7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Your right it is all in the first post ! Rookie mistake, failure to read instructions ! Now I just have to track down 107L1 android firmware for the MiniMX V1 2GB / 16GB , the baidu links from freaktab are broken, I have 106L1 thats not the latest version though.

I'll check the thread where people have uploaded their device trees to see if anyone has already uploaded it.

EDIT: Fixed, I'm all up and running again, I followed the instructions from the first post as pointed out by trogggy, found the DTB device tree file for my box in the folder Kszaq has linked in the first post, copied it to SD card (renamed as dtb.img), rebooted with toothpick method and everythings back up and working. :)

Edited once, last by xsi (August 21, 2016 at 2:49 PM).

• Installed on a beelink m18 using a new sd card, following instructions, without problem.
    All seems to be ok, except the connection with the remote mysql database, installed on a Windows 10 PC.
    In previous versions I had to reboot the box some times to get connected. Now, I've rebooted al least 10 times without a hit.
    Otherwise, the network (wired) is ok. I can see the remote drives and all the add-ons work without problems.

Thanks a lot.

• Now I just have to track down 107L1 android firmware for the MiniMX V1 2GB / 16GB

You should be able to use OTA to update. I just parted with my MiniMx and it updated using that method.
    I did not have the the Beelink Branded box. I had the plain MiniMx.
    Dont know if this helps.

• Hi all first I want to say thank you Kszaq for another excellent build. I have a mini mx 1GB ram and libreelec on Nand: I was able to update but in this way, prepared the sd card for nand install as described in the fist post, toothpick method BUT without the sd inserted! (with the sd inserted the box fail to start the recovery as someone pointed out (and Kszaq suggested to delete aml_autoscript) ), once in recovery I've put the sd in and select "apply update from ext" then I've selected the update file and in the recovery log you can clearly see that ledtb.img and the others files are loaded correctly.

Edited once, last by anthontex (August 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM).

• You should be able to use OTA to update. I just parted with my MiniMx and it updated using that method.
    I did not have the the Beelink Branded box. I had the plain MiniMx.
    Dont know if this helps.

I found the dtb device tree for the MiniMX V1 2gb/16gb in the folder Kszaq has linked in the first post, now back up and running after following instructions properly.... Yes I also have the plain MiniMX there is no beelink branding on the box.

Looks to be working well so far in the brief test I ran, I only have a 1080p TV so cant test 4K content. Looks like the memory usage creeping up after watching video/using addons is still present hopefully this can be fixed in future builds.

Remote working fine, ethernet and WiFi both working, although WiFi on these boxes is poor, doesnt even see my 5ghz network...even though it has a dual band WiFi card onboard in the box.

Regarding the memory issue with RAM filling up I found this on the kodi forum from wrxtasy, seeming to suggest that this is a Kodi memory leak issue ? he also suggests it has been fixed, but where is the fix ?

"

trogggy Wrote: 2. There does seem to be an advantage to 2GB at the moment if you're running an ELEC variant on a cheapo amlogic box. People with 1GB devices are reporting freezes / out of memory problems. That's down to bugs / software not optimised though.

This is very likely fixed as the 2GB C2 running LibreELEC and the RPi has been having issues. See the GPU thread in RPi sub forum. Looks like a Kodi memory leak issue both with Jarvis and Krypton.

Any references to Kodi crashing due to device RAM size are starting to look false.
    "

Edited once, last by xsi (August 21, 2016 at 3:07 PM).

• Can I just check, I have v .05 on my Beelink Mini MXiii and T95N 2G - NAND, it works great - do I have to update both boxes to the newest android first, then follow the instructions? I have no idea what Android version shipped on each, i flashed LibreElec on day 1. I have both firmwares downloaded for each box, if its just a case of copying the android files over then thats great, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

• Regarding the memory issue with RAM filling up I found this on the kodi forum from wrxtasy, seeming to suggest that this is a Kodi memory leak issue ? he also suggests it has been fixed, but where is the fix ?

The fix is included in this build so it looks like the reason is elsewhere.

• Than you kszaq for the latest build. It works great on my A95x (S905). I decided to do a new install on a different SD card rather than an update. Everything seems faster (maybe due to a different card?). Shutdown now works as it should (does not hang anymore).
    As mentioned before the temperature value does not show but as long as the box does not overheat I am happy .
    Looking forward to future releases but I am already happy with this one.

Just a quick general question. On my Raspberry Pi there is an option to shift the movie up/down in the Video settings (Vertical Shift).
    Will this be ever available in LE for S905?

• The fix is included in this build so it looks like the reason is elsewhere.

This is the only flaw I can see with getting these cheap boxes. Any idea what the cause is? Seems like its kernel since people have been reporting this on Android as well. Which i guess AML does not want to fix.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 21, 2016 at 3:09 PM).

• Recoverder original instalation (android) after some restart and wait.
    But I was unable to do a upgrade, so I tried a fresh new installation. All seems ok, and it work (no wifi)
    Now I will test all things-

Edited once, last by willyfan (August 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM).

• This is the only flaw I can see with getting these cheap boxes. Any idea what the cause is? Seems like its kernel since people have been reporting this on Android as well. Which i guess AML does not want to fix.

I'm not sure if it is the kernel, otherwise would not all S905 based devices suffer from the same issue ? Are users of Odroid C2, Weteks etc also reporting the same issues after the fix mentioned ? If other devices do not have this issue, is there some sort of patch or kernel tweak that they have applied to resolve the issue ?

Currently I only power up my box when I watch stuff, I then switch it back off, I also have 2Gb RAM so I havent really had issues with this bug as my box is never on long enough for the RAM to fill up. But you can still see the memory increasing with every video thats played and not releasing.

• Just a quick general question. On my Raspberry Pi there is an option to shift the movie up/down in the Video settings (Vertical Shift).
    Will this be ever available in LE for S905?

This would have to be implemented in Kodi for Amlogic hardware decoder. I am not a Kodi dev, don't ask me.

• Can't get this to work on my Sumvision Cyclone X4+, which has been running V5 ok from SD. I followed the instructions, putting the img.gz file into the udate directory and rebooting. I could then see the usual updated messages, and it said it was rebooting - and never came back. I have "no signal" on the monitor it's connected to. Tried powering off/on but still the same. So I carried on and extracted the dtb.img from the latest android firmware and put it on the SD. I held the toothpick in and powered on - but the same. Absolutely nothing on the monitor (no signal).

I then tried a new install of V6 on a different SD card (and also tried on a USB stick) with the extracted dtb.img copied on - but still the same when trying a toothpick recovery boot - no signal on the monitor.

Not sure what else to try next.

• I couldn't install it on my device (MXQ Pro Quick Play) through usuall way - putting ZIP into SD and then updating from Android (toothpick won't work). I'm trying again in a little different way but we'll see.

• I couldn't install it on my device (MXQ Pro Quick Play) through usuall way - putting ZIP into SD and then updating from Android (toothpick won't work). I'm trying again in a little different way but we'll see.

Did you read OP? The steps are completly different with 006.