Samba Share Mount Issues - Round 2

• Hi all,

posted yesterday with a similar issue, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the script working.

I am able to do this:

Code
    mount -t cifs -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,rw,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.3/Volume_1 /var/media/mnt/Volume_1
    mount -t cifs -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,rw,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.3/Volume_2 /var/media/mnt/Volume_2

These mount find. They SEEM to survive a reboot, as well.

But I don't want to run into issues so I tried to create the necessary files.

But when I created those files, here's the first code:

I could not get it to work. Is it because I had previously mounted the share? It seemed to delete the folder I made for Volume_1, unfortunately.

I've been working on this stuff, and trying to get things working on a Pi1 for far too long, and my brain is fried - again. I'm at the home stretch and would love any help.

Thanks.

• What do you get by command

Code
    systemctl status storage-Volume_1.mount

And did you even enable the service?

Code
    systemctl enable storage-Volume_1.mount
  • I did enable the service. the issue I have now, which isn't really an issue it seems, is that it's default mounted at boot, so I think I can hold off on this until such time that it doesn't mount at boot, I'll return then.

That said, I did enable the mount and the status.... I can't remember the error it returned at this point.