Intel Alder Lake 2160p @ 23.976 Hz passthrough HD Audio dropouts (i7-1270p/N100)

• I've started to chase this through Team Kodi contacts. We have direct chat access to several people, one of whom has been copied into the ticket. These things take time and (us) trying to escalate them is often counterproductive.

• Hence why you include the nice workaround into libreelec for now...

But it's awesome to hear that there is contact with the Intel team and that a proper fix will hopefully arrive sooner rather than later :).

• No update so far on the Intel case.

Btw, immense thanks on all the work you've done so far on this ticket. Your build/script really make LibreEelec usable on modern Intel hardware (at least for those who like to play 4K), and LibreElec perfectly fits what i wanted to do with my Intel Nuc.

I hope we'll get a more permanent fix somehow in the near future, but at least you've given some way to get it all to work :).

• I have a Beelink S12 with N100 and have the same audio dropouts mentioned in this thread. I tried the script in post 46, fired up a movie, and the audio was completely gone and the video was sparkly. So I rebooted, fired up a movie, and the audio drop outs are still there.

So I ran the script again, and it says that the bit is not set. Does it not persist through reboots?

• modetest |grep connected

185 184 connected HDMI-A-1 1600x900 45 184

194 0 disconnected HDMI-A-2 0x0 0 193

198 0 disconnected DP-1 0x0 0 197

Hashbrown:~ #

So, I poked through modetest, I can see that 185 max bpc is set to 10, however I still get the audio dropouts. Dont know why it says 1600x900, as it is 2160p.