7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Hi to all

If my S905 device is not on the device tree llist,what i need to do,to have my device on thet list?

I need LibreElec only to work via micro sd card.

Edited once, last by PLASMA (November 3, 2016 at 5:10 PM).

• PLASMA Read the first post carefully and you will know that most of the times there doesn't have to be a device-specific device tree. For 90% of the boxes the trees provided simply work.
    [hr]

OK. I have tried many times now. It does not get any further. Funny thing is that i dont even have to plug the toothpick in for the box to try to boot from SD card. As long as the sdcard is in there it tries to boot but does not get any further than the libreelec logo

This looks like a device tree issue. Try other trees, it's as simple as replacing single file on SD card - dtb.img - with device tree of your choice.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM).

• PLASMA Read the first post carefully and you will know that most of the times there doesn't have to be a device-specific device tree. For 90% of the boxes the trees provided simply work.
    [hr]

This looks like a device tree issue. Try other trees, it's as simple as replacing single file on SD card - dtb.img - with device tree of your choice.

Thanks for info.
    Just want to be sure ,not to do something wrong.
    First put some tree on sd card,then burn libreelec?

Edited once, last by PLASMA (November 3, 2016 at 5:37 PM).

• The other way round: first write image file to SD card, then you can play with device trees: device tree is in dtb.img file that you will find on the card.

[hr]

I had to restore the factory Mini mx android image. After that i was able to boot libreelec from sdcard with the same .dtb i had tried before with no luck.

If i want to try the krypton dev version. can i just put that in the update folder with the same .dtb as from 7.0? Really I am looking for the best pasthrough and live tv support. Would i find that in 7.0.8 or 8.0 dev?

• Thanks alot. This is working really well :)

Only thing thats not working right now is the back button on the remote (mini mx 1gb/8gb) which ofcourse is a must.

Any fix for that?

Regards
    Jacob

• Thanks alot. This is working really well :)

Only thing thats not working right now is the back button on the remote (mini mx 1gb/8gb) which ofcourse is a must.

Any fix for that?

Regards
    Jacob

My remote, totally different box. The back button was not working but the bottom right key square with X in worked for back.

You can always use KEYMAP editor.
    [hr]
    Are there going to be any more JARVIS updates or has work shifted to Krypton? My devel build .008 is working flawlessly.

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (November 3, 2016 at 11:14 PM).

• Me too, it's unvatchable. Also, my Mele Deluxe remote stopped workking after upgrading to 008 (I have a A95X S905 non X). Any suggestions?

Best regards!

Is MELE Deluxe support fixed on newer builds? I'm looking for a good airmouse for my Beelink MiniMX III.
    "MELE Deluxe" is my favourite, also consider "Rikomagic MK705" and "Minix Neo A2 Lite".
    Which one would you recommend for LibreElec?

• Page 5 of this thread
    My remote, totally different box. The back button was not working but the bottom right key square with X in worked for back.

You can always use KEYMAP editor.
    [hr]
    Are there going to be any more JARVIS updates or has work shifted to Krypton? My devel build .008 is working flawlessly.

• starbase135 I use the same set of patches for 3D support that Wrxtasy uses in his builds - if 3D works the way you want it in his builds, it should also work here. I give no guarantees though as I don't have a 3D TV.

I can report back that 3D MVC decoding (both 3D ISO and MKV) and HOU output works flawlessly on my A95X box with S905X and the latest Jarvis build.

However, Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. "No bluetooth adapter found" after activating Bluetooth. Here's my log: VFUd Maybe someone can help because I was under the impression that there was no issue with Bluetooth and kszaq's builds on the A95X.

• I've succesfully installed this build on TX5 pro, but I've random decrease of brightness on the menu, not in playing files.Furthermore a mp4 video with aac audio plays mute.

• I've succesfully installed this build on TX5 pro, but I've random decrease of brightness on the menu, not in playing files.

Page 1
    Known issues:
    If you use S905X device with TV without HDR support the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

• I decided to "installtointernal" from a working SD card setup. Everything went really well and the box works great, except it only works if the SD card is left in the box. When I pull the SD card out there is an error on start up "To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing - press any key to power off your system within the next 120 seconds.
    So is this normal once the "installtointernal" command is run in putty?
    Second question, I cannot get KODI on any of my boxes to play a full album. It will play the first song, but none after that. I have tried hitting the play button on the folder and it just opens the folder up. How do you get KODI to play all the music files in a folder?

Edited once, last by doggyofone (November 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM).

• I can report back that 3D MVC decoding (both 3D ISO and MKV) and HOU output works flawlessly on my A95X box with S905X and the latest Jarvis build.

However, Bluetooth doesn't seem to work. "No bluetooth adapter found" after activating Bluetooth. Here's my log: VFUd Maybe someone can help because I was under the impression that there was no issue with Bluetooth and kszaq's builds on the A95X.

Dmesg puts out:

[ 4769.660209@0] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.18
    [ 4769.660406@0] NET: Registered protocol family 31
    [ 4769.660416@0] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 4769.660446@0] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.660453@0] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.660490@0] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
    [ 4769.691888@1] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
    [ 4769.691892@1] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
    [ 4769.691919@1] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

Doesn't that mean Bluetooth should work and show up in the Bluetooth menu?

Edited once, last by starbase135 (November 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM).

• Can't answer the last part but note that the MXIII II utilizes bluetooth/wifi chip requiring driver that is not supported (yet).

Also I believe your vendor link will get deleted! You might consider to edit your post and delete that part yourself

Does anyone know if the wifi/bluetooth drivers are supported in libreelec yet? a certain site has the mxIII II on a flash sale....

• I decided to "installtointernal" from a working SD card setup. Everything went really well and the box works great, except it only works if the SD card is left in the box. When I pull the SD card out there is an error on start up "To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing - press any key to power off your system within the next 120 seconds.
    So is this normal once the "installtointernal" command is run in putty?
    Second question, I cannot get KODI on any of my boxes to play a full album. It will play the first song, but none after that. I have tried hitting the play button on the folder and it just opens the folder up. How do you get KODI to play all the music files in a folder?

right mouse button or context menu (C) on folder and "play"