Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hi, I have already installed LibreELEC Generic S912.arm 9.2.8.13 and tried to install Entware, but seems not possible to do. Is there away to have entware in this LibreELEC?Thanks

• drazsp

This has already been asked by another user, and unfortunately this is still my suggestion:

If you want to use your box to run network services, then LibreELEC is not necessarily the best choice, not least because everything runs with root privileges, and the kernel is also very old.

• drazsp

This has already been asked by another user, and unfortunately this is still my suggestion:

Ok.

I have installed CoreElec 9.2.8 on Mecool KIII very long time, with some specific service like ZeroTier, TVLINK (Python 3.11), etc which ones have been installed via entware.

I tought to replace this CoreELEC with your LibreELEC, due to leak of support for this old CoreELEC, and you still work and issue update of LibreELEC which work with internal dvb tuner.

Thanks for reply.

• Hi. May be can you upload this file for MXIIIS(802) device?

Thank you

The file is still available now, it has just been moved on the server.

I have set a redirect to the current location, so the link you sent will now work.

• I am trying to get latest image (LibreELEC-Generic_S905.arm-9.2.8.14.img.gz) to work on my ODroid C2. I write the image, copy the 2gb/gigabit DTB file over /dtb.img, plug in the micro-SD and power on. The red light comes on and the network lights start to blink, but the screen doesn't come on and the machine is not reachable via network (I added a static host for the MAC).

Anything I can try? Should I try the DTB file from the 9.0.2 image?

• The file I copied over was gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb.

What if I install 9.0.2 on the SD card (which I know works), can I put the 9.2.8.14.img file in the update directory and let it auto-upgrade?

• Keep getting this on Amlogic S802, the PCB has "M9&M8_V1.0" on it, AIDA64 says SoC model: AMLogic Meson8 AML8726-m8, so I think it's the k200 board, I believe it uses Broadcom network chip...

• Keep getting this on Amlogic S802, the PCB has "M9&M8_V1.0" on it, AIDA64 says SoC model: AMLogic Meson8 AML8726-m8, so I think it's the k200 board, I believe it uses Broadcom network chip...

This PCB is also assembled with S802 (m8) and S812 (m8m2) SoCs. However, AIDA may not accurately display this SoC. Nevertheless, it is recommended to try the k200 image, the majority of Broadcom/Ampak wifi chips work with the v3.14 kernel.

• Hi!

I've found an old all black MXQ box with an s805 and an SDTNRGAMA-008G nand and i tried to install these images on it.

Both the HD18Q and Generic images boot and work on it fine but if i try to install them to the internal memory the device is stuck on the grey MXQ logo forever. I tried both the installtointernal script and the OTA image through the android recovery environment.

If i boot the device from the SD card and mount the data partition manually it appears untouched.

The stock android was booting fine.

Any ideas what i should look at or how to fix it?

Thanks!

• It's a 10-year old box. It boots and runs. In the spirit of "If it works, don't fix it" .. quit while you're ahead :)

Maybe I wasn't clear but it can't be counted as working. The stock android is ancient and i only want to run kodi on it anyway to function as a tvheadend client, that's why i wanted to replace the firmware. I thought i'd give it a shot before i send it off to the electric waste processing facility.

• Okay, last attempt. I managed to find an UART port on the board.

(There are 4 copper pads on the underside of the board near the DC connector, 3 of them in a row and the 4th separated. The one closest to the DC connector is GND, then RX and then TX. It is 3.3V ttl).

I attached the boot logs from an attempt to start the device from the internal memory and SD card. The problem seems to be caused by these lines:

Code
    [    2.313605@2] eth%d: No PHY found
    [    2.315014@2] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 000000fc

When it's booting from the SD it looks like this:

Code
    [    2.314008@0] libphy: stmmac: probed
    [    2.314057@0] eth%d: PHY ID 02430c54 at 0 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:00) active

Is this something caused by something stored on the NAND that is ignored when booting from the SD card?

Thanks!