[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I did that as I said on number 2 of my post, so on boot stays at a black screen without even showing the recovery menu and nothing else.

So last night a few more tests with all the possible S805 images and all black screen on boot and 2 of them after a few time they switch off the HDMI signal so TV moves to other input if I have other thing on, like my satellite receiver for example.

Only thing working and I realize is if I just replace the kernel.img and SYSTEM file on the SD with the ones from my Openelec Vtimod image, that the normal Openlec as I have with that image boots normally without any problems. So Any FAT SD boot partition putting the right kernel and system files makes it working.

• OK, let's try once more :)

Again, I installed the latest OE for the MXQ and the MCE remote worked when connected to the OTG port.
    After upgrading to LE, the remote stopped working.

Thank you for your help and patience.

minimoe I have looked through your logs and it seems like with LibreELEC your device is registered and driver loaded but I guess that with new drivers it needs to be configured somehow - LIRC possibly? Sorry, I am not very familiar with these devices. Seems like someone had simliar issue to yours: LibreELEC
    [hr]
    Maintenance release:
    7.0.2.6 7.0.2.6

Commits from 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.6: Comparing 7.0.2.5...7.0.2.6 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.3 to 7.0.2.4: Comparing b09c854...263a24f · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• removed MK808B+ project - you should use MXQ build instead - update as usual, no data wipe needed
    • added USB driver tweaks from OSMC project - these should fix some issues with USB DVB tuners
    • added patches for possible Kodi memory leaks
    • enabled 40MHz channels for Broadcom WiFi chips that support it
    • added a fallback to software decoder for HEVC streams that can't be decoded in hardware
    • added aspect ratio detection for H.264 streams - thanks to pec for implementing the patch, chbmuc for PR and HD-Lite channels fix. I also added a check that turns ratio detection on only for streams that need it (to keep CPU usage low)
    • added a fix for MAC address passed by u-boot in kernel command line
    • fixed Kodi option to choose Power button action - you should note that some boxes will perform "full" power down even when you choose to "suspend" - this is u-boot dependent
    • added Kodi patch from RPi for settings option to boost centre audio channel when downmixing
    • added hardware demux buffering patch from Davilla to allow higher bitrate hardware decoding

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM).

• LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.6
    Changelog: added a fallback to software decoder for HEVC streams that can't be decoded in hardware.
    Seems to have kicked in on a Hevcs.265 10 Bit Movie.
    Bad news is, Doesn't fix playback for 10 Bit.
    Just letting everyone know.

• Changelog: added a fallback to software decoder for HEVC streams that can't be decoded in hardware.
    Seems to have kicked in on a Hevcs.265 10 Bit Movie.
    Bad news is, Doesn't fix playback for 10 Bit.

S805 has too little CPU power to software decode 1080p/720p h264 Main10 or h265 Main10 video. S905 can manage 720p, but also not 1080p. You could try a h265 Main10 video in SD resolution.

• S905 can manage 720p, but also not 1080p.

The MXQ s805 has this problem when i picked up on it 3 to 4 weeks ago.
    Using .05 it used hardware to play h265 10 bit. It pixelated and was un watchable.
    It can play h265 1080p , but 10 bit is the issue.
    The s905 can play h265 10 bit 1080p using hardware.
    No big deal but i just posted it as i thought it may play with changelog details.
    Cheers.
    [hr]

Excuse me for the dumb question, but is it possible to update OTA? In the LibreELEC settings there is a section for checking for updates. What is that about?

With all these device trees for all different Boxes , i wouldn't count on it being implemented.
    The factory supported boxes which are all the same model with identical hardware and firmware would
    be easy to do.
    So that is what it is all about. :)

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 14, 2016 at 5:58 AM).

• With all these device trees for all different Boxes , i wouldn't count on it being implemented.
    The factory supported boxes which are all the same model with identical hardware and firmware would
    be easy to do.
    So that is what it is all about. :)

This is correct. That said my S805 builds have only 3 variants that might be possible to update over-the-air. Situation is different with S905 generic builds where you have to manually pick a device tree that fits your hardware - implementing OTA updates is possible but it has too big possibility of software not working properly afterwards. Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an idea how to make one build fit all?

• Testing the new build, so far so good except the turn on from remote, i'm guessing i have an unsupported board, but i really don't want to open the box atm and i can live without that

• I tried using HD18Q & MXQ SD Card version on my All-black box. The HD18Q ROM has a little lag and can't use remote. The MXQ ROM is smoother, remote works perfectly but there's no sound.

Which build No. are you using? You can also try switching the Audio output at System/System/Audio output/Audio output device

• minimoe I have looked through your logs and it seems like with LibreELEC your device is registered and driver loaded but I guess that with new drivers it needs to be configured somehow - LIRC possibly? Sorry, I am not very familiar with these devices. Seems like someone had simliar issue to yours: LibreELEC

You throw me in deep waters now :). I have no idea how to configure LIRC.

Thanks again for your help.
    [hr]

Hello,

I also have an MCE remote, and tried it with the wetek hub running your latest devel version. Works fine out of the box, all keys mapped properly.

mmpp, which remote do you have? Must be a different model, the description in lsusb is not the same as mine.

Edited once, last by minimoe (October 15, 2016 at 6:55 AM).

• 7.0.2.6 of course. I think I should try 7.0.2.4. Furthermore, Openelec 6.0.3.8 run finely on my OTT MXQ Box.

You can also try switching the Audio output at System/System/Audio output/Audio output device

Have you sorted out the sound by trying the settings.

I have used LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.6.img.gz on one All Black MXQ and

LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.2.6.img.gz on another All Black MXQ.

I can advise you that Both Boxes are Lightning Fast and have the best Memory Management ever seen from 1gb Boxes.

I am running both from internal memory (Nand)

What type of SD Card are you running ? Size , Class etc.
    Something is not right unless you have one of the Spoofed Ram Boxes which only have 512mb of real ram.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM).

• Finally after playing around with some other bootloaders and other new android images for K1, I manage to boot from SD this Librelec image with a few problems:

1- I have to use toothpick allays to boot it.
    2- Remote is not working so I use one of those usb lirc but is very jumpy and dificult to operate.

Going to do more tests now...

EDIT: I did already everything on the FAQ regarding this subject, ex.
    " A: Try both MXQ and HD18Q releases. If this doesn't work, grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH or

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration

using Windows shares. You may need to remap some buttons, though. "
    [hr]

Remote solved, instead of using the remote.conf file from Android system I use the remote1.conf that was in the same directory. So I renamed this file for remote.conf and test it with:

/usr/bin/remotecfg remote.conf

and voilaaaa, working !!!

Now only first problem persists, how can I auto boot always from SD without using the toothpick method?
    [hr]

More tests and I got the solution, I remembered from Openlec SD image and I put the empty file called unlock_autoscript on SD and now always boots from SD into Librelec, perfect !!! :)

From now on, just hardware and player tests, audio pass trough for DTS and Dolby Digital and so on ....

Edited once, last by SpyLand (October 18, 2016 at 2:58 AM).