's a quick guide by sammaz on previous page of this thread. You have to note that some keys work differently with daemon and need to be remapped.