Posts by cardo

I am currently running 7.0.3.3c on my MXQ 805 box and its working well. Can I upgrade to 8.0.1b by dropping the img.gz file into the update folder (or should I use the .tar file?) or should I update from an earlier Krypton 7 build and go through the stages. Thanks for your patience people and appreciate your work Kszaq to give these older boxes a new life.

OK running Libreelec 7.0.2.7 fine. Very pleased with performance and the remote works for most things except switching off. I have been getting around this by powering off in Kodi and then pulling the power lead out and putting it back in which seems to fire up the box again. Is there away of powering down and switching on with the remote or is that lost to us now? or is there a command that I am not familiar with in the power-reboot etc menu.

You can update and downgrade between build with the same prefix, i.e. 7.0.2.x freely.

This means that you can both:

• update from 7.0.2.4 straight to 7.0.2.7
    • downgrade from 7.0.2.7 to 7.0.2.4 the same way you update, without wiping your data

Thank you for clarifying that. Also many thanks for the quick reply. :cool:
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    It has updated to 7.0.2.7 However I still have no remote control and I havent got the android software to get the "remote.conf" file. Does anyone have a copy they could let me have or supply a link. Thanks for all your help.

I am presently on 7.0.2.4 on a G-Streamer MXQ box. All works well except the remote. Can I update to 7.0.2.7 using the update tar file straight or do I have to update in increments ie 5 then 6 then 7.
    Many thanks for the build it has speeded my box up enormously.