Posts by mergleb

At the moment, Amlogic S905 hardware is best served with the newest CoreELEC builds if you want the latest stable version of Kodi.

Thanks.

I run Libreelec off a small SD card that sits in the Android Box. Would it be possible to use another SD card with Coreelec installed on it and be able to switch between the 2 if I wanted to?

I am just scared of attempting the upgrade and it not working, losing everything I have now and not being able to go back to it.

Hi

Haven't posted here for a few years - this shows just how reliable and stable my copy of LIBREELEC has been all this time!

I am on Kodi 17.3 so I am thinking of upgrading to 18. I also hear that 18.9 is the newest most reliable version. I have a Nexbox A95x B7N.

Is there an easy way to upgrade while in Libreelec (I have version 8.0.2a) / Kodi or do I have to do the thing where I am saving a new version of Libreelec onto the mini SD card and basically reinstalling the software again?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Hi there,

Haven't posted here for a few years - this shows just how reliable and stable my copy of LIBREELEC has been all this time!

Now I'd like some help please - am I right in thinking that the reason the Seren addon is no longer working for me is that it is incompatible with Kodi 17?

I am on 17.3 so I am thinking of upgrading to 18. I also hear that 18.9 is the newest most reliable version.

Is there an easy way to upgrade while in Libreelec (I have version 8.0.2a) / Kodi or do I have to do the thing where I am saving a new version of Libreelec onto the mini SD card and basically reinstalling the software again?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Online streaming and through WiFi on top of that...

There are so many places where this can be causing problems here.

The only way to determine the cause is by starting with the basics and rule out factors step by step:

1. LOCAL file (USB drive).
    2. Streaming from LOCAL network device by wired connection
    3. Streaming from LOCAL network device by WiFi
    4. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by wired connection
    5. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by WiFi

In case of the last two items you'll need to start with testing from a 'reliable' streaming service (YouTube?) before switching to a 'different kind' of source. If the problem starts with the latter then we'll probably won't help you any further.

Either you work the list up until the issue begins or down until the issue disappears and tell us your findings.

I played the same movie through a USB stick and I was still getting frame skips and stutters. The movie plays fine on PC but when played thru Nexbox / LE it was stuttery.

What does that tell us please?

I have a Nexbox a95x-b7n s905x

I have been experimenting with LE for about 6 months. I cannot get a version to work without frame skipping and stuttering. I started with 7.0.2.008 which had the 40 sec stutter on 23.976 etc etc.

I then changed to 8.01, then back to 7.0.2.012l then 7.0.2.012j etc - every one has stutters and skipped frames. This is not a buffering issue as the wifi seems fast enbough and the SD card I am running it from seems fast too. It is just playback - I cannot get the settings to that all my streams play smooth.

Do you think my hardware is kaput? I have not heard of any other users who simply couldnt get the configuration ok. People seem to have my box and enjoy smooth playback with no stutters. I just cannot get there though.

Any ideas please?

Sorry I am a novice so some of those questions I dont understand.

The videos are those I am streaming from addons using wifi.
    I never get any buffering issues as the wifi signal is fast and reliable.

Don't know what the bitrate of the files is - how do you check?

What i dont understand is that when I first went to 8.0.1h everything was smooth with hardly any skipped frames.
    Over the last 2 weeks it has got hugely stuttery with many skipped frames.

Hi

I have a Amlogic a95x-B7N from Nexbox - S905x

I am running LE 8.0.1h

I was running an earlier version and it went quite well but I suffered from the 40 sec stutter on 24hz.

When I first installed this new version it was great - no stuttering, no jumps etc - very very very smooth video.

As time has gone on I am getting a lot of stuttering now - I have cleared caches, thumnails, packages etc but nothing seems to improve video playback. Its not just the 40 sec stutter I am getting but at least 3 or 4 jumps every 10-20 secs.

Any ideas what to do please?

Setup has remained constant in terms of internet connection etc.

Please help.

HI everyone,

Haven't posted here for a while (thanks to all those who helped me in the past!)

Have been using LE 7.0.2.008 on my Nexbox a95x B7N (S905x) for about 6 months now with mostly success.

I have basically tolerated the 40 second stutter on films and other things recorded on 23.976 and then played on 24p.

But is this fault UNFIXABLE? Is it an inevitable consequence of the hardware / software combination?

I have seen little evidence of any fix of this and have looked thru this forum several times but I cannot see anything. If I change the SD card to the new LE 8 will this improve things or should I just live with it? Can anything actually be done?

Thanks.

Thanks to all who helped me - Bubblegum, Kostasman and kszaq.

Finally got it working properly thanks to a SD card I got a hold of.

Thanks so much for your help and patience! :)

What is the smallest sized SD card in terms of Gb that can be used for this purpose? I am using a 32g one at the mo and this may be an overkill.