7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Hello,

I have last dev image installed and it works great. The only problem I have is with CEC.

How could I configure a script to power off TV when pushing remote POWER key?

Best regards.

• New development build uploaded: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz
    GitHub: 2016-10-28-devel

Changes from previous dev build:

• 4K scaling patches from LE master
    • audio passthrough patches from LE master (slightly adjusted)
    • a bit lower memory leak (unfortunately it's still there!)
    • analog output on S905X should work now (untested)
    • ability to update device tree by simply throwing it with update image into Update folder (untested)

I consider this build a release candidate for 7.0.2.009. After .009 my development efforts will be focused on Krypton, although all important fixes will be backported to Jarvis builds if possible.

In the meantime there's also a Krypton build to play with. ;)

Hi kszaq I think my earlier response has confused a few folk. I was looking for the Krypton Dev Build and can only find this 'LibreELEC.tv-2016-10-28-krypton.tar.gz'....is this the correct file as it is only about 60mb...I did try to update this via the 'update' method but nothing happened after reboot. Am i missing something? Cheers

• Hi kszaq I think my earlier response has confused a few folk. I was looking for the Krypton Dev Build and can only find this 'LibreELEC.tv-2016-10-28-krypton.tar.gz'....is this the correct file as it is only about 60mb...I did try to update this via the 'update' method but nothing happened after reboot. Am i missing something? Cheers

I think that you had downloaded the source code pack from GitHub and not actual build. For Krypton look at this thread: LibreELEC

• Thanks to all who helped me - Bubblegum, Kostasman and kszaq.

Finally got it working properly thanks to a SD card I got a hold of.

Thanks so much for your help and patience! :)

What is the smallest sized SD card in terms of Gb that can be used for this purpose? I am using a 32g one at the mo and this may be an overkill.

• What is the smallest sized SD card in terms of Gb that can be used for this purpose? I am using a 32g one at the mo and this may be an overkill.

It all depends on your usage, how many addons you want, how big your library it, where it's stored etc.:

• the minimum card size is 1GB for a regular system image - but you will have to manually update by unpacking files as 1GB is too small even for a system update
    • in my opinion a reasonable minimum is a 4GB card

You have to remember that user data partition capacity is (card size - 512MB).

• It all depends on your usage, how many addons you want, how big your library it, where it's stored etc.:

• the minimum card size is 1GB for a regular system image - but you will have to manually update by unpacking files as 1GB is too small even for a system update
    • in my opinion a reasonable minimum is a 4GB card

You have to remember that user data partition capacity is (card size - 512MB).

Hi i have a95x 2/16g box...i am using an 8g old class 4 microsd card...shall i use a faster card to get better results ??

• Maybe I've overlooked it, but I was unable to find out whether this build is able to decode 3D MVC and output it in half-resolution on generic S905 boxes. Or is this only possible on the Odoid C2 and the S905 Wetek boxes?

Edited once, last by starbase135 (October 31, 2016 at 8:59 AM).

• Hello...

Just to report it as a side note, i tried LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161029000130-r24352-g5a0b492.img.gz with Kodi Krypton and i had the same freezing issue with TV box...

Best regards...

• New development build

Changes from previous dev build:

• analog output on S905X should work now (untested)

Hi kszaq,

sadly analog audio doesn't work . There's now an analog device in audio settings, but no audio :)

Device is t95x , s905x, 2/8GB

If there is anything I can do to help debugging, let me know.

• sadly analog audio doesn't work . There's now an analog device in audio settings, but no audio :)

+1, on my scischion v88pro s905x 1GB/8GB is the same. I see analog output in the settings, but still having the audio on hdmi, when I select that one. Am I missed something in the settings?
    [off]Btw my scischion v88pro has left audio shorted to the ground, an other user also confirmed it. So probably it is manufacturing error.[/off]