Posts by dtech

y0ush4

I still don't understand what you want to achieve with a single dtb file, but a few things are good to know:

• The 3.10 kernel cannot load external dtbs from a file, only the version integrated into the kernel, so the dtb itself is not enough.
    • Android (factory) and LE/Armbian (universal) dtbs are not the same, the latter almost always lack the static partition table.
    • The dtb you are looking for only says that it is for a device equipped with an S812 SoC and 1GB of RAM. There are quite a few such boxes.

You should get the factory one, either from the manufacturer, or find someone who has the same device on a dedicated Android forum and ask them to make a raw flashdump of the box and upload it somewhere.

We here on this forum, but especially on this topic, probably won't be able to help you.

I would like to ask you that since you want to restore the factory environment, you can either open a new topic here on the forum, or inquire on an Android-specific forum. I would be very happy to help, but unfortunately I indicated before that I can't, so all your requests/questions about restoring the original state are offtopic from now on.

Aglan

Sorry for not replying until now, I've been away from my build environment for quite a few days now, but I'll review your suggestions on what can be implemented in the next version. I would definitely like to ask for your patience for a few days.

y0ush4

This does not make much sense, because the dtb id will not be enough, the size of the partitions can be different per manufacturer and/or model, so it makes no sense to flash a "similar" ROM.

You should get the factory one, either from the manufacturer, or find someone who has the same device on a dedicated Android forum and ask them to make a raw flashdump of the box and upload it somewhere.

We here on this forum, but especially on this topic, probably won't be able to help you.

how to test it? i mean how to make a single file for usb_burning_tool? or something which can fix the partitions of the NAND and i am not after latest version i am satisfied with the 4.4 kitkat which was working smooth before it was bricked

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in ADB operations or Android-based tricks, I think bumerc can help you more with that.

Amlogic USB Burning Tool also requires a specific ROM format, but my images are not firmware/ROM images, only OS images (kernel + rootfs), so these do not contain any manufacturer-specific partitions. (Except M8S+ and WeTek images!)

Because I am tired trying roms after roms

If it's not the factory one and there's no backup, it's not exactly a good base.

m8m2_n200_1g

Then there is a problem, because I don't have a 1GB image for S812, only for S802 (MXIII-1G).

There was a test kernel for the 1GB box, it might work with that (but it was not made for the latest image):

Has anything changed in your environment since December when it was working?

I don't know after all this time.

Updated LibreELEC?

Yes. I have now installed the current 11.0.6 but the error still exists.

Different raspberry pi? (3 vs 4)

Nope. I don't have an RPi3, so it would be difficult to replace it. :)

I'm sending a log excerpt for this, if that helps:

There seems to be a problem with the HDMI cable or HDMI connector on your S805 device.

You need to log in via SSH and run this:

wget https://libreelec.dtech.hu/misc/disp_cap_static/disp_cap -O /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap

... then reboot.

Here is the remote.conf:

Okay, this is actually a config of two different remotes integrated into one file. Well, not exactly the best solution. But one of these codes is also included in the image by default since v9.2.8.12 (0xff000001).

Question:
    Does the remote control work even without your custom config?

If the answer is no, then the other one will be, then try this: MXIII-G Remote (0x7f800001)
    (Of course, there is no guarantee that all buttons will work.)

If you want to use your box to run network services, then LibreELEC is not necessarily the best choice, not least because everything runs with root privileges, and the kernel is also very old.

In the past, there was an attempt to run OpenWrt, but I don't know if it is still available, because I don't see any published images:

GitHub - joycechu/openwrt_meson: Amlogic S905/S805 OpenWrt
    Amlogic S905/S805 OpenWrt. Contribute to joycechu/openwrt_meson development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Vnc will also need port forwarding, plus an extra app on my end. Tbh, last time I tried vnc it was locally on the rpi3b+ running the nightlies of le 11 (before it was stable) and the results were dissapointing because the image that reached the client was very distorted.

This is far from the VNC server for the RPi, it is based on the continuation of kszaq's previous work, which I have since optimized a bit:
    https://github.com/dtechsrv/aml-vnc-server

When something happens on the tvbox and needs my intervention, I connect via anydesk to the family's pc and then via ssh (the built in command of powershell) to the tvbox. Annoying procedure I know.

If you want to access and/or configure something remotely that is more easily accessible through the GUI (or specifically accessible only from there), then I recommend the VNC server addon, which can be found in the LE repository under my images.

That's all I had to say. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day :)

Thank you for your description. In LibreELEC 9.2 there was a bug in curl that caused some addons to not work (or work incorrectly) if the URL contained an & character.

Unfortunately, I didn't know the reason for this before, but a security vulnerability has since been discovered in curl, which is why I updated it to the current version, and with that the above error suddenly disappeared.

That's why I thought you meant something similar, but in your case it was a different story. ;)