Posts by LibreFAN

I want to report that from time to time in random moments i get message on my TV screen: CEC Pulse adapter disconnected, and TV remote stops working. Usually I don't have another remote nearby so I switch off the TV. Powering the TV, the MK808B restarts also (it is connected to USB port of TV) and CEC is fully functional and remote works once again. I know this is common issue with new CEC driver, and I hope in the future the issue will be resolved.

The very first logo you see is an u-boot logo. OE logo was flashed on your device by one of my early releases, I dropped flashing logo some time ago. If you want to revert to default logo (manufacturer-provided), you should extract logo.img from Android firmware, copy to your device and dd it do /dev/logo. For example, if you put logo.img to Downloads folder, you should execute dd if=/storage/downloads/logo.img of=/dev/logo.

Thanks ksazq once again for your help and tips. It works like a charm
    The default logo.img from android firmware for MK808B+ is Google TV logo. Where I can find LibreELEC logo? I tried from update *.tar archive but this archive is without logo.img file.

P.S. I have found in WeTek NAND release (LibreELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.0.0-update.zip) logo.img but I don't know if that is WeTek logo or LibreELEC logo? OK it's not a problem to transfer the logo.img to Download folder of MK808B+ and execute dd if=/storage/downloads/logo.img of=/dev/logo, but maybe you guys know which logo is in WeTek release...

I noticed while booting up first is shown OpenELEC, than LibreELEC and at the end KODI logo. This is due the fact that I migrate / upgrade the system from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and some system files are left behind? Best would be a clean install from scratch? Would that speed up a little bit the Kodi interface?

kszaq
    Your tip for editing the remote.xml file works perfecty. Thank you so much
    Before I used only Keymap editor addon for this purpose and I didn't manage to map one button for different action.
    Thank you once again for your help, and all development (OpeneELEC and LibreELEC) for our devices.

LibreFAN The different buttons behaviour is default for Kodi. You can easily get back the old mapping using s805.eu - Informationen zum Thema s805. I'll add it to the FAQ since a lot of people ask about this.

Thanks ksazq.
    I tried your fix, and return key on my remote is now bringing me back through menus, but in fullscreen video playback when I press return I get codec info?! Before with old version of openELEC and old CEC driver when I press return on my remote the video playback stops. This was default settings, this button I have not changed with keymap editor. Some other buttons I have chnaged in the past, such red button - show codec, yellow - info...

I guess I'll have to rearange keymaps so the remote will be completely functional as before, with this new CEC driver.
    One question though: Is it possible to map one key for multiple actions. For example if I want to map RETURN key to BACK in General/Navigation - that works fine, but if I set RETURN key to STOP in General/Playback then BACK action will not work in menus when I press RETURN on my remote. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Hello everbody.
    First of all, amazing work ksazq thank you very much.
    I have just moved from OpeneELEC 6.95.1.3. to LibreELEC 7.0.0.1. on my MK808B+ stick. Everything is fine except the CEC functionality on my SAMSUNG LED TV 40H6410.
    To be precise back button doesn't work anymore and it shows some other shortcut in KODI. Also other buttons (RED, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW) on my TV remote are behaving strangely!
    This strange behaviour is also present when I upgrade OpenELEC to latest build 6.95.2.3. so i was at lower build of OpenELEC where TV remote is working.
    if anyone has any idea feel free to comment.