Posts by michaelchen

michaelchen I have been looking for a fix to i2c-mux driver to work with latest media_build but I can't seem to find a suitable solution. I'm afraid in the end we would have to keep the "old" rtl28xx driver to make it work again.

what ever the outcome may be all i can say is THX for all the effort and time you put in this.
    i cant say that the old driver was working great but......beter then not working at al.
    THX again, awaiting for the next test build.
    good night.

kszaq thx for your efforts to solve the rtl dvb issue.
    I have a question
    I have lg g3 with android on it and it has an option for reflecting the lg screen (miracast) .
    The le/oe has an option called airplay
    How do one make rhem talk?
    I want to see my lg screen on my tv screen connected to my mxq. Is it possible?
    I have teied som apps that offer screen recording and so but did not give the option of reflecting my lg screen.
    I dont want to record any thing just see my lg on my tv.

michaelchen and others with RTL2832 tuner: can you please try this build: 7.0.2.4-media-test

It has media-backports included but also drivers from stock kernel.

If it doesn't work, you can downgrade to 7.0.2.2 using tar file (no need to wipe data).

Also included in this build is a revert for a Kodi patch that may have been causing 10-sec delay when playing some videos.

kszaq good morning sorry for the late response
    tested this dev and still no device detected on TVheadend (as mentiond erlier on 7.0.2.2 it work great)
    BTW, my mxq has no BT adaptor onboard and yesterday i tried to plug in a usb BT adaptor and went in to the settings and enabled bt BUT NO DICE!
    does it have a universal driver for BT or what?
    THX

hi kszaq
    long time no talk
    been with the OE last release for along time (no issues at all !!!!)and now flashed LE 7.0.2.4 to see how things work.
    lan sometimes after reboot is disabled and i have to enter libreelec config to enable.
    movies/tv shows from addons work fine
    wifi works fine
    no skin issues
    DVB-T astrometa not detected in TVheadend (was detected in libreelec 7.0.2.2) was detected as Realtek RTL 2832
    is there a posibility to return the drivers to the dvb-t in the next build?
    thx.

Hey
    I have the same board as you and i vaguely remember something like this was caused by early release of reset button.
    Just HOLD IT IN click position for longer. Just hold it 30 second after MXQ splash logo.
    Let me know if it works. You may not even see the Android robot from what i remember.
    Black screen for up to 3 minutes after reset release. Just leave it till it boots up.

Just wanted to say thx, i did hold the reset button for about 30 sec even when the mxq logo disappeared and on the tv screen i had a message no connection, i waited for about 3 min and the box was on again.
    Thx.

Try to boot your box without SD card in slot and with toothpick inserted. Does it boot to recovery? If not, you have a wrong recovery image installed on your internal memory and it has nothing to do with my OE/LE releases as they don't modify recovery for some time now.

kszaq did as u said and yes it boot to recovery

Thx for the hard work
    Question. I reverted from OE to Android in order to verify that the issue i had with my mxq (spdif not working) was not because of OE.
    Then flashed back to OE (now i see the MXQ symbol at start-up) on nand.
    Tried to flash LE to nand using the toothpick method, but with no luck.
    Pressing the reset and plugging the power i see the mxq logo and after 10 sec the screen goes blue
    I managed to upgrade to LE the regular way with .tar file.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks jjbull for the tips.
    That would be a problem since I haven't found the correct firmware image (*.img) for my m201c device.
    Where can I get one?
    I would appreciate it much if someone here can point me to a download or even provide one for me.
    Thanks!

I reverted from OE to Android 3weeks ago and had to use amlogic usb burning tool with a male to male usb otg cable to flash the .img file
    The .img file and the burning tool was sent to me by the seller of my mxq.
    Why dont u ask your seller for the corect.img file?

kszaq good evening
    Before I update from your last OE 6.95.2.3 that runs perfectly on my mxq i have few questions
    Can i use the same skin (use skin backup made in OE with all the shortcuts)?
    Will all the addons work the same?
    Will the repo's be working the same way?
    Should i be expecting any visible changes after the update?
    If lan/wifi audio worked on OE will it work on LE as well?
    Thx for all the work.
    BTW PatrickJB how is it working for u?