[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• OK running Libreelec 7.0.2.7 fine. Very pleased with performance and the remote works for most things except switching off. I have been getting around this by powering off in Kodi and then pulling the power lead out and putting it back in which seems to fire up the box again. Is there away of powering down and switching on with the remote or is that lost to us now? or is there a command that I am not familiar with in the power-reboot etc menu.

• Hi,

first,thank to community and developers for Libreelec!

second,someone can explain,when i run LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.7.img on the sd card the remote work perfectly but when i install the built with the same version (LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.7) the remote not work?

Do you have a idea?

Thank

• ..the remote works for most things except switching off. I have been getting around this by powering off in Kodi and then pulling the power lead out and putting it back in...

My box is the same, has been with all builds.

It seems to be common behaviour with a lot of boxes, may be something we have to live with :rolleyes:

• My box is the same, has been with all builds.

It seems to be common behaviour with a lot of boxes, may be something we have to live with :rolleyes:

In my case,all the remote doesnt work when the builds is install.But with the same version but with the sd they work.

Sorry for my english.

Edited once, last by splittech (November 23, 2016 at 10:51 PM).

• I just updated to 7.0.2.7 and lost wired network on one box. It does not get an IP over DHCP and manual settings reset to DHCP? I tried 7.0.2.1 again but the issue remains? Was working fine 5 minutes ago :( Factory reset in Libreelec did not help.

A second same box got a different IP after the update but it kept on working.....

EDIT: Factory reset from recovery worked...

EDIT: 7.0.2.6 also does not work. 7.0.2.1 works after factory reset. I will try 7.0.2.5 now... :)

EDIT: 7.0.2.5 seems to be working fine. The later builds are also about 10mb smaller.... i will stick to 7.0.2.5 then ;)

Edited once, last by Tadango (November 24, 2016 at 8:44 PM).

• Ethernet will be fixed in the next build. I guess compiling ethernet driver in kernel rather than as a module does more harm than good and it will be reverted for the next build.

• So I did try it thanks.
    Just one question.
    If I disable CEC will I still be able to turn my box on and off with the box remote?
    Thanks.

CEC has nothing to do with your Standard Remote.
    Shouldn't cause anything to do with the workings of your remote.
    Only affects external remotes like your TV remote being able to control your box.
    Other options when CEC is activated like turn off box when TV is turned off will of course not work.
    I'm not sure of the issue you have with CEC being turned on.
    If you don't use it then turn it off. Cheers.

• Thanks for the explanation. I have it all fixed now. It seems that on the S805 build CEC is enabled by default and also when I turned the TV off then the box went off.
    This was annoying but I didn't know where to change it.
    The S905 builds have the CEC settings different so when the TV is switched off the box stays on.
    I just think the default settings should have been NONE, NONE and IGNORE, not TV, TV and SUSPEND.

Anyway I just disabled it. [emoji1]

• Hi kszaq, thank you for your wonderful work. I have been trying your krypton code - 2016-12-01-krypton. Of course I understand that it is WIP. The reason is that I have been wanting to try dolphin-emu on a x86_64 as I am intending to build a HTPC for the lounge. I cannot seem to build dolphin-emu on your LibreELEC-7.0.0 branch. I have compiled 2016-12-01-krypton for x86_64, RPi2 and S805, with all 3 compiling fine, as well as dolphin-emu for x86_64.

I have not tried the x86_64 on my desktop yet. The RPi2 kernel has a kernel panic on booting my RPi3, whilst the LibreELEC.tv latest build for git boots up fine. The S805 build boots up OK on my MK808B+ but CEC does not work at all, and messes up the CEC between my TV and AVR. I have just tried to transplant projects/S805 into LibreELEC.tv git, and changed packages/linux/package.mk to accommodate your linux kernel, and it compiles OK! Not tried it yet, though. Shall do so shortly.

• I have just tried to transplant projects/S805 into LibreELEC.tv git, and changed packages/linux/package.mk to accommodate your linux kernel, and it compiles OK! Not tried it yet, though. Shall do so shortly.

Does not boot :(. The "Google TV" flash screen comes on, goes blank and reboots. So, looks like transplanting to the LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv git branch does not work. Back to the drawing board and shall see if I can get the kszaq 2016-12-01-krypton branch to boot with my RPi3 and see whether I can do something about HDMI-CEC issue with the S805 build.

• My branch might not compile for RPi3 as I've never focused to keep other projects compiling. If you look carefully, you will see that my 2016-12-01 branch is based on official LE master. You need almost all commits from my branch to build properly for MK808. I have no experience at all in compiling Dolphin-Emu, I can't help you. CEC will be looked into as soon as my buildserver goes back to life. ;)

• hi,
    i don't seem to be able to flash my MXQ i've just received. I've done another one in the past but this one is not working.

i wonder if it's a new model?

i'm updating by downloading the nand mxq zip (tried multiple versions), unzipping to usb stick, using toothpick to get to recovery, and installing. says successful.

but, when start up it just sticks on the logo (which isn't mxq logo like the previous box i did for a friend).

i've took the box apart and took some photos.. i couldn't make out what it says on the chips as it's a bit dark. will try tomorrow.

this is the board

this is what sticks on the screen (and did before i attempted to update, whilst it had android on)

any help greatly appreciated