Posts by starbase135

kszaq: I have tested some 3D movies now on both the 008 and the 009 build. There does not seem any difference between the two builds in terms of 3D playback. There is only one minor issue with select 3D ISO (MKV is never a problem) movies (e.g. Pixar) that are contained in multiple files as opposed to one single file. "Play in 3D mode" will only play the biggest file of these movies, resulting in only 20 minutes instead of 90 minutes, etc. This has not been a problem on LibreELEC on the Raspberry (Milhouse builds, and recent LE 8 betas) because one can select the correct playlist and is then asked whether one wants to playback as 3D. The "Play in 3D mode" in your builds automatically selects a playlist that is sometimes simply not the correct one. I don't know whether this is something that will come to your amlogic builds with later LE8 versions as part of the master or whether you would have to port certain code parts from the Raspberry builds to yours. But again, thanks for the great work and I'll send some money your way on PayPal in the coming days! ;)

kszaq: Thanks for your continued development!

Like .008, this build also stutters continuously with Live-TV on a Minim8s with generic 100/2 dtb file from .008 release where .007 works without issue.

I will be using the .007 version as that one works best in my situation. In the meantime i will be playing with your 7.9.x releases. Very promising!

Thanks again!

atreyu and kszaq: I for one, had no issue with live TV on the .008 release and first experienced the stutter on the .009 build. My box is a Nexbox A95X (S905X) with 1 GB of RAM.

As a heads up: It seems like the Nexbox A95X with S905X chipset only features Bluetooth in the 2 GB RAM versions. The cheapest 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM version does not have Bluetooth built in.

I can report back that 3D MVC decoding (both 3D ISO and MKV) and HOU output works flawlessly on my A95X box with S905X and the latest Jarvis build.

However, Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. "No bluetooth adapter found" after activating Bluetooth. Here's my log: VFUd Maybe someone can help because I was under the impression that there was no issue with Bluetooth and kszaq's builds on the A95X.

Dmesg puts out:

[ 4769.660209@0] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.18
    [ 4769.660406@0] NET: Registered protocol family 31
    [ 4769.660416@0] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 4769.660446@0] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.660453@0] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.660490@0] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.691888@1] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [ 4769.691892@1] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [ 4769.691919@1] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

Doesn't that mean Bluetooth should work and show up in the Bluetooth menu?

starbase135 I use the same set of patches for 3D support that Wrxtasy uses in his builds - if 3D works the way you want it in his builds, it should also work here. I give no guarantees though as I don't have a 3D TV.

I can report back that 3D MVC decoding (both 3D ISO and MKV) and HOU output works flawlessly on my A95X box with S905X and the latest Jarvis build.

However, Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. "No bluetooth adapter found" after activating Bluetooth. Here's my log: VFUd Maybe someone can help because I was under the impression that there was no issue with Bluetooth and kszaq's builds on the A95X.