HDMI power on

• Hi,

I have clean install of LE 7.0 updated to 7.0.1 on rPI3 connected to TV (Panasonic) trough AVR (Marantz).
    Problem is, when I want to change source from TV to HDMI (to LibreElec), AVR is automaticly powered on.

I haven't this problem using OE, so it is not equipment related, rather it is problem with configuration in Kodi or LE.

Please post sugestions.

• Disabling CEC in system/input/peripherals/cec settings should avoid this (but will stop CEC remote control from working).
    You may be able to disable some of the options there to avoid it.

I think really we want this libCEC included: use system audio mode request instead of power on to start AVR reliable by gdachs · Pull Request #208 · Pulse-Eight/libcec · GitHub

You would try a Milhouse nightly which does include that - does it work better for you?
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

• Disabling CEC in system/input/peripherals/cec settings should avoid this (but will stop CEC remote control from working).
    You may be able to disable some of the options there to avoid it.

I think really we want this libCEC included: use system audio mode request instead of power on to start AVR reliable by gdachs · Pull Request #208 · Pulse-Eight/libcec · GitHub

You would try a Milhouse nightly which does include that - does it work better for you?
    LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)

Already disabled all in CEC settings :)
    Will try with new SD card those nightly builds, THX.

• Updated to v8 test build, but problem remains.
    But I really liked new interface, Quasar and IPTV works, had only one reboot in 3 days and system is powered 24/7.
    Now, when I watch TV and TV audio is routed to AVR I power off receiver, and TV automaticaly switch source to HDMI2 where LibreElec is connected.
    After that AVR powers on by itself.
    When LibreElec is turned off, this problem doesnt happen.

• To be sure you can add to config.txt:
    hdmi_ignore_cec=1

which will mean CEC messages cannot occur. Assuming that is the problem then I can't think of anything LE is doing to cause HDMI devices to switch inputs or power on.

• Earlier I was using OpenElec and didnt have those problems. I think disabling cec is not an option for me because I use tv remote to navigate kodi menus.

• Reminder: change source from TV to HDMI powers on AVR (connected to that HDMI)

Last night I tried again OE7 + Kodi 16 and unwanted powering does not occur. This setup works best.
    After that I updated it to Milhouse LE8 + Kodi 17, and it starts powering when switching sources.

How can I update OE7's Kodi to v17 because I like this skin best?

• it seems that everything works as it should, TV's cec power on avr when you switch to it's hdmi port, that's how it should work.
    If you want to keep avr powered off I assume you don't want use it to play audio, so why not link it directly to an HDMI port on the TV? Maybe I did not understand...

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

• it seems that everything works as it should, TV's cec power on avr when you switch to it's hdmi port, that's how it should work.
    If you want to keep avr powered off I assume you don't want use it to play audio, so why not link it directly to an HDMI port on the TV? Maybe I did not understand...

Hi, thanks for your answer.
    I use AVR's passtrough option to display rPI3 and route sound to TV speakers.
    Only when I want sound to route trough AVR I power it on.
    For this to happen I have disabled all power on and off settings in TV, AVR and Kodi. This worked as it was set up in various OpenElec versions, and now when switched to LE AVR is powering and it has something with Kodi/rPi3 because when rPi3 is powered off, AVR is not powered automaticly when switchimg source.

• Understood, I think disable cec as suggested by popcornmix is the only solution even if it seems strange that no one has encountered your problem. Keep in mind that the cec standards is not really "standard" and some manufacturers use different specifications. Make some tests, such as raspberry pi connected directly to TV and check if LibreELEC settings are met (power on/off by cec) so you can begin to understand what does not work. Hope this help.

• Hi,

Last few weeks I tried few more versions of of LE, and every one is behaving the same (regarding power on the AVR).
    I have tried older OE version and it works as it is set by config. BUT when I try newer OE with newer Kodi, and LibCEC ver > 3.0 then unwanted powering on happens.

Now I tried the following:
    1. enabled logging only for CEC, TV is ON, AVR is ON
    2. deleted log, and reboot machine
    3. at time 11:55 I powered OFF AVR
    4. at time 11:56 I switched TV input source to TV (AVR is OFF)
    5. at time 11:57 I switched TV input source to HDMI2 (Kodi/rPI3), then AVR powers ON automaticly

I hoped this log will help someone to help me find what is turning ON AVR. I know it is CEC but why, and what has changed in newer LibCEC?

kodi.log

• Is it possible to power on a Kodi box with a CEC remote? Official remote might be broken, looking for other ways to boot up the box while not having to pull the power.

Tronsmart S95.

• Is it possible to power on a Kodi box with a CEC remote? Official remote might be broken, looking for other ways to boot up the box while not having to pull the power.

Tronsmart S95.

Have you looked into WOL (wake on LAN)? Your box and router will need to support it... and you will need some know-how. I'm sure there will be separated threads for WOL. There are phone apps for WOL.
    [hr]
    I'm probably six months too late but have you considered changing settings of Marantz AVR to disable CEC? This is not ideal if you control the amp volume with your TV remote.
    I understand this doesn't explain the difference in operation between OE and LE.

Edited once, last by Balor (February 3, 2017 at 6:35 AM).

• Updated LibCEC fixed all problems. In settings we even have option to turn on or off avr. Now I'm using Odroid C2 and can say that rpi3 and c2 are best media players I have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk