Posts by andsoitgoes

Same issue here. I have a 2GB RPi4 with official case, PSU and HDMI cable. Clean install, room temperature is 20c and the Rpi4 idles at 70c and goes up to 75c during video playback.

The pi 4 temps are a known issue that they’re trying to fix. For the time being it might be wise to get the open air acrylic case with a fan. My pi 4 is stable under mild/moderate loads and hasn’t jumped past 40.5 in a house that is just under that temp wise. Doesn’t even take anything of note for a fan, either.

External housing for drives is a relatively low cost expense and it’s what I’ve done to connect to add a third drive to my 2-drive NAS, I think it was under $20 Canadian for one, has it’s own power and works like a dream! That way you can have as many drives as you want. A powered USB hub would be another option, but I’m someone who is anxious about having a drive just sitting out naked, too.

thoradia

Can you add plex media server (native) to the repository? with others repositories does not work on my Raspberry Pi 4

Thanks for everything , you do a great job

how does it otherwise run on the Pi4? I am debating on running the test version but I’m hoping to see some confirmed use cases before I dump in a ton of time.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's possible or even feasible to set up my Pi 3 running Libreelec as a VPN router? There are some things I need to unblock via GeoRestrictions that I would like to use my Pi for, I know if I installed a basic OS like Rasbpian it wouldn't be an issue, but is it possible to do this under Libreelec?

I have NordVPN and I simply want to serve access to the Pi via the Wifi chip for my Apple TV to connect to as it has no VPN system built in.

Thanks in advance.

So first, thanks for all these amazing plugins! They are working like a dream on my Pi 3, but I'm having some difficulties with Sonarr

It's working to add things into Transmission just fine, but it's stuck only in the default download directory. When a download finished, I see this error:

Code
    Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume2/Volume_2/downloads/*********

I don't know the user account Sonarr is running on my Pi or how to change it, I've tried to find the info but I can't seem to figure it out.

These are downloading files onto my Synology NAS, but it seems like it's not possible for Sonarr to move the files due to permissions, I have a specific account setup on my NAS but I don't know where to go from here.

Can someone help me to resolve this? I presume Sonarr defaults to user root (i got an error there and Radarr I think warning me about running as Root) but I just can't figure out how to change it.

I presume I'll also need to create a user account on my Pi that matches the login information.... that said, I do have the shares mounted with those correct positions, so I'm a little confused, they seem to pulling from the shared directory on the NAS rather than the actual Pi mounted directories.

I'm running Transmission via Libreelec on my Pi 3 and I'm struggling, it seems that the web interface for transmission really can't handle when I'm downloading 3ish+ MB /s files, I can often load the web interface but it almost always hangs up and stalls out constantly, making any management nigh impossible.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I would see any benefit by switching the install over to my 3B+ that I just got, it doesn't really matter which I use as my goal was for Emulation on one of the units.

And just to confirm a distro I was downloading at about 4 MB/s just finished and I'm no longer experiencing hangs in my connection, so it's clearly something impacting the download speed.

Generally what I will do is download the files to my gigbit enabled network NAS, some files download directly to an attached hard drive, but I want to save that for specific downloads, and not everything as that's just a general external HD and I have specific NAS drives set up in my NAS unit.

The concern I have about using the 3B+ is that I seem to be struggling to get full download speeds, and I'm trying to address that but I don't see an easy solution.

I'd rather just keep things as they are on my 3B as I have libreelec working perfectly with 3D ISO files I've taken from my 3D blus, and I don't really want to rock the boat too much.

Also, thank you for all the work you do Thoradia!

Okay, after a bit of investigation and testing I can add more specificity to things.

Once the overall transfer speeds in transmission hit over 3MBs, transmission basically locks up. It becomes unusable and impossible to connect in any way.

The strange thing is that even at its base 100 Ethernet speeds, it shouldn’t have issues even writing to the NAS, but maybe I’m wrong here and that’s the bottleneck? If so, I’d say I could use my 3B + but I seem to be suffering with the same serious limited download speeds that some users seem to fight with.

Would you, or anyone else, think I’d see a benefit to running out and getting a gigabit USB Ethernet adapter? Is it possible the SDHC card is causing a bottleneck? My NAS is connected via a gigabit connection and the way things are setup is that everything is connected via an unmanaged switch coming straight off of my main router’s gigabit Port.

Thanks in advance.

I may have solved my own issue, I'm going to keep an eye on it.

I got thinking about Docker and noticed that a lot of people were using it for PiHole and I realized that's why I had it, although I'm not using it on the device.

So I removed Docker and all the stuff that depended on it, and it does not seem like I'm having transmission issues anymore. I'll monitor it and post back here if I run into issues again or if anything dies on me.

So I've been having some real issues with transmission hanging. It always runs, and it still seems to be working to a degree, but I've been having some hangs and crashes on my system.

When I set a tail on kodi.log file I see this pop up constantly:

Code
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: transmission.service: Service RestartSec=10s expired, scheduling restart.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: transmission.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1150.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Stopped transmission container.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started transmission container.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC docker[18932]: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC docker[18932]: See '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/bin/docker run --help'.
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: transmission.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=125/n/a
    Apr 03 16:01:10 LibreELEC systemd[1]: transmission.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I'm at a loss as to what to do

I found this link:

LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

with the following comment:

Seems to be related to this issue: Package updates by lrusak · Pull Request #1452 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

As a work around for anyone else experiencing issues with docker. Add this volume to the container:

Code
    -v /sys/fs/cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup:ro

But uh - I don't know how to add that to the container, I ran it straight from docker and got this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # docker -v /sys/fs/cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup:ro
    Docker version 18.09.1, build 18.09.1

Thanks, as always, in advance.

I did enable the service. the issue I have now, which isn't really an issue it seems, is that it's default mounted at boot, so I think I can hold off on this until such time that it doesn't mount at boot, I'll return then.

That said, I did enable the mount and the status.... I can't remember the error it returned at this point.

One bit to update, I forced the resolution to 24fps and now I get this:

state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 24.00Hz, progressive

But my Pi 3 stutters and is insanely choppy, it’s unwatchable.

I switched to an MKV (1080p, HD audio) and that seems okay but if I switch to a 4K file that’s 1/3 the size of the 3D iso (stored on a samba share) it caused the Pi to hang and simply freeze. Forced me to do a hard reboot as I couldn’t log in via ssh. And another, both to confirm work on my Apple TV 4 (non 4K), cause Kodi to crash. Trying the playback of the 1st movie again runs, but with display corruption. This isn’t absolutely necessary to play them back, but I don’t understand why it doesn’t work

I am running 9.0.1 just for clarification

Hi everyone.

I have everything set up and running pretty well on my Pi 3B but I’m unsure of one thing

I have enable full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D but when playing a 3D ISO file, tvservice -s returns the following

Code
    [HDMI CEA (16) 3D T&B RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

Does this mean I’m getting full 3D? The T&B seems to be confusing, I assumed I’d get a response similar to this from the Kodi forums:

Code
    state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Hz, progressive  

Am I doing something wrong? I know the iso is the full thing so I’m lost.

Thanks.

Hi all,

posted yesterday with a similar issue, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the script working.

I am able to do this:

Code
    mount -t cifs -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,rw,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.3/Volume_1 /var/media/mnt/Volume_1
    mount -t cifs -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,rw,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.3/Volume_2 /var/media/mnt/Volume_2

These mount find. They SEEM to survive a reboot, as well.

But I don't want to run into issues so I tried to create the necessary files.

But when I created those files, here's the first code:

I could not get it to work. Is it because I had previously mounted the share? It seemed to delete the folder I made for Volume_1, unfortunately.

I've been working on this stuff, and trying to get things working on a Pi1 for far too long, and my brain is fried - again. I'm at the home stretch and would love any help.

Thanks.

So

So

First I’m stupid.

I needed to make one tiny modification.

I guess in LibreELEC, at least the current version on my pi, “Vers” isn’t sufficient. Nope. Needs to be “version” and that seems to have solved the issue.

Alas it seems I need to create all the other files for their own unique shares.

Or is it possible to do everything in a single file? Can I mount the various folders there?

And can someone explain why “vers” didn’t work but “version” did? I followed the wiki to the letter.

Hi everyone,

So I'm hitting a wall here. I've tried modifying my script to include versions 1, 2, not adding a version to no avail.

I'm simply trying to default mount my share, that's it. It should be easy, but it's not.

So I've tried the following scripts to mount into a file:

or

Yet if I connect using smbclient -U MYUSERNAME //192.168.1.3/Volume_1

I can connect with no issues, browse and such.

I'm able to connect a wide range of shares directly in libreelec without issue as well.

But I'm at a loss as to what's going wrong, when I try to test things out on that mount, I get this error

Code
    ● storage-torrents.mount - cifs mount script   
    Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-files.mount; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)   
    Active: inactive (dead)    
    Where: /storage/files     
    What: //192.168.1.3/Volume_1

I have very few hairs left to yank out.

thanks.