7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• kszaq
    I would like to confirm that 008.fix correctly loads the usb v2 core kernel module
    (and the dvb-t one for my stick on top of it). No more symbol mismatch.
    Everything works as expected on my Mini MX-G.
    Thanks for quick code adjustment and rebuild. Have a nice day.

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (October 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM).

• I briefly tested the 008 and found that
    - buffer: now vq remains around 90%, in 007 with the same files vq goes to 0% after some minutes
    - in 008 in some video the audio is out of sync, it is ok in 007
    - 2 channels audio files with sr>44.1 (tested 48KHz and 96KHz) are not reproduced over HDMI...not testd S/PDIF

I stay with 007 for now ;)

kszaq, thanks again for your great work!

• On my LG Oled TV 55B6V (4K), Kodi is at the bottom third of the screen.
    It is attached to an A95x (S905x)

I previously ran 7.0-devel-20161006124814-r23325-g3be647e which had the problem of displaying the video in the top left quadrant. I adjusted the resolution to 1920x1080 to work around that.
    Making adjustments in the GUI is hard when only the top third is visible...

The logging is at Index of /libreelec/

Thanks kszaq for your time and effort!

• Briefly tested this 008 build and also can confirm that with some videos the audio is out of sync. I noticed it particularly with DTS sound. DTS-HD and True-HD have no issues.
    Also I see al lot more 'Buffering' , that did not happen with the development build 20161003204518. Sound was also perfect in that build.

kszaq, thanks for your great work.

• Making adjustments in the GUI is hard when only the top third is visible...

Edited /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

Code
    <resolution>26</resolution><screenmode>00192001080024.00000pstd</screenmode>

Now the GUI displays correctly in HD.
    UHD video is displayed correctly (full screen)

• Box: MXQ Pro + 4K S905 2GB/16GB | WIFI + Bluetooth = AP6330 | Ethernet Transceiver = RTL8211F | Similar to Tronsmart Vega S95 Meta

Firmware: TWRP_MXQ_PRO+Tronsmart (Wifi + Remote Works).rar

Install method: "recovery method (take 2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE."

LibreELEC works really well for playing master audio tracks on video files.
    Were Kodi 16.1, 17 beta 3 and SMPC failed, the Kodi version on LibreELEC worked fine!

Thanks

• I have terrible usb performance a little while after starting libreelec from USB-Installation!?

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # hdparm -tT /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
     Timing cached reads:     2 MB in 21.40 seconds =  95.70 kB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads:   2 MB in 20.39 seconds = 100.44 kB/sec

Kodi is quite laggy...
    Someone experienced anything like this? It's a S905x Box (T95x) using original dtb.img and gxl_p212_2g.dtb with no avail, running .008.

• Guys reporting buffer and audio problems, have you tried the new 008-fix update?

Remember to include the dtb file so its applied correctly.

Edit:

I would like to report I was able to fix my BT and WiFi issues, turns out i renamed the dtb to ledtb.img which is incorrect when updating using the update folder. When i put in the correct name dtb.img I ended up with a corrupt file system which i suspected may occur according to OP. Created a fresh USB key with 008-fix and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb renamed to dtb.img, booted LE using toothpick then used installtointernal from ssh. After that i just restored my previous backup.

I think people should try a fresh install just to be 100% sure, easy enough to backup and restore.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 15, 2016 at 9:51 PM).

• Can You tell me if there are benefits installing on internal, is LE running smoother on internal memory?

Hi Jefken
    if you have a fast external SD the question rather is: what are the disadvantages running from fast external SD?
    in my opinion : none
    Moreover: you can continue to run the (original) internal firmware.

• Hi Jefken
    if you have a fast external SD the question rather is: what are the disadvantages running from fast external SD?
    in my opinion : none
    Moreover: you can continue to run the (original) internal firmware.

Personally one of the my main reasons to buy these boxes was for internal storage and to avoid SD cards. Prior to the s905 i used RPi2 which has been great but had corrupt SD cards at one point or another. These SD where tested and bought specifically for RPI and had good R/W, the cards where fast but didn't last long.

Second reason was because my box only has 2 usb ports and one is occupied by the RF remote and i wanted a spare port just incase, it also looks cleaner, yes i know i can add a usb hub but why? I use the SD card for backups just incase a update fails or the box dies, if i booted from SD i wouldn't be able to backup to another storage device without a hub.

I know most want to keep Android but for me i see no point, unless its official Android TV. It was bought specifically to run LE.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 16, 2016 at 7:31 AM).

• Installed the first(non-fix) version onto SD card with my brand new Beelink Mini MXIII.
    After importing the keymap file and screen calibration this build is working very well with my old Sony TV (used HDMI for audio output).

Problem appeared during testing external USB audio DAC (based on Amanero Combo384 chipset) for music playback.
    After selecting USB DAC device for audio output in both ALSA driver modes (Analog or SPDIF) the sound is heavily distorted with strange noises.
    Changing different output frequencies or resampling modes didn't help.

Except the audio issue all is working fine. If someone can advice how to fix it I'd be very grateful.
    Many thanks to all developers involved.

• Personally one of the my main reasons to buy these boxes was for internal storage and to avoid SD cards. Prior to the s905 i used RPi2 which has been great but had corrupt SD cards at one point or another. These SD where tested and bought specifically for RPI and had good R/W, the cards where fast but didn't last long.

Second reason was because my box only has 2 usb ports and one is occupied by the RF remote and i wanted a spare port just incase, it also looks cleaner, yes i know i can add a usb hub but why? I use the SD card for backups just incase a update fails or the box dies, if i booted from SD i wouldn't be able to backup to another storage device without a hub.

I know most want to keep Android but for me i see no point, unless its official Android TV. It was bought specifically to run LE.

I keep Android for Skype,

• I briefly tested the 008 and found that
    - buffer: now vq remains around 90%, in 007 with the same files vq goes to 0% after some minutes
    - in 008 in some video the audio is out of sync, it is ok in 007
    - 2 channels audio files with sr>44.1 (tested 48KHz and 96KHz) are not reproduced over HDMI...not testd S/PDIF

Hi, can you upload somewhere some files which have a problem? Because I think, my box with 008 version works properly ...

• You would have to patch media_build - download the patch and replace every drivers/media with linux/drivers/media and place the file in projects/S905/patches/media_build. I have just checked - the patch doesn't apply to latest media_build.

Hi Kszaq, thanks for Your advice.

I understood that I have to put those modules in Your source, right?
    I 'm compiling now and I have changed the code in geniatech_hdstar_modules.patch as You said.
    I have placed /drivers/media from the zipfile in a directory that I created, called "linux", in projects/S905/patches/media_build
    but I get every time the error as shown in attachement.
    regards, Jefken.