Posts by M4tt0

the updated version should be in the repo shortly

Hi lrusak,

May I ask whether your updates ever arrived in the official LE repo branch? Asking because on the German kodinerds forum some people reported that the Amazon Prime VOD add-on continues to only work in conjunction with the Chromium testbuild you had posted here, but not with the updated versions from the LE repo. Does that make sense to you?

Cheers,

M4tt0

On the SD card. I assume you enter into the boot menu of your BIOS and select whether the to boot from the NAND or the SD. Then it would be comparable to the situation I have been in. Want to make sure as I have never had a Wetek.
    [hr]
    And another question, just in case: Do you use UEFI or legacy mode in your Bios?

Well, as outlined above, i.e.
    If(!) you have some Linux experience:
    (1) Figure out under whiche devs the SD card partitions are mounted on your Wetek (booting your existing OE installation and just inserting the SD card later)
    (2) Edit the extlinux.conf file as I outlined above but inserting the devs you figured out above. Even better: Use unique identifiers for the partitions in question --> google will help

But if you have no clue what this is about, I would suggest a different approach:
    (1) Simply backup your existing installation.
    (2) Install LE on top of it and take a look: Don't know your system or needs, but consider it likely a recent LE will make you happier than your existing system. At least that has been the case for me... ;)
    (3) If you like it, keep it
    (4) If you don't, simply "upgrade" to your old system, restore your backup and stay with it.

Just for you information: I ran the dual boot system for about 2 weeks when I updated my internal SSD and haven't looked back since...

There might be an easier solution as I have burned my fingers with that big time a couple of days ago... :)

There are two types of settings:

(1) Within the LibreELEC settings: Those are the settings for the "operating system" and apply to an external keyboard, i.e. one that is connected to your HTPC via USB.
    (2) Within the regional Kodi settings: This is just(!) for the layout of the on-screen keyboard and has nothing to do with (1).

If you keep changing (2) but wondering why your external keyboard is simply not functioning as it should (which is exactly what I did for several DAYS), you might want to look at (1) instead... ;)

Good luck!

This request has been inspired by my - retrospectively obviously - unsuccessful attempts to fix wrong keyboard layout settings for my USB keyboard from within the Kodi regional settings as I failed to remember that there is "another set" of keyboard layout settings in the LibreELEC addon, which deals with the "OS part" of the system.

Now, while the split into "OS" settings and "Kodi" settings certainly emerged naturally from a development perspective and probably is also easier to maintain, I was wondering whether it would actually make sense to merge those for an integrated system that is "only" supposed to run Kodi. Why would a significant number of users actually want to use different keyboard layout settings in the LibreELEC OS than in Kodi for example? And if there are reasons, why at least not place those settings next to each other, explicitly showing that one deals with the on-screen keyboard while the other with an external input device. Why two places to set networks rather than one? Etc...

Would be interested to learn your thoughts...

It's an Nuc DN2820FYKH i'm try it on diferent USB Ports to. The next try is fomating with th HP USB tool

Hmh, my only idea is to check the bios settings again: Would make sure, both, UEFI and Legacy modes are enabled and USB is checked in the advanced boot configuration. Press F10 during boot and you should(!) be able to see and select the USB stick in the menu. At least if it works like my on my HSW i5 NUC...

Thank you very much, Sir!

Replacing boot=/dev/sdb1 and disk=/dev/sdb2 in extlinux.conf on the external HDD did the trick. Just hope this will not be overwritten everytime I update. But will find out rather sooner than later...

Thanks again, vpeter!

[hr]

EDIT: Just updated to latest Millhouse with EGL, Estuary and all the inputstream.mpd goodies. System still boots correctly!

First of all, congrats for your first release. Even if I experience some trouble now, I know it will work great eventually...

Background:
    * I run an OE installation on my HTPC (NUC HSW i5) from an internal SSD. This needs to work so I would like to keep it for the time being.
    * In order to test LE I wanted to install it on an external HDD, which I keep for these kind of purposes.

What I did:
    * I downloaded the LE7.0 image and installed it on a USB stick
    * I attached the USB (installation) stick and the external USB HDD (for the LE test system) to my NUC and rebooted via the USB (installation) stick
    * I have chosen the external USB HDD as installation target

What went wrong:
    * The installation went through fine, but after rebooting from the external USB HDD I received an on-screen-message:

Code
    NEVER TOUCH boot= in extlinux.conf / cmdline.txt!
    If you don't know what you are doing,
    your installation is now broken.

Normal startup in 60s...

Not sure but speculating that the assignment of /dev/sd? devices went wrong, as they might have been assigned differently after reboot, when the USB (installation) stick was detached.

Any help appreciated!