Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Btw, another (bad) workaround to H6 jerky output is disabling "Allow hardware acceleration with DRM PRIME".

Of course it's even worse than setting algorithmdirtyregions=0.

• Official Post

Sorry to say, but options that are not enabled by default are in second plan, there is enough work already for a (very) small team of developers interested in particular platform. Having said that, I always like to hear about such investigations.

Btw, another (bad) workaround to H6 jerky output is disabling "Allow hardware acceleration with DRM PRIME".

If this actually changes anything, it means that there is an issue with decoding pipeline, e.g. something is just a little bit too slow. This is one area on which we are working intensely (multiple platforms share this mechanism), but I don't think it will be ready before LE10 release.

• I have a problem at CEC. Whenever I turn off the TV with libreelec in operation (by kodi or manually), after turning the TV on again, the CEC does not work anymore, it only works again after a reboot. Is there a way to fix this? I configured the CEC to turn off the TV when I activate the screen saver, and to turn it on when I turn it off, when the TV turns on, I no longer have the CEC working.

• I have a problem at CEC. Whenever I turn off the TV with libreelec in operation (by kodi or manually), after turning the TV on again, the CEC does not work anymore, it only works again after a reboot. Is there a way to fix this? I configured the CEC to turn off the TV when I activate the screen saver, and to turn it on when I turn it off, when the TV turns on, I no longer have the CEC working.

I have the same problem, my TV is a Samsung UE55ES7000. As a workaround I power my orange pi 2 from TV's usb port, so it turns on together with the TV and CEC works.

Edited once, last by syao (May 8, 2021 at 10:31 PM).

• It stalls only once at the beginning but after that it plays normally.

In my tests on H6 and H3, every video stalls for a bit right after start of the playback. Very small freeze, typically for one or two frames, only noticeable in pan scenes. According to logs, Kodi does some video sync error correction.

It's solved by applying windowing/gbm: Add display clock by popcornmix · Pull Request #19601 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub you suggested some time ago and enabling "Sync video to display" in settings. Hope these commits will make it to LE soon.

Sorry to say, but options that are not enabled by default are in second plan, there is enough work already for a (very) small team of developers interested in particular platform. Having said that, I always like to hear about such investigations.

Completely understandable, just trying to help with testing things and giving feedback. Really appreciate work LE/Kodi/ffmpeg/sunxi/mesa teams are doing to advance modern video stack on Linux.

Particular H6 issue definitely isn't a burning priority, since it can be worked around without impairing playback quality or any other LE functions, it only adds a bit of power consumption.

Edited once, last by offbeat: Merged a post created by offbeat into this post. (May 9, 2021 at 6:16 PM).

• Official Post

It's solved by applying windowing/gbm: Add display clock by popcornmix · Pull Request #19601 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub you suggested some time ago and enabling "Sync video to display" in settings. Hope these commits will make it to LE soon.

I believe this is Kodi 20 feature and not planned to be backported to LE10. However, if enough noise is made about it, we might reconsider :)

I found another possible improvement. If you switch to ondemand governor, you can try following settings:

LibreELEC.tv/cpufreq at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• when the TV turns on, I no longer have the CEC working.

Plenty of such CEC issues were already reported but solution has not been found yet. TV behaviour is probably a part of that problem.

I have the same issue with a Samsung TV, but this only started somewhere between version 8 & 9 of Kodi. There has also been a major libcec update in that timeframe. Some bisecting to find the cause might be possible. Do you have any idea what would be the most probably cause for the regression, Kodi or libcec (or something else)?

• Official Post

Oh seems with the last patches (maybe Rockchip: linux: add patch to fix RGB to YUV422 conversion in dw-hdmi · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@8cce2e2 · GitHub) fixes the black screen on some emulators (especially Stella2014).

That patch is specific to RK, so it must be something else.

Why is it beta? Nightly builds for H3 seems VERY stable. I have Pi0, Pi3 and i can compare.

Because status is determined for all platforms together. Believe me, there are bugs even on H3, just not screaming ones.

I have the same issue with a Samsung TV, but this only started somewhere between version 8 & 9 of Kodi. There has also been a major libcec update in that timeframe. Some bisecting to find the cause might be possible. Do you have any idea what would be the most probably cause for the regression, Kodi or libcec (or something else)?

There is no LE8 for Allwinner, at least not from official git tree. Depends on which SoC you're talking. If it is A64 then regression most probably comes after switching to HW CEC driver. I don't have a clue for others.

• Can I install this rom to a allwinner H3 device which is not listed in your list below?

(My device is : kiwi box S2.)

H3 based boards:

- BananaPi M2+

- Beelink X2

- Libretech ALL-H3-CC (Tritium) (H3 SoC)

- NanoPi M1

- OrangePi 2

- OrangePi PC

- OrangePi PC Plus

- OrangePi Plus/Plus 2 (same image for both boards)

- OrangePi Plus 2E

• as you won't overwrite anything when installing on an SD card try a couple of images maybe the beelink is a good start, as it's also a box...