LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support

• 1080p x265 10bit on the RPi4 is fine so far but it seems to struggle a bit at higher bitrates. I tried a 5.5GB file and there's minor stuttering throughout the video. Could it be a problem with the video or is anyone else experiencing this?

• Stuttering and a/v sync problems on very high bitrate files (eg "Sony Surfing 4K Demo", 4kp60, avg 77Mb/sec, peak 118Mb/sec HEVC) are known issues and are being looked into.

Stuttering with interlaced videos is already fixed, either use the updated firmware or wait for the next LE release (which should be out soon).

so long,

Hias

• Stuttering and a/v sync problems on very high bitrate files (eg "Sony Surfing 4K Demo", 4kp60, avg 77Mb/sec, peak 118Mb/sec HEVC) are known issues and are being looked into.

Stuttering with interlaced videos is already fixed, either use the updated firmware or wait for the next LE release (which should be out soon).

so long,

Hias

It's not just high bitrate h.265/HEVC stuff that is stuttering.

The 36Mbs Wimbledon 2160p50 h.265/HEVC iPlayer stream is dropping frames continuously (according to the CTRL+SHIFT+O overlay). 36Mbs is a reasonably modest bitrate for 4K50 stuff - but I guess with twice as many frames to process each second, 2160p50 is going to be more challenging than 2160p23.976 (which is what 4K movies will be running at)

The 17Mbs 1440p50 h.265/HEVC iPlayer stream seems to be pretty solid.

• Quick question as I'm a bit confused on the release cycle: Is there actually going to be a "regular" 9.0.3 MR based on Kodi 18.3 or are amd64 users supposed to transition to 9.2-alpha/beta instead?

• Hello

i have received my RPi4 4gb but i have an issue i can't figure out

When the Pi is plugged with the HDMI direct to my TV.. it works fine

but usually i was plugging my old Pi3 to my Video amplifier Marantz... but ..

when i try to do the same with the Pi4..

... no image..no sound.. nothing at all

strange and i can't find a way to debug that.

can you help me?

Chris

ps: sorry for my bad english..i'm french. hi from Paris

• Same issue here. I have a 2GB RPi4 with official case, PSU and HDMI cable. Clean install, room temperature is 20c and the Rpi4 idles at 70c and goes up to 75c during video playback.

The pi 4 temps are a known issue that they’re trying to fix. For the time being it might be wise to get the open air acrylic case with a fan. My pi 4 is stable under mild/moderate loads and hasn’t jumped past 40.5 in a house that is just under that temp wise. Doesn’t even take anything of note for a fan, either.

• Some Pi4s seem to run very hot, even outside a case. 70C idle is crazy. However others seem more reasonable.

It is several weeks since launch and still quite confusing. Is this the 'norm' or are we just seeing some defective units?

VLI firmware only makes a 3C difference so something else is causing some units to run way hotter than others.

• Official Post

Some Pi4s seem to run very hot, even outside a case. 70C idle is crazy. However others seem more reasonable.

It is several weeks since launch and still quite confusing. Is this the 'norm' or are we just seeing some defective units?

VLI firmware only makes a 3C difference so something else is causing some units to run way hotter than others.

From early testing - 60 degrees was the norm when idle and this was a std unit - i.e. no case, heatsink or fan, just open the the elements. (Ambient was about 20 degrees). Adding a small 5v USB 5cm fan brought the temperature down to around 40 degrees. I believe the extra heat is all down to the *new* 14nm (From my memory) chip.

I don't believe they are faulty (Just check the RPi forums - many reports) just a difference in location of unit, outside temperature etc (Sahara vs Alaska). I would check what is actually running as there maybe an addon or other program that is consuming more cpu than normal.

• I don't really get it. I understand that this is an alpha build for Raspi Pi 4 but what about this build for generic devices which is available for download too? Is this also in alpha state?

• I don't really get it. I understand that this is an alpha build for Raspi Pi 4 but what about this build for generic devices which is available for download too? Is this also in alpha state?

See the release notes linked in the first post

LibreELEC 9.2 for Generic x86/64 and Raspberry Pi 0/1/2/3 devices is a solid beta quality release.

so long,

Hias