Posts by Monie

After using bcmstat.sh it seems my RPi4 idles at 65-70c. Even while playing a 1080p x265 video the temp stays almost the same or increases only by 2C or so.

It has been running continuously at this idle temperature for several weeks as I never bothered to turn it off. How much of a problem will this be?

Also even after 9.1.002 update there still seems to be a very minor amount of stuttering on a 1080p x265 video. Is there any way to generate a report on this and upload it here?

I haven't checked the temperature for my RPi4. To the touch, it's somewhat hot even under idle. However, I haven't actually seen the thermometer symbol in Kodi at any time under load. Does that mean that the temperature is under safe limits and I can continue to use it?

I'm also getting minor random stuttering on HEVC videos. I feel like I didn't get this problem initially when I first got it. I'm still on 9.1.001 so I have to update and see. For some reason it hasn't auto updated on its own.

I only have a 1080p TV but I want to confirm that HEVC 10 bit 1080p content is running is running flawlessly and exactly what I wanted out of the device.

Also tried some 4K HDR content and that seems to run well too. I'm not 100% sure if the tone mapping back to SDR is being done correctly, but it looks good.

I'd recommend getting the 2GB model for 4k, with 1GB memory is a bit tight ATM (this may change in the future with further improvements to the firmware and video driver).

so long,

Hias

Is 2GB really required? I've always thought that RAM didn't much matter to video playback if hardware decoding was supported.

My current usage is only 1080p and I won't be upgrading to 4k for many months. Will playback on 1GB be evened out by then?

10-bit HEVC works in LE but not in Android as Pine uses very ancient Android firmware.

HDR10 and HLG HDR works but not HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.

1GB RAM is enough for LE for 4K as it uses less than 300MB RAM.

1080p works fine.

Awesome.

If I run into issues with LE (as it's in alpha), I was actually planning to use ayufan's 7.1 nougat android tv build, as this seems to be the most popular on the Pine64 forums. I assume this should have no problems running 10-bit HEVC?

I'm currently on a Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreELEC.

The main issue I'm facing with the Pi is the lack of 10-bit 1080p HEVC support. I assume the Rock64 running LE supports this, because I'm not completely sure?

Also, although I don't have a 4K TV now, I'd like to know the extent of 4K and HDR support for future proofing. Will it support 4K 10-bit HEVC HDR content?

And how much RAM will I need? Will 1GB RAM be enough for 4K HDR playback? What about 1080p?

I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'll post it here.

I have set up the aria2 add-on with the aria2 webui. I have a bunch of files that I need to download from Google Drive. However, any download from Google drive is not resumable in aria2, i.e. no .aria2 file is created. Every time I try to resume the download it just gets restarted from the beginning with a new file appended with .1 at the end of its file name.

I think this is most likely because Google Drive does not reveal the file size to the browser/download manager before installation. Other downloads with known file size can be resumed without issue.

So it seems that aria2 cannot pause and resume a download without knowing its file size. The same download in Chrome and be paused and resumed without problems.

Is there a workaround for this, or is there perhaps another download manager LibreELEC add-on that does not have this issue?

Is there some kind of download manager addon with a WebUI that can be accessed through the local network? I have some large direct file downloads that I would like to run on the RPi. I always use Transmission's Web UI for torrents, but I want something similar for direct downloads as well.

I checked every single folder in /storage and all of them are empty. I'm not sure what is filling my SD card.

EDIT: I haven't checked the hidden folders like .kodi, but I'm not sure how to find out which files in those folders are consuming the most space.