Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• There is no list - we've always refused to create one on the principle it will be immediately out of date and it's yet another thing we'll have to (and forget to) maintain over time. Anything that has driver support in the upstream Linux kernel is or can be supported today, and anything that needs "out of tree" vendor drivers will be politely refused. LE has some vendor drivers only for a subset of Realtek devices that shipped as official WiFi cards for older Pi boards (as they didn't have on-board WiFi at the time). Over time the percentage of these boards in active use is declining (and RPi0/1 are no longer supported) and at some point we will switch from wpa_supplicant to IWD which will drive a large nail in the coffin of those drivers.

• how many out-of-mainline kernel features does Librelec team maintains for Allwinner H6?

hdmi audio, cedrus and suspend/resume related with some improvements here and there (display, CEC, ...). Note that important part of that is also patched ffmpeg.

is it realistic yet?

Sure, just pick most (all) patches from LibreELEC build system. That's about 100 patches for 5.10 or about 30 less for 5.11 and even less for 5.12-rc (constant mainlining process).

• Dear Jernej,

I always wondered if there is a way to adjust the Kodi's buffer size for PVR Simple client (or maybe just for video)?

The problem is that very often I have video buffering on Kodi whereas I have no buffering on the same IPTV provider's channels on my smart Samsung TV (both connected through Ethernet cable to the same router).

I hope you know how I can do it, or any other help is highly appreciated.

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

There is no list - we've always refused to create one on the principle it will be immediately out of date and it's yet another thing we'll have to (and forget to) maintain over time. Anything that has driver support in the upstream Linux kernel is or can be supported today, and anything that needs "out of tree" vendor drivers will be politely refused. LE has some vendor drivers only for a subset of Realtek devices that shipped as official WiFi cards for older Pi boards (as they didn't have on-board WiFi at the time). Over time the percentage of these boards in active use is declining (and RPi0/1 are no longer supported) and at some point we will switch from wpa_supplicant to IWD which will drive a large nail in the coffin of those drivers.

Is there support for MT7601U ?

• This issue appears to be the same as the one I mentioned. I built 9.2.0, and 9.8 (38764c8) and can verify that 9.2.0 doesn't work, and that 38764c8 does work after the TV gets turned on. It doesn't work after changing input source to something else then back to the TV though.

I intend to do a bisect to find the patch which caused this difference, hopefully I'll have something before the weekend. And perhaps it will also lead towards refreshing after changing input source too (though I admit to not fooling with Input/HDMI-CEC options to investigate).

BTW, nice build system. worked fine with Devuan 3.0.

• I can test tritium H3.

Wifi on my pineH64 doesn't seem to work also.

• Dear friends! I have a problem currently.

I have installed LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img 3 days ago and the were absolutely no problems for this 3 days. But yesterday all of my HD IPTV channels started buffering (round circle in the middle of screen until 100% is reached). As I mentioned above I've got smart TV Samsung too that is set to play exact same playlist channels from the same IPTV provider and it works with no buffering.

Please note, that I have never such issue before (only when both TVs had this problem and that was either internet or IPTV provider).

I have tried to roll back to my previous LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20210129-fb96fe2-orangepi-plus2e.img but I was unable to install older PVR 7.3.0.1 from ZIP file and nor I was able to do it after updated back to LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img and tried to install PVR 7.4.3.1 version again. I am able to only install from repository.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Today my Samsung TV started doing the same thing! So this is my IPTV provider problem. Sorry guys for troubling you!

Edited once, last by levitsky86 (March 23, 2021 at 2:32 PM).

• Come to think of it i have a pine64 here but it's a v2 or something not the LTS afaik

Downloaded some samples from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

Anyway. nightly-20210321-32b3089 (H5.arm) OPI PC2:

NFS works. It didn't use to. Thanks. No wifi on this board of course.

Kodi crash when trying to install Youtube app, which doesn't work. known issue i think?

1080i-25-H264.mkv plays monochrome green and if i bring up overlay UI it stops playing video. I'd call that a fail.

VC-1_23.976_sample.mkv plays super slow. Fail.

VC-1_29.970_sample.mkv plays super slow. Fail.

MPEG2_1080i_sample.mkv plays green monochrome didn't try to bring up the overlay

FPS_test_1080p23.976_L4.1.mkv, FPS_test_1080p50_L4.2.mkv, FPS_test_1080p59.94_L4.2.mkv, FPS_test_1080p60_L4.2.mkv -- these all play generally ok but the ff/rw bar appears by itself at about the 2.1 second mark during the countdown in the video? What's that about?

DNCE\ 29.97\ h264\ 1080i\ 26mbps\ DTS-HD\ MA\ 2.0\ sample.mkv plays monochrome green like the other 1080i videos. Fail.

H.265\ HVEC\ Test\ 1.mkv plays just fine. Pass.

From my own archives, I have an h.265 hevc mkv that makes kodi lock up, but i can play it on a linux/x64 desktop kodi instance. from mkvinfo:

+ EBML head

|+ EBML version: 1

|+ EBML read version: 1

|+ Maximum EBML ID length: 4

|+ Maximum EBML size length: 8

|+ Document type: matroska

|+ Document type version: 4

|+ Document type read version: 2

+ Segment: size 1118295684

|+ Seek head (subentries will be skipped)

|+ EBML void: size 131

|+ Segment information

| + Timestamp scale: 1000000

| + Multiplexing application: Lavf58.29.100

| + Writing application: HandBrake 1.3.3 2020061300

| + Segment UID: 0xeb 0xc4 0x9d 0x55 0xb3 0xba 0x62 0x61 0xa8 0x43 0xe8 0x2d 0x41 0xb9 0xe

3 0xc7

| + Date: Sun Nov 08 18:56:26 2020 UTC

| + Duration: 01:38:24.828000000

|+ Tracks

| + Track

| + Track number: 1 (track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 0)

| + Track UID: 1

| + Lacing flag: 0

| + Language: und

| + Codec ID: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

| + Track type: video

| + Default duration: 00:00:00.041708333 (23.976 frames/fields per second for a video track)

| + Video track

| + Pixel width: 720

| + Pixel height: 472

| + Display width: 320

| + Display height: 177

| + Display unit: 3 (aspect ratio)

| + Codec's private data: size 115 (HEVC profile: Main @L6.2)

Display width and display height look very strange to me here?

Playing some files from a usb stick worked fine.

When i selected "Suspend" from the power menu, it blinked out and turned off my HT receiver and TV via CEC (presumably) but my logitech usb keyboard does not turn it on?

Edit: Ahh, pressing the button on the pc2 does wake it up. I have not tried playing video again after wakeup yet but the system sounds work.

Also noted - it won't let me turn off the HT receiver and tv. I turn them of, it turns them back on. So i shut it down for the night.

0p23.97

• I have an H3 orange pi pc. CEC works at first, but if I change input sources and return, or turn off the TV (samsung), then CEC doesn't come back until I reboot. Everything else looks good, though. I used nightly 20210320 and the stable release 9.95.1.

I have 9.2.6 on a Rpi3 that doesn't have this problem.

on my opi pc i have a problem with the CEC, after playing youtube content, the CEC does not allow turning off the TV, neither during nor after stopping. It looks like it is inverted, it doesn’t let me turn off the TV, and it doesn’t turn off the TV when it goes into standby or turns off. After turn on, before reproducing youtube content, the CEC does not have this problem. I realized that it also happens after returning the screensaver even without running anything.

Edited 2 times, last by Andre Bollo (March 25, 2021 at 3:27 AM).

• I completed my isolation of the commit(s) causing the hdmi-CEC issue on orange pi pc. Below is the last bisect I issued; I added notes to the commit lines.

Code
    eric@rybka:~/build/LibreELEC.tv$ git bisect good
    There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
    The first bad commit could be any of:
    06bfa28004e1c2f9039454b8949a394f771bbf19    (skipped -- wouldn't build)
    136b66990b026b8879bf5a59e98cee808e7f6cec    (skipped -- wouldn't build)
    2b6c562890b7f34449bf02faaab70b6987543f78    (bad -- just Allwinner update patches so it builds)
    We cannot bisect more!

I'd love to find why the hdmi-CEC doesn't return after switching input away from and back to the oj pi. But I'm not aware of any builds where that ever worked in this branch. Years ago, it did work with kodi 17.something. It was my first experience with kodi, circa 2016.

• Hi, i've just tried again to run latest nightly image (LibreELEC-A64.arm-10.0-nightly-20210325-32b3089-pine64-plus.img) on my Pine64-plus and i'm still having just the same problem - few seconds after booting to Kodi the UI hangs and just showing random glitches when i try to use mouse or keyboard. I couldn't find anything special in the kodi.log, but i attach it here anyway. Any help greatly appreciated.

kodi.log: kodi.log

Edited 4 times, last by 2can: format pastebin link properly (March 25, 2021 at 2:42 PM).

• roel Please test Tritium H3.

Timpanogos Slim Thanks! Note that VC1 is not HW decoded (yet, HW supports it, but driver does not) and SW decoding is certainly not quick enough. Can you please disable deinterlacing during playback and see if that works better? Only supported wake up sources are power button and IR MCE remote (power button).

nema32 Thanks for bisecting! That helps very much. Only possible reason which makes sense is removal of HDMI patch from 2b6c562890b7f34449bf02faaab70b6987543f78. It changes behaviour how CEC address is set and invalidated. I thought it's not needed anymore, but obviously it is. I'll try to reimplement that part and if useful, send it upstream.

ReivaJPG Raw NAND Flash is not supported, but eMMC storage it is. Read first post for hint about installation.

2can I tested image on my Pine64 Plus and I could watch episodes without problems. However, I think issue might be in too high GPU frequency which may not work on all boards. I'll prepare test image with lower GPU clock speed.