[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• It is possible to test it on SD without a installation? If it so, is made like @balbes150 images?

Can you confirm if any of this features are supported by this rom?

- Auto refresh rate hz for local and streaming video

- Audio HD passthrough

- Acestream streaming

- Support for x256 (any resolution)

Thanks.

• Updated image MXIII_Plus (20170608). Will probably be 4k. I have no such equipment, so I have not tested this possibility.

No big deal, it's just a nice to have feature for future. Actually, I have no 4k content at the moment.

Testresult... 4k still not working.

Btw, a couple of month ago, I installed Wetek Core on the MX3plus (same CPU and GPU). Beside the sideload menu and IR remote was broken (bluetooth and wifi not tested, ethernet was ok), it run at 4k. Maybe this info helps to fix the problem.

• Update on TV Boxing multiboot from your created image. You are old multiboot, it can not run the new images (which you collect).

So copy over the aml scripts from the current git (or one of your builds for m8s) and rerun the toothpick method?

• As I'm now less 'afraid' of testing other boxes' builds on my Minix X8-H Plus, I've just installed the M8S Plus build of @surkovalex of May 28th, found in this folder: Index of /image/devel

This build works quite well. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth still don't work, but the video is better for the following two reasons:

1) It is for the first time, that I've been able to hardware decode h265 content on my Minix X8-H Plus. Great news, so it IS possible!

2) It is for the first time, that I've been able to have my Minix output full-screen 4K video on my Sony TV from Krypton! Only in 24Hz but that's a hardware limitation.

Like in the builds of balbes150 the audio output is good too, with passthrough working except HD passthrough. But also that seems to be a hardware limitation.

• It's not made like the balbes150 images - it's less convenient. Only the toothpick installation works and all your settings are gone after installing. It's a fresh new box with a beta of Krypton. So that's very inconvenient.

Auto refresh works, HD passthrough doesn't, x265 support does work but I think it is software decoding.

If you don't care about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, try the release for the M8S Plus that supports h265 hardware decoding and 4K video, see my previous post.

• It's not made like the balbes150 images - it's less convenient. Only the toothpick installation works and all your settings are gone after installing. It's a fresh new box with a beta of Krypton. So that's very inconvenient.

Auto refresh works, HD passthrough doesn't, x265 support does work but I think it is software decoding.

If you don't care about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, try the release for the M8S Plus that supports h265 hardware decoding and 4K video, see my previous post.

Thanks.

Yesterday I installed the suggested ROM. I'm doing some testing, but the general performance is very great. It is true that Kodi version is old, Kodi 17 beta 6.

Maybe is a stupid suggestion but, it is possible to substitute the kernel file form Begicj-M8S_S812_4335 to @surkovalex ROM to gain Wifi support?

Thanks

• Added a test image Minix\20170609.

balbes150

I have just tested Minix\20170609 it will not boot from SD card says filesystem corruption has been detected

it was the same if i tried update TAR but it does boot from USB

LAN works BT works but Wifi connects but does not work

if i just connect to Wifi and remove Ethernet and reboot it starts back up but can't select anything from menu

Thanks for your efforts again

1. Make a note of your new image (which you collected) on the SD card (pay attention , it needs the SD card).

2. Activate the media-boot.

3. Run the LE through SSH and execute the command "fw_printenv" and send me log.

@balbes150: How to check "activate the media-boot" ?

Edited once, last by tnds82 (June 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM).

• it will not boot from SD card says filesystem corruption has been detected

Same problem here with Balbes latest builds for LAN1000. Since the builds after 20170418 they don't boot anymore from SD-card. Even if you do a upgrade with a tar file you get the error mesage after the update. Very strange. I use a real samsung sd-card and it boot's the old images just fine.

• Hi balbes150,

I'm using since the begining on Nand your version LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.0-beta6_20161206 on my Tronfy Telos MXIV (=S812 MIII Plus 2Gb/16Gb).

I've tried all the over S812-LAN1000 and also MXIII Plus version.

On all these verion I've got the same issue regarding performance behavior (High Cpu usage, video stuttering) which I do not have on LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.0-beta6_20161206.

I've tried all on sd or nand, but no difference.

In attachment, the Top and dmesg result for version LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.0-beta6_20161206 and LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3-20170608 for comparison.

The top were made as I was just on the kodi interface without any action.

I would like to use the last kodi version.

Could you please have a look and let me know if you want more information ?

Thanks for your help.

Info_LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-17.0-beta6_20161206.zip

Info_LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3-20170608.zip

Edited once, last by daangel27 (June 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM).

• The test builds are efforts to get the Wi-Fi of the Plus working. The non plus has a different Wi-Fi, so I guess just reverting to the previous build which has Wi-Fi working on the X8-H non plus is enough?

• Hi,

i've "tweak" the last LIBREELEC-lan1000 kodi 17.3 to get back the lan on the MINIX X8-H.

?j8wr7ls9gzzgtwa

it's a tar file so you know how to handle it.

@balbes150 : on the last S812lan1000, S812/filesystem/usr/lib/modules-load.d/am_net8218.conf is missing.

if this module is not loaded, the MINIX X8-H users didn't get LAN.

ps : i'm a "windows boy", i tweak for fun , i've very limited knowledge of linux things.

use the "tar" at your own risk

freq switch ok, spdif ok, lan ok , wifi ok , 4k-x265 not ok

All credits to @balbes150