7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• 1.) There is a memory leak, after a couple of hours of constant usage the box locks up with 100% memory utilization.

Below is the quote from kszaq when i was testing the Dev builds prior to Public Release.
    He is aware.

"The memory usage is caused by how Amlogic's video decoder allocates memory for playback in S905 devices: it uses Continuous Memory Allocator to reserve huge amounts of memory and it becomes temporarily unavailable to Kodi."

Whilst some improvement has been made with updates, I am now resigned to believe the S905 needs 2gb of ram and 1gb boxes are not worth buying unless you're prepared to reboot every hour during use.

I have an old S805 1gb / 8gb with the latest LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6 and the memory used by that box is barely 200mb all day long.

Hope this helps you.

• i've just installed the lastest build to nand, and just for info, LE is very much more faster when installed to nand!!!
    boot, live tv, all is faster...

Hi jpoilux, I think with sd it is allready fast enough and I like the fact that android is still available altough I frankly have to admit that I never use android.
    I was considering in installing LE to nand but I like to know if it 's easy to return to android. Howe are these steps to be done?
    You see, I allready bricked my device twice, last time was serious, I had to open the box and solder, shortcutting the pins off the proccesor :(
    Thanks to the support from balbes150 I managed to repair it.
    I 'm curious for the speed off nand installation, especially for Live TV, I' m streaming over WIFI from my linux sat device.

cheers!

• Do i need to apply latency settings if i dont watch live tv?

I don't think you need, especially that they don't apply to anything but live TV.

Does the cpu/gpu command fix the temp readings?

Unfortunately no. Details on why CPU temperature sensor doesn't work: projects/S905: Delete cputemp by CGarces · Pull Request #5 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

busydialogdelayms command was removed in the former xbmc 12 is it needed in your builds?

I don't know, this is copied from advancedsettings.xml used by default in LE. ;)

Whilst some improvement has been made with updates, I am now resigned to believe the S905 needs 2gb of ram and 1gb boxes are not worth buying unless you're prepared to reboot every hour during use

I only have 1GB boxes and they can be on for a few days without memory leaks.

• 2.) The PVR Clients don't appear to be operational, or for that matter i enable them period (they do not appear in the addons menu).

Hi,

They are there and working, did you enable live TV in the Settings - TV section ?

Just out of curiosity I dug my old DVB-T dongle out last night, had it all setup in about 20 minutes...

• On Wetek Hub, I have the memory leak problem in all builds (tried both kszak and wrxtasy releases). It seems to me the memory usage builds up as I browse the library. After a few hours, it freezes. There are a few people on the wetek hub forums complaining of the same issue.
    I am using a plex addon (PKC) to access the library, which is working flawlessly on the Hub under Android, and also on raspberry Pi (also 1gb ram) under Libreelec - with no issues, so it doesn't seem to be an addon problem.
    I have patiently waited for some fix to show up, tried all LE builds in the last few months, but unfortunately for me the box is unusable until this gets fixed...

• @kszag - please can you offer some guidance mate. I am having major issues with my Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb/1gb box. I was running 2.0.7 build from nand absolutely fine and then did the 2.0.8 update via 'update', but on reboot the box just locked up with the message 'your system is broken beyon repair'. After reflashing the stock ROM I was able to run LE in both 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 from SD, but as soon as i did 'installtointernal' the box locked up again. Can you advise if it is me doing something wrong or is the internal memory just shot? Happy to send you a photo but when I try and upload the image on here it asks for my url instead of the image file....how do I sort that???? Thanks

• Applied the 008+fix to nand through ssh process suggested in post #1. Very easy and fast methods especially for newbies. Everything went fine and now it boots faster and everything works perfect plus there is more free memory available (a major plus for all the 1gb versions)

Device: Mini m8s ii s905x (1gb ram - 8gb rom)

• @kszag - please can you offer some guidance mate. I am having major issues with my Beelink Mini MXiii 2gb/1gb box. I was running 2.0.7 build from nand absolutely fine and then did the 2.0.8 update via 'update', but on reboot the box just locked up with the message 'your system is broken beyon repair'. After reflashing the stock ROM I was able to run LE in both 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 from SD, but as soon as i did 'installtointernal' the box locked up again. Can you advise if it is me doing something wrong or is the internal memory just shot? Happy to send you a photo but when I try and upload the image on here it asks for my url instead of the image file....how do I sort that???? Thanks

MiniMX III has a different partition layout than standard Amlogic. It doesn't matter when you run LE from SD card but if you want to install .008 to internal memory, you have to do a fresh install twice, e.g. boot from SD card, run installtointernal, reboot, boot again from SD card, run installtointernal again. After that your box should run LE from internal just fine. That procedure will not be necessary for future releases, i.e. you will be able to do a simple upgrade from .008 to .009.

• MiniMX III has a different partition layout than standard Amlogic. It doesn't matter when you run LE from SD card but if you want to install .008 to internal memory, you have to do a fresh install twice, e.g. boot from SD card, run installtointernal, reboot, boot again from SD card, run installtointernal again. After that your box should run LE from internal just fine. That procedure will not be necessary for future releases, i.e. you will be able to do a simple upgrade from .008 to .009.

@kszaq...many thanks for the guidance, greatly appreciated. Just so I am clear when you say 'reboot, boot again from SD card' it automatically reboots after the installtointernal, are you advising that I pull the power cord after the initial reboot and then do the sd card toothpick boot again and then do installtointernal and let it reboot automatically? cheers

• I just tried the new dev build but hdmi passthrough still doesn't work anymore with my mini m8s. ?
    Back on 007 again

Same here... latest dev build and strange results. Movie with DTS-HD MA 7.1 plays OK with an occasional (approx. 10 times per movie) stutter in sound, while playing a movie with regular DTS results in no sound at all and stuttering image. Furthermore, with passthrough disabled, loud popping sounds and stuttering image...

Is there anyone who had success in any build on Nexbox A95X S905 (non X) 1G/8G (success meaning fully working passthrough and normal operation of the box without freezes/hangups)? If so, which build and device tree provide the magical combination?

• are you advising that I pull the power cord after the initial reboot and then do the sd card toothpick boot again and then do installtointernal and let it reboot automatically?

Yes. Actually you don't need a toothpick to boot from SD card again.

Same here... latest dev build and strange results. Movie with DTS-HD MA 7.1 plays OK with an occasional (approx. 10 times per movie) stutter in sound, while playing a movie with regular DTS results in no sound at all and stuttering image. Furthermore, with passthrough disabled, loud popping sounds and stuttering image...

Have you read updating notes carefully and updated your device tree?

• Hello,

I want to ask if it will be possible to add CEC and suspend features to the builds. I know that are in the changelog put they are not working.

Are this feature hardware or software issue?

Could we help debugging?

They are very inportant feature for me.

Thanks and best regards.

• Yes. Actually you don't need a toothpick to boot from SD card again.

Sorry, maybe I'm a real noob, but is it correct to put the device tree file in the update folder together with the latest build? This is my method, should I do something else? I also tried both gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb. I'm running from SD card. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

• Yes. Actually you don't need a toothpick to boot from SD card again.

Thanks kszaq...i believe that is what i did and when it reboots the second time after 'installtointernal' it was as though bits were missing...such as networks was just blank etc. I will give it another go over the weekend. Thanks for the help.

• I want to ask if it will be possible to add CEC and suspend features to the builds. I know that are in the changelog put they are not working.

CEC works, suspend is experimental.

Sorry, maybe I'm a real noob, but is it correct to put the device tree file in the update folder together with the latest build? This is my method, should I do something else? I also tried both gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb. I'm running from SD card. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

You need to rename the device tree to dtb.img after downloading.

• CEC works, suspend is experimental.

Thanks for the reply.

In my Beelink MX III didn't work correctly. In other LE official images, when I switch on the device, it switch on the TV in the correct HDMI source. And when I power off the device it power off the TV.

How could I test it?

Thanks for your great help.

Best regards.