Posts by nema32

I re-located my large media drive to connect to LE via USB, and it's working great sharing files.

If I attach another drive and reboot, what was originally:

Code
    /var/media/sda1-ata-WDC_WD60EDAZ-11U

became

Code
    /var/media/sdb1-ata-WDC_WD60EDAZ-11U

which screwed up everything. It may have clobbered media library paths after scanning the source. I know how to generally use UUID in fstab, but I don't see any /etc/fstab to configure.

How could I make LE use a UUID for drives?

Also, is there a way to alias it so that setting up client access to these drives doesn't require typing an UUID? eg: smb://foo-computer/5Twd

This week I installed LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0.3-orangepi-pc since I haven't messed with it in a while. the CEC problems I described (and bisected) in march 2021 are solved. I briefly read through the posts, and it looks like jernej had messed with a fix and gave up? Well if he did something, it worked. if not, something else fixed it.

I'm happy to test things, but I don't really understand the issue. I guess fundamentally, I don't understand what it is that makes this a non-issue on my Rpi-3B+, but a problem for my orange-pi-pc with the same TV and hdmi connection.

nema32 Thanks for bisecting! That helps very much. Only possible reason which makes sense is removal of HDMI patch from 2b6c562890b7f34449bf02faaab70b6987543f78. It changes behaviour how CEC address is set and invalidated. I thought it's not needed anymore, but obviously it is. I'll try to reimplement that part and if useful, send it upstream.

I should be able to build/test any patches if that would help.

Does this issue give any indication of the similar problem of it failing to reset when changing input source back to the pi? eg, quick jaunt to the tuner "Disconnecting Anynet device...", then change the input back, and it's non-functional for hdmi-CEC. I doubt the fix you're mulling will address both issues, as all the "good" results only worked when the TV came back from powered off state.

I completed my isolation of the commit(s) causing the hdmi-CEC issue on orange pi pc. Below is the last bisect I issued; I added notes to the commit lines.

Code
    eric@rybka:~/build/LibreELEC.tv$ git bisect good
    There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
    The first bad commit could be any of:
    06bfa28004e1c2f9039454b8949a394f771bbf19    (skipped -- wouldn't build)
    136b66990b026b8879bf5a59e98cee808e7f6cec    (skipped -- wouldn't build)
    2b6c562890b7f34449bf02faaab70b6987543f78    (bad -- just Allwinner update patches so it builds)
    We cannot bisect more!

I'd love to find why the hdmi-CEC doesn't return after switching input away from and back to the oj pi. But I'm not aware of any builds where that ever worked in this branch. Years ago, it did work with kodi 17.something. It was my first experience with kodi, circa 2016.

This issue appears to be the same as the one I mentioned. I built 9.2.0, and 9.8 (38764c8) and can verify that 9.2.0 doesn't work, and that 38764c8 does work after the TV gets turned on. It doesn't work after changing input source to something else then back to the TV though.

I intend to do a bisect to find the patch which caused this difference, hopefully I'll have something before the weekend. And perhaps it will also lead towards refreshing after changing input source too (though I admit to not fooling with Input/HDMI-CEC options to investigate).

BTW, nice build system. worked fine with Devuan 3.0.

As Kodi is detecting the HDMI devices at start, perhaps just restarting Kodi should be enough instead of rebooting whole LibreELEC:

systemctl restart kodi

As a temporary workaround I would then map this command to some unused IR Remote key.

Yes, that was sufficient. I'm not sure I know how to implement that workaround, as all the remote communication is handled by the TV, and that's where the issue is. I have a workaround though, just using my Rpi for the time being.