Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hi,
    I'm using an S912 box with this build, and I found that some H265/1080p files (can't put the link because ©) can't be played with the hardware decoder.

I get a few frames, then the image freezes while audio keeps going, and then after a few seconds the cycle repeats (few frames, then freeze with audio). If I remove the audio track, and make a new .mkv file with only the video, I get a still frame that stays locked until I press the arrows on the remote.

These files play OK with HW decoding disabled, or with HD decoding on the newest (LE13) builds.

I can't seem to see any meaningful message in the log, is there something that can be done for this problem?

Found a short sample with the problem, get it here: https://we.tl/t-HbwWX3Ad3d

Edited once, last by Zameero: Added sample link (August 7, 2024 at 5:50 PM).

• I apologize to everyone, I have not been active in the last period. Unfortunately, this will continue to be the case in the near future, but I will try to take the time to answer questions when my free time allows.

I'm using an S912 box with this build, and I found that some H265/1080p files (can't put the link because ©) can't be played with the hardware decoder.

I checked the demo you sent and it is a known issue with older versions that playback errors can occur with some 10-bit H.265 files on hardware accelerated playback. This affects not only the S912, but also the S905x series SoCs. Unfortunately, with the kernel v3.14, the microcode of the decoders is closed source, so these playback problems cannot be fixed in this version.

However, newer LE versions are based on the mainline kernel, which is no longer based on binary microcode from the BSP kernel.

• newer LE versions are based on the mainline kernel, which is no longer based on binary microcode from the BSP kernel.

Some issues may continue though, as the upstream codec drivers are still stateful and still using the same closed-source microcode firmware blobs extracted from the vendor kernel sources (sadly).

• Thanks for the info.
    Hovever I've never encountered this problem with H265/10Bit files before, and I wish there was a way to tell if a bunch of files have compatibility issues without having to check every single file.

• Detailed instructions for Minix Neo U1.

in the future, i wonder if wetek-play2 official kodi image will work on minix u1. i didn't try because it's a beta build.

I used a 5V = 1.0A usb power supply on my minix. Played a 90 minute blu-ray MKV remux with PGS subtitles and it worked perfectly. 0 dropped frames or glitches.

I'm guessing this is hardware acceleration which is why the power draw is low. You probably need a better power supply (2-3.0 Amps) to max out the CPU.