Posts by libreAU

Sorry to reopen an existing thread but....

Man, I wish I found this a few months ago (ironic it was on this forum) I have been running libreelec for a while and have ambilight using hyperhdr. Unfortunately kodi wouldn't take the HDMI source as the primary display all the time and tried to output through the USB grabber, it thought was a display and would display a black screen. This resulted in me running libreelec on one NUC and hyperhdr/ubuntu on another...This was obviously less than desirable.

I tried all the above which was recommended by others on other forums but nothing worked until just appending a video parameters to grub solved it. (Using an edid file did work but it broke HDR capabilities.)

Thank you kevink

Also I had a similar issue a year ago where I had a DP -> HDMI cable going from libreelec NUC to a receiver. This was in place as the receiver only supported 7.1 channel TrueHD etc audio on specific HDMI ports (due to the limitations of ARC). I ended up settling for 5.1 audio due to this.

I'm 99% sure when I plug the dp cable back in and send audio over that from kodi this will solve that issue too. Winning.

Hopefully that helps others and mods may consider this post as sticky. If not delete it.

Here is the explanation of grub video(and others) parameters: http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/faqs/boot-options.html

Try this one

Thanks again smp and @Irusak

Have been running these builds on several NUCs with intel irix and amd radeon gfx for what seems like a couple of years now :P

Super stable. Running release 20211020...-d3745e7

The only real issue i've seen is sometimes (not very often) when playing a file and switching refresh rates the screen is a bit dull. This is easily fixed by restarting playback.

Looking forward to rolling out this new build.

cheers

Hello, I'm using LE11 with Jellyfin Add-ons, Which connects my NAS with Jellyfin server. When I watch the Movie or TV in the Jellyfin Server,or enter into the Jellyfin Add-on page to set something, the kodi will crashed and restart. When repeated the LE11 will reboot into the safe mode. But this not happened in official LE10.0.2 build. Anyone konws the problem?

The Log file is here Log File.

Probably something to do with jellyfin and the kodi alpha build,

I've been contemplating installing emby or jellyfin, I currently have mysql setup with libre and smp builds, apart from syncing playback resume what's it like having the dedicated addon (when it works?:-P)

I'm using home assistant to move things around through the kodi.call_method which connects to kodis API.

So I can tell echo im going to another room then it'll grab what's playing then start another kodi box and start that file from the point i left. was fun to get it working but it's less hassle than having emby/etc installed. OR is it? I can do it with files but I can't get a playlist and playlist.add to another box for whatever reason. THat's more of a HA json yaml issue but yeah.

Maybe jellyfin/emby can do this

cool thanks again smp and irusak :thumbup:

I'm currently running previous build 202110020222733-d3745e7 the other day I tried to play a dolby vision file but it played as purple/green. I have a https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…nuc11paki5.html which has iris xe supporting hdmi 2.0a.

TV is a sony x90j with the connecting port set to dolby vision. XboxSX works with DV on the same port.

smp Is there something I need to do to enable your build(s) to play dolby vision files ? Is there any support ?

Cheers mate

bump? anybody experienced something similar?

Update: got another ac ap pro and stuck it closer to the nuc and moved to 5g way faster but still have the same problem with the newer nucs. I'm thinking about removing the bluetooth/wifi m2 combo card and inserting it in the newer nucs to see what happens.

Also i wonder if getting a bluetooth/wifi dongle would work...

thank guys.

gday all,

I'm having issues with using certiain NUC' and onboard m.2 wifi/bluetooth combo card together. Used separately they appear to work fine but once both are enabled one cuts out the other. Libreelec either locks up or hangs until the wifi is release and reconnects.

I have tried using 2.4g & 5g wireless and using different nucs. Bluetooth connects to an echo dot v3 using pulse audio.

I haven't gotten much from the logs (please see attached Bluetoothwifiissues.zip). It's quite possible i'm missing something as i've hardly ever used bluetooth.

Once the echo dot is paired with the NUC in question, an autostart.sh script is run using bluetoothctl connect to ensure connection on boot.

Hardware & software used with issue:

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…t-nuc7pjyh.html

Librelelec 9.2.6

Libreelec 10(Kodi 19.1.0)

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…-nuc8i5inh.html

Librelelec 9.2.6

Libreelec 10(Kodi 19.1.0)

That being said it does work with this combination on 2.4g and 5g:

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…t-nuc5ppyh.html

Librelelec 9.2.6

Libreelec 10 (Kodi 19.1.0) won't boot and hangs at the splash screen. Probably due to old hardware.

Any hints would be appreciated, please advise if more information is required.

Cheers,

Bluetoothwifiissues.zip

Looks like all the 11th gen nuc panther and tiger canyon models have irix xe integrated GPUs:

Intel® NUC Kits
    Designed for businesses, students, educators, and DIYers, the collection of Intel® NUC Kits features customizable boards and chassis.
    www.intel.com

An i3 would be plenty for a while it's mostly about the gpu.

A whie ago I was lucky enough to get some i5's on sale or pricing error that was honoured for ~AUD$300(US220), they are mega overkill but hey...I run them with the cheapest kingston 8gb sodimm and a $20(US17) 32GB intel optane nvme ssd (cheaper than a usb stick and lasts longer) for the OS.

Intel Optane Memory M10 Solid SSD M.2 2280 MEMPEK1W016GA PCIe 3.0 3D Xpoint NVMe | eBay
    Interface: M.2 2280. 1 x 16GB Solid State Drive. All hdd hard drive ,we test before sending. Dear Friend, if the products didn’t work when you received it,…
    www.ebay.com.au

The only issue you might find is finding a supported 11-i3 nuc,i had a quick look through the list and most are discontinued 3 days after launch, as intel like to do :D

ok english is not my first language. Most people don't get australian:thumbup:

Have you tried connecting to your Media sonic using a different version of the SMB protocol ? Change the minimum SMB version to SMBv2 in Settings/Services/SMB Client (use Expert mode for settings)

Or even better turn of smb v1 on your media sonic doobalacky

Gone off topic but all good ^^

Hmm, I'll have to double check this. I use a NUC8i7HNK as my daily and last I tested it worked, maybe I borked something or the LibreELEC builds aren't working correctly.

If you disable the HDR mode in settings -> player -> video -> processing -> "allow hdr mode"

tbh i didn't really check it for more than 3 reboots. I don't use it as the 11 gen i5's replaced those, i just pulled it out of the cupboard for testing purposes to report back :)

I'll check it again this week..hopefully............

I don't think i've seen that setting before in previous builds, must be new. Actually I just checked and can't see it at all, am I on crack?

I remember I got it working by disabling the drm_prime codec but that kinda defeated the purpose of using these builds ;)

cheers mate

Why is the SMB server so slow in these more recent builds? I’m running an older celeron on LibreElec 17.6 and am maxing out the bandwidth to my external drive bay. When I try a newer Matrix build on the N4020 box I have my transfer speeds to my drive bay are halved.

don't use smb it sucks hard. especially if you're trying to stream 4k content over wireless instead of gigabit cable.

donkeys ago i did that but replaced smb/cifs with NFS and it increased the wireless link speed enough to stream most 4k over wireless but i was still messing around with advancedsettings.xml and buffering and what not. Eventually I had enough of random skipping and pauses then busted out the hammer drill and ran cat 7 to the nucs in my joint.

Long story short now i just press the play button and relax.

Finally got around to testing on 2 x NUC11PAKi5. Seems to work fine running from USB. will dd to nvme after a week.

Also smp's build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20210904012247-ebf2ee0.img.gz (SMP79) seems to fix playing trueHD audio problems where previous SMP builds would randomly not playrueHD 7.1 audio files. I don't use knodi nighlty builds for obvious reasons so whereever the fix came from...

Nekromantik Sound outputs only on 2.0 channel on the above nucs but if you set it to passthrough doesn't it just pass through in PCM format and your AVR takes care of it ? I pass through to a 7.1 ch samsung receiver which seems to be doing it's thing when kodi is set to 2.0 channel & pass-through.

I also pass-through audio to a sony 8000h tv and seems to work OK.

Please let me know if i'm wrong about kodi 2.0 ch and passthrough and i'll try:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20210917015956-1a8a027-ffmeg-4.3-2audiochannelfix.img.gz

SMP made for Nekromanik. Otherwise i'll check when i can get around to it.

yee ha.

Update:

NUC8i5INH with radeon graphics - doesn't play, blank screen same as previous builds

NUC7PJYH4 works fine

I also have a NUC5PPYH but thats a pita to get to. It's got hdmi 1.4b which i don' think supports hdr. I can check if someone wants...at some point.

Hi Ken,

Haven't had a chance to test SMP's latest build but I will on the weekend and report back. I've got 5 different intel/amd/radeon nucs running here, looks like i'll be running round like a blue arse fly :D

Keep up the feedback :thumbup:

Below is my experience, links contain info of cpu,gpu etc

I have successfully tried LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-devel-20210524004323-f9d2c33-INTELGFX.img on:

2 x Intel® NUC 11 Performance kit - NUC11PAKi5 Product Specifications

1 x Intel® NUC Kit NUC7PJYH Product Specifications

and unsuccessfully on:

1 x Intel® NUC 8 Mainstream-G mini PC (NUC8i5INH) Product Specifications (has amd radeon)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-devel-20210601032257-86a07cd-AMDGFX.img

unsuccessfully on:

1 x Intel® NUC 8 Mainstream-G mini PC (NUC8i5INH) Product Specifications (has amd radeon)

black screen for both images even after fiddling with drmprime options