7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Thanks Kostaman...greatly appreciated.

Just as an update, I have had a mare. I have spent about 4 hours trying to load LE both via SD and also onto nand on my new Beelink Mini MXiii and it looks as though this is the second box I have bricked. It would not load at all on SD attempts despite several goes at it and then when i tried to flash the latest LE vesrion on the Nand it tells you it has been successful but then just sticks on beelink splash screen. I then tried to go back and flash version 006 and again it says it was a successful install but when the writing comes down the screen as if it is performing the boot up it stopped and crashed and said'bad errors in section 2,3,4'. Tried to reinstall the original firmware via toothpick/recovery but then it would begin the process but just stop half way through saying installation aborted.

I really enjoyed the previous versions of LE, but versions 006 and oo7 have ended up with me just bricking the boxes......gutted.

Thanks to those for the help over the last few days, but I think i will just step back for now.

Cheers

• I'm on .007 on nand T95N 1gb/8gb
    I've just noticed the Vol + key isn't working to along with exit/back button. Tried all of the remote.conf without success.

• Having obtained an image for my TX5 pro though, it is just a single .img file that is used to flash the device, so can't quite understand how this can be extracted in such a manner that the 2 files can be taken from it.

You need to download the firmware .zip file (sometimes called the OTA update file), not the firmware .img file (sometimes called the USB burning tool image). Maybe try this link:

MEGA
    [hr]

Just as an update, I have had a mare. I have spent about 4 hours trying to load LE both via SD and also onto nand on my new Beelink Mini MXiii and it looks as though this is the second box I have bricked. It would not load at all on SD attempts despite several goes at it and then when i tried to flash the latest LE vesrion on the Nand it tells you it has been successful but then just sticks on beelink splash screen. I then tried to go back and flash version 006 and again it says it was a successful install but when the writing comes down the screen as if it is performing the boot up it stopped and crashed and said'bad errors in section 2,3,4'. Tried to reinstall the original firmware via toothpick/recovery but then it would begin the process but just stop half way through saying installation aborted.

I doubt the box is actually bricked for good. You need to burn the box back to stock Android using a USB A - USB A cable and the Amlogic Burning Tool. See this:
    How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool - EntertainmentBox

Then try install again using the new dtb provided by kszaq.

Edited once, last by oksmb (September 9, 2016 at 8:41 PM).

• Please test an updated tree: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb

@all I updated device trees directory, the only additional/changed device trees are for MiniMXIII (1st rev) and "MXQ Pro 4K". They both have a corrected system partition size to hopefully prevent filesystem errors when installed to NAND.

Hi kszaq,

You da man!! OTG working - yesss!!

Everything looking good.

Cheers!

EDIT: Also managed to get the remote working. I looked in Android under the /etc folder and there was a remote.conf (correctly copied to the root of the SD card during the LE install - but this did not work). Also found a second file under /etc called remotesecond.conf. This file was 3k whereas the remote.conf was 2k. So I replaced the remote.conf on the root of SD card with remotesecond.conf (renamed to remote.conf) and bingo my remote is working - no need to copy any remote.conf to the config folder in kodi.

Never seen a remotesecond.conf file before - but it worked for me.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (September 9, 2016 at 9:09 PM).

• I don't have a WeTek Play 2 (yet) so it's not supported in my builds. I think I can add it to a next one, unofficially.
    I think you can try running one of my builds off an SD card without changing a device tree and it should work, but no promises on remote control and internal tuner will not work for sure.

For a working LE build have a look at WeTek forum: LibreELEC (WP2) - WeTek Community Forum

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 9, 2016 at 10:57 PM).

• kszaq thanks for the new dtb for both MXIII and MXQ. Updated MXIII using dd with no system corruption YAY, everything seems to work.

On the MXQ installed from stock p201 firmware and it booted with the new MXQ dtb however LAN is not functional, wifi and remote including power off & reboot are functional. If you can fix the LAN i can finally give it to a family member.

EDIT: I also created a usb with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb and that seem to have booted from usb but fails on nand install with the p201 firmware. Right now i have 007 with gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb on NAND with no LAN and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb on usb with working LAN.

EDIT2: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb = brick.

EDIT3: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb = working, again no LAN.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 10, 2016 at 2:53 AM).

• I tested the new gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb on my Mini MXIII that was previously getting the corrupt filesystem error on NAND install. It is working now with the new dtb. Thanks kszaq!

Only thing I notice is that I am seeing this message every few seconds in dmesg:
    RTL871X: IsBtDisabled=0, IsBtControlLps=0

Not sure what it means. Bluetooth seems to be working.

not seening this on my nand install, did you reboot? is wifi on? my wifi/bluetooth is off.

• kszaq thanks for the new dtb for both MXIII and MXQ. Updated MXIII using dd with no system corruption YAY, everything seems to work.

On the MXQ installed from stock p201 firmware and it booted with the new MXQ dtb however LAN is not functional, wifi and remote including power off & reboot are functional. If you can fix the LAN i can finally give it to a family member.

EDIT: I also created a usb with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb and that seem to have booted from usb but fails on nand install with the p201 firmware. Right now i have 007 with gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb on NAND with no LAN and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb on usb with working LAN.

EDIT2: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb = brick.

EDIT3: Booting LE from usb and running installtointernal using gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb = working, again no LAN

I forgot that this box has 100Mbit LAN and not 1Gbit... Device tree updated. Please re-download.

Only thing I notice is that I am seeing this message every few seconds in dmesg:
    RTL871X: IsBtDisabled=0, IsBtControlLps=0

Not sure what it means. Bluetooth seems to be working.

If it works, why do you worry? This is a driver debug message, source from Amlogic has debugging enabled by default. I will change this behaviour in the next build for your peace of mind (and less cluttered dmesg).

• Can you try running with gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb if this is 1GB RAM box or gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb for 2GB RAM? These also have Realtek WiFi connected over SDIO bus and some little changes these trees have might help.

Tried gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb as MiniM8S Pro has 2gb ram
    Same results no change . I use speedtest Addon and it starts high download speed then falls off a cliff shuts wifi connection down.
    Ant thomas is saying 1 minute but it is playing cached stream that is why it is one minute. It is more like 15 seconds. As soon as it is called on it works then shuts down.

EDIT: Just installed 007 to SD Card on the Nexteon A95x 1gb/8gb
    Same issues so it looks like this is the 3rd different box with the wifi bug.

kszaq I am not sure if this issue should be moved to a new thread or bug thread ?
    Just asking as i am not sure doing that is correct or is it double posting ?
    Thanks again.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM).

• First of all i really appricate the efforts put in these builds, thanks a lot!

I have a miniMX and a M8S Mini and have been running your builds for a while, all with little issues (memory management aside).
    With the latest .007 build there is an issue with idling. I don't know if its the changes in the kernel, but if the box is left alone for a long enough period, it will not react properly when prompted.
    Screen stays black, you can see the sound icon for a brief second when sound buttons are pressed. Nothing else after that.
    Tried this with the m8s dtb and a generic one. No difference. I reverted back to .006 where this issue is not present.
    Anyone ele have tried to keep the box (M8S, but might be with other models too) idle for, let's say, a night and have it come back properly?
    Curious about other experiences.

btw, kszaq, i really liked the script for installtointernal, worked like a charm!

Regards,

atreyu

Edited once, last by atreyu (September 10, 2016 at 9:43 AM).

• I forgot that this box has 100Mbit LAN and not 1Gbit... Device tree updated. Please re-download.

If it works, why do you worry? This is a driver debug message, source from Amlogic has debugging enabled by default. I will change this behaviour in the next build for your peace of mind (and less cluttered dmesg).

kszaq: i can confirm that new device tree file gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb has workin wired lan !!! great !!!

maybe a good idea to integrate a build number in device tree files ?

so my known bugs are:
    - Volumne up + back button not workin on mxq pro 4k. image is not usable with no volume up buttom ;(
    - suspend mode not workin. i know that is well known bug. but any plan to make it work properly ? the mxq pro 4k have no power on button andturn on with remote control dont work

targ

• Yes, I can confirm that behaviour. It happened to me twice or so. First time it was on pre-007 test build.

Sent from mTalk

• Wrxtasy has this notice in his LE thread for Wetek Play 2: Interlaced DVD Rips (480/576i) will use high quality YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing. Is something similar possible in your builds, Kszaq? Mpeg2 files playback is not as good as the other formats. But that is my only con. Thank you for your hard work.

Sent from mTalk

Edited once, last by Libor (September 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM).