Posts by smoothquark

Announcement: I have decided to discontinue working on Krypton builds. I consider them to be stable and good for everyday use with not too many bugs. I will now focus on bringing Leia to S805 (if time allows).

Fantastic! Really looking forward to it! I did compile Leia on 8.2 a couple of months ago by transplanting code from LibreELEC master. Was just too much hassle, so gave up after a while.

Hi again kszaq. Once again, thank you for your wonderful work. Just a question - have you by any chance a timeline to incorporate Kodi 18? I would like to try Amazon Video but have heard that it now requires the DRM support in Kodi 18 which cannot be backported to Kodi 17? I would also like to try out the retroplayer support in Kodi 18. I am currently using Wintermute's fantastic Advanced Emulator Launcher, which works great, but cannot control volume etc.

By the way, is there any reason why the LibreELEC folk do not use your patches to support S805 devices? Seems a missed opportunity. I tried "transplanting" some of your 8.2 code on to the 9.0 versions but ended up in a complete mess... :P

Hi kszaq. Thanks again for a great piece of work. I have now compiled and running on my x64 HTPC, RPi3 and mk808B+. I have your LibreELEC net booting on my x64 and RPi3 (boot=NFS=192.168.1.x/... And disc=NFS=192.168.1.x/...). I would like to do the same on my MK808B+, but cannot figure out where to patch. I assume it uses u-boot?

My MK808B+ is connected to my home network via a USB to Ethernet adapter. What I would like is to boot off the home network when at home, with a customised LibreELEC setup, but boot from itself (as it is now) when I take it on my business trips to play local media as a network will not be available.

I guess it may not be possible at all to net boot?

Thanks once again.

smoothquark CEC issue with Krypton has been solved but I have not published a fixed build yet. I'm now working on getting media_build drivers to work and I'll post a build when it's done. Meanwhile you can get a fixed libcec patch from LibreELEC.tv/libcec-00-amlogic-support.patch at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I have now compiled the 2016-12-23-devel-krypton branch successfully for my MK808B+, RPi3 and Intel i3 devices, with all of them booting and working fine, including libcec on the MK808B+. No other patches required. Thank you very much, kszaq! I am now trying to get dolphin-emu working on my HTPC. Compiles fine but just have some trouble setting it up.

My branch might not compile for RPi3 as I've never focused to keep other projects compiling. If you look carefully, you will see that my 2016-12-01 branch is based on official LE master. You need almost all commits from my branch to build properly for MK808. I have no experience at all in compiling Dolphin-Emu, I can't help you. CEC will be looked into as soon as my buildserver goes back to life. ;)

Been trying compiling LibreELEC-7.0 branch for RPi2. Finally succeeded in compiling and boots up OK. Unfortunately, I can't seem to attach the two patches. First is a patch to kodi-001-jarvis-rbp-backports.patch in projects/RPi2/patches/kodi, the "ffmpeg: test: increase number of threads" patch in commit f69190f fails, and consequently compilation of kodi fails. Second is patch to config/arch.arm, which is a revert of "[arm] go thumb!" commit f52e282, otherwise LibreELEC compiles but there is a kernel panic on boot. Pardon my possibly silly question, but what does the "go thumb!" supposed to do? I don't think it is in the main LibreELEC branch. With these 2 patches, all my 3 devices (RPi2, MK808B+ and x86_64) compile and boot up into LibreELEC OK.

I have not tried the krypton branches - CEC not working on my MK808B+ is too much of a problem for me. I might try compiling when the CEC issue is resolved. I don't think it is resolved yet?

As for dolphin-emu, I now have it compiling for both the LibreELEC-7.0 and krypton branches for x86_64, but have not tested it properly yet. Ultimately, I would like to have it running on my Intel i3 HTPC.

Once again, thank you for your fantastic work!

I have just tried to transplant projects/S805 into LibreELEC.tv git, and changed packages/linux/package.mk to accommodate your linux kernel, and it compiles OK! Not tried it yet, though. Shall do so shortly.

Does not boot :(. The "Google TV" flash screen comes on, goes blank and reboots. So, looks like transplanting to the LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv git branch does not work. Back to the drawing board and shall see if I can get the kszaq 2016-12-01-krypton branch to boot with my RPi3 and see whether I can do something about HDMI-CEC issue with the S805 build.

Hi kszaq, thank you for your wonderful work. I have been trying your krypton code - 2016-12-01-krypton. Of course I understand that it is WIP. The reason is that I have been wanting to try dolphin-emu on a x86_64 as I am intending to build a HTPC for the lounge. I cannot seem to build dolphin-emu on your LibreELEC-7.0.0 branch. I have compiled 2016-12-01-krypton for x86_64, RPi2 and S805, with all 3 compiling fine, as well as dolphin-emu for x86_64.

I have not tried the x86_64 on my desktop yet. The RPi2 kernel has a kernel panic on booting my RPi3, whilst the LibreELEC.tv latest build for git boots up fine. The S805 build boots up OK on my MK808B+ but CEC does not work at all, and messes up the CEC between my TV and AVR. I have just tried to transplant projects/S805 into LibreELEC.tv git, and changed packages/linux/package.mk to accommodate your linux kernel, and it compiles OK! Not tried it yet, though. Shall do so shortly.