7.0.2.007 build for S905

• There are same rules as for kszaq's builds. For S905 is necessary to replace dtb.img with corresponding dtb.

So it is necessary ro Switch the dtb file? Do i have to rename the dtb file to dtb.img? Could this be the Problem for not booting into the Flash Screen?

Edited once, last by Freaky69 (October 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM).

• Tested on Nexbox A95X S905X (2g/16g):
    - boot from SD card --- ok
    - install to NAND using ssh script from SD card -- ok
    - CEC, Wifi 2.4/5 ghz, bluetooth, lan, dvb-t2 Mygica T203 -- all ok

So far so good.
    Thanks kszaq.

Hi,

I am getting error ---------cannot mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 .....any idea ? Doing it on A95X 2gb/16gb using micro SD card....Thanks in advance

• Hi,

I did exactly as you recommended:

For burning the SD I used OSX, so I got everything right and it worked.

Only Problem I have, I can't copy the dtb.img for S905 on to the SD, because its not accessable when I put the SD in the Macbook.

pls advise

• Hi,

I did exactly as you recommended:

For burning the SD I used OSX, so I got everything right and it worked.

Only Problem I have, I can't copy the dtb.img for S905 on to the SD, because its not accessable when I put the SD in the Macbook.

pls advise

Okay !
    My mind reading skills are getting better but they are not 100%
    You used Mac OSX to burn image to SD card and it worked ? Worked how ?
    Can't copy device tree because your sd card wont mount ?
    Is your card named BOOT on your desktop ?
    What did you use to burn the image in OSX ? You say I got everything right and it worked.
    I use Mac OSX and can help you if we can get on the same planet. :)
    Give me exact steps you have taken.

• ok,

I have a NexBox A95X with a S905 an 1GB / 8GB and Wifi.

I downloaded the files from here: 7.0.2.007

I used this OSX Installation-Procedure Installation - LibreELEC

SD card/USB drive:
    Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all.

• Download img.gz file and burn it to SD card/USB drive: Installation - LibreELEC
    • After this you will see that drive capacity is 512MB. This is OK as there is a second (hidden) partition on the drive for LE userdata!
    • S905 only: Download a device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.
    • S905X only: Keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
      • recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.
      • recovery method (take 2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.

I have not received any errors from the OSX Terminal.

Somehow never the less it did not seem to go right. I cant get the renamed dbt.img, cause the SD wont mount!

I have tried it on a Linux-System with the same result.

Edited once, last by gretsch61 (October 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM).

• I have not received any errors from the OSX Terminal.

Somehow never the less it did not seem to go right. I cant get the renamed dbt.img, cause the SD wont mount!

I have tried it on a Linux-System with the same result.

Can you go to #573   
    I had a real long posting session with another member back then and he got it in the end.

Start reading from that post regarding using ApplePi-Baker to burn images to sd card.
    That is what i use, as Terminal in OSX has given me problems in the past.
    The fact that your SD card did not mount after terminal commands suggests it did not work.

• Hello,

I install this image to a USB and it boot well.

The only problem I have is that I can not connect more USB devices as keyboard of remote receiver.

I have some questions:

1. Is it secure to install to NAND? Could I donwload the Android firmware? I have a Beelink Mini III

2. If I install to NAND, could get updates?

I really apreciate your work.

Thanks and best regards.

• Try a hub, or install to a microsd card. Personally, I want to keep android, just in case

• Hi again, found time to conect ftdi and try newest image but nothing new :( here is bootlog

• Hello,

I have this image (007) and it works great with tvheadend client.

The only problem is with the remote. The original remote doesn't work. I use othe USB receiver and it works great. I can switch off but not switch on.

I try to switch on with the original remote but nothing.

Is there any way to power on or resume with a external USB receiver?

Best regards.

• Can you go to #573   
    I had a real long posting session with another member back then and he got it in the end.

Start reading from that post regarding using ApplePi-Baker to burn images to sd card.
    That is what i use, as Terminal in OSX has given me problems in the past.
    The fact that your SD card did not mount after terminal commands suggests it did not work.

ApplePI-Baker did the Job!

many thx!
    gretsch61