EVERY version of LE I use has stuttering frames in it. Any ideas?

• I have a Nexbox a95x-b7n s905x

I have been experimenting with LE for about 6 months. I cannot get a version to work without frame skipping and stuttering. I started with 7.0.2.008 which had the 40 sec stutter on 23.976 etc etc.

I then changed to 8.01, then back to 7.0.2.012l then 7.0.2.012j etc - every one has stutters and skipped frames. This is not a buffering issue as the wifi seems fast enbough and the SD card I am running it from seems fast too. It is just playback - I cannot get the settings to that all my streams play smooth.

Do you think my hardware is kaput? I have not heard of any other users who simply couldnt get the configuration ok. People seem to have my box and enjoy smooth playback with no stutters. I just cannot get there though.

Any ideas please?

• I suspect whatever HDMI connected display is being used does not have the full suite of display modes available or there is something interferring with HDMI EDID Handshaking on LE startup.

TV's also need to have a Cinema or 24p Movie mode for ultra smooth 23.976fps video playback.

A bit of motion smoothing, set in the TV settings also helps.

The only way to find out what a HDMI display is capable of is, SSH Logging in and:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

• Also, streaming by WiFi isn't the most recommended solution. There could be different reasons why that would cause problems as well (protocol, interference, etc.).

You didn't state that you actually tried playing from an SD card so please try playing a movie from SD or USB drive to at least rule the WiFi connection out.

• Ok thanks for suggestions so far. I will check wi-fi.

My TV is a Panasonic TX 50-AS from 2 years back so it should be up to playing stuff ok surely?

I will also try to get kodi log.

• Ok I have a logfile of a 2 minute 1080p video I streamed.

To my eye I noticed several frame skips and jumps in the 2 mins.

Hope someone can decipher all this info please! :)

Edited once, last by mergleb (May 30, 2017 at 1:22 PM).

• Ok I have a logfile of a 2 minute 1080p video I streamed.

To my eye I noticed several frame skips and jumps in the 2 mins.

Ubuntu Pastebin

Hope someone can decipher all this info please! :)

Online streaming and through WiFi on top of that...

There are so many places where this can be causing problems here.

The only way to determine the cause is by starting with the basics and rule out factors step by step:

1. LOCAL file (USB drive).
    2. Streaming from LOCAL network device by wired connection
    3. Streaming from LOCAL network device by WiFi
    4. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by wired connection
    5. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by WiFi

In case of the last two items you'll need to start with testing from a 'reliable' streaming service (YouTube?) before switching to a 'different kind' of source. If the problem starts with the latter then we'll probably won't help you any further.

Either you work the list up until the issue begins or down until the issue disappears and tell us your findings.

Edited once, last by Forage (May 30, 2017 at 1:24 PM).

• Online streaming and through WiFi on top of that...

There are so many places where this can be causing problems here.

The only way to determine the cause is by starting with the basics and rule out factors step by step:

1. LOCAL file (USB drive).
    2. Streaming from LOCAL network device by wired connection
    3. Streaming from LOCAL network device by WiFi
    4. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by wired connection
    5. Streaming from REMOTE (internet) service by WiFi

In case of the last two items you'll need to start with testing from a 'reliable' streaming service (YouTube?) before switching to a 'different kind' of source. If the problem starts with the latter then we'll probably won't help you any further.

Either you work the list up until the issue begins or down until the issue disappears and tell us your findings.

I played the same movie through a USB stick and I was still getting frame skips and stutters. The movie plays fine on PC but when played thru Nexbox / LE it was stuttery.

What does that tell us please?

• I played the same movie through a USB stick and I was still getting frame skips and stutters. The movie plays fine on PC but when played thru Nexbox / LE it was stuttery.

What does that tell us please?

This tells us we are back to requiring a log and the info from reply #3.

• This tells us we are back to requiring a log and the info from reply #3.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Sorry but I am not sure what SSH is and where I type that line of programming... :(

btw TV is a Panasonic TX-50 AS 650b - only 2 years old so must be ok?

Edited 2 times, last by mergleb (May 30, 2017 at 6:20 PM).