More and more stuttering and jumping as time goes by

• Hi

I have a Amlogic a95x-B7N from Nexbox - S905x

I am running LE 8.0.1h

I was running an earlier version and it went quite well but I suffered from the 40 sec stutter on 24hz.

When I first installed this new version it was great - no stuttering, no jumps etc - very very very smooth video.

As time has gone on I am getting a lot of stuttering now - I have cleared caches, thumnails, packages etc but nothing seems to improve video playback. Its not just the 40 sec stutter I am getting but at least 3 or 4 jumps every 10-20 secs.

Any ideas what to do please?

Setup has remained constant in terms of internet connection etc.

Please help.

• Sorry, but crystal ball sessions cost extra on our forum.
    Because for starters, there is no kodi.log available.

:(

In the past I have found this to be a friendly and helpful forum - I wasn't expecting that sort of response.

I was just hoping that if my symptoms were similar to any known issues someone could have assisted.

• I have the exact same nexbox and I am going to install 8.0.1k on it in the next day or so. Ill let you know how it goes. If I don't have the same issue, you might need to do an update or clean install from 8.0.1h to 8.0.1k. I'm a novice at this though.

• I have the exact same nexbox and I am going to install 8.0.1k on it in the next day or so. Ill let you know how it goes. If I don't have the same issue, you might need to do an update or clean install from 8.0.1h to 8.0.1k. I'm a novice at this though.

What LE version are you currently using and do you get any frame skip?

• Official Post

It sounds like a network issue, rather than a software one.

I think you need to be a lot more precise as to what you are watching and what your setup is.
    Does it occur on local files, network files, or internet files?
    What is the bit rate of the files.
    Have you modified the buffer settings in advancedsettings.xml?
    How are you connected - Wifi, Ethernet?
    What is the output of iwconfig if Wifi
    What is the output of

Code
    curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

..and of course a kodi.log

• Sorry I am a novice so some of those questions I dont understand.

The videos are those I am streaming from addons using wifi.
    I never get any buffering issues as the wifi signal is fast and reliable.

Don't know what the bitrate of the files is - how do you check?

What i dont understand is that when I first went to 8.0.1h everything was smooth with hardly any skipped frames.
    Over the last 2 weeks it has got hugely stuttery with many skipped frames.