Posts by azbesthu

Hi kszaq,

7.0.3.012e also failed to initialize wifi with my Scishion V88 PRO (flashed to be mini m8s II) with RTL8189ETV.
    I redownloaded the gxl_p212_1g.dtb also for the update.

I see
    [ 77.929680@0] RTL871X: rtw_cmd_thread: DriverStopped(True) SurpriseRemoved(False) break at line 564
    [ 77.929915@0] RTL871X: rtw_dev_unload: driver not in IPS
    in system log, after deactivating and reactivating wifi it works fine.

Keep up the good work and thank you very much for the builds :)

I think your box has a bootloader that is not compatible with the remote you got with the box.
    The remote.cfg only have affect after the box started.

I have an s905x Scishion V88 pro box which comes with a garbage software by default. That is also cannot be turned on with its own remote. On android it uses sleep mode, not turn off, this is why it seems working.
    When I replaced the android on my box with s905x mini mxIII-II software I was able to turn on the box with the remote come with my mini mx.

So It is not related to LibreElec, but the factory software that is preinstalled in that.

Apparently the file is not correct for the remote you have. You may want to look for other files with remote in the beginning and conf at the end, like remotesecond.conf. Rename in to remote.conf, copy to Config folder and reboot.

We figured it out. After editing the original remote.conf to remove the "custom_begin" tags and the unused second layout, Cold5 reported it as working (link). :)
    Also I noticed the edited mini mxIII II file is almost the same as I had on my mini mx (link). So it seems some device has the same remote that had the original mini mx. Also It looks the same on some webshops, too.
    The idea of removing the custom_begin come from the same situation with my v88 pro, I had to use an edited file with that device.
    Btw, first I suggested Cold5 to share the remote.conf from the sd card's boot partition after first start, because it was easier to get. But that file was empty as he said. So he got the file from android, finally.

sadly analog audio doesn't work . There's now an analog device in audio settings, but no audio :)

+1, on my scischion v88pro s905x 1GB/8GB is the same. I see analog output in the settings, but still having the audio on hdmi, when I select that one. Am I missed something in the settings?
    [off]Btw my scischion v88pro has left audio shorted to the ground, an other user also confirmed it. So probably it is manufacturing error.[/off]

Are you running both tvheadend service add-on and htps client add-on on s905 ?
    I do but have no such audio issues. Note I run tvheadend 4.2

I tried both running tvheading 4.0.9 on Mini MX and using other device as backend. I'll try later 4.2 on the device too.

2 audio-related changes from 006 to 007: audio output configuration has changed to enable multichannel PCM and I dropped one Kodi patch. I reverted the revert for a trial: can you test this version (download that file to Update folder and reboot): LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910193005-r23332-g19a3d56.img.gz

Thanks for the update file. Seems, it still has the problem after applying that. I'll check 006 again to be completely sure about that one is good.

Hi Guys,

In 007 I noticed some random short silences in audio when I played live stream from tvhedend 4.0.9. It was ok with the preious versions.
    I use a benq gw2470 hdmi monitor, headphone plugged in to its audio output with a 1GB Mini MX using lan connection.
    I tried the default dtb.img that is the same as gxbb_p200_1Gbit, and I also tried a clean install with the gxbb_p200_minimx from 006.

Not matters if i play channel that has mpeg2 or h.264 video and also the audio doesn't matter if i use the mpeg2 or ac3 one.

Only happens with tvheadend pvr client, same with using stream from other device or setting up tvheadend service in the mini mx with a tuner.
    Also happens if I disable hw acceleration for video.
    Youtube and playing files from samba share are ok.

Do you have any idea about that? Does any default option changed in the last version?

So this was about the "cons". For "pros" I has success with my Geniatech MyGica T230 with 007 in DVB-C mode. With previos build the C format got only continuity errors, but 007 it started working. It seems maybe the reception quality is not so good as on my other board, but maybe just the tuners firmware files are different.

Thanks for the good work