Posts by vn800art

Hello!:) Left my active participation to the Amlogic threads here due to changing home and ... building a dedicated audio/video room in the new residence! So, I have a Nsatv that I use as a streamer and I was comparing the output of Tidal (premium, not Hi-fi, btw) from the Marantz Avr: from the Android device I only get Pcm 48khz, where inside the Avr the same subscription gives me AAC at 320kbps. The Tidal2 addon in Kodi/Spmc on the Shield shows AAC when streaming a song, and in a thread on Kodi forum the developer was thinking that maybe in Android we cannot do a passthrough for AAC, transcoding into Pcm. The hearing difference is not much, but valuable in my opinion. What is the state of the art about this subject?

Thanks for your interest

Regards

Alessandro

I am unable to ssh the box, i get "connection error" message.

Can anyone guide me?..

s7Edge ==》TaPaTaLk

What system do you have? I use X-plore on Android phone, download your update file and .dtb ( if it is necessary, and rename it to dtb.img), change tab in X-plore, scroll down to the bottom and open SSH, add server, insert IP address of your running box, username=root, password=libreelec, save, DONE. Open your box archive to Storage, inside there is .update folder. Change X-plore tab and you go back to where you had downloaded your (2 ?) files, click on the flag to choose them, long click on one of them open the drop down list, choose copy to and you will be prompted with the destination route, in the .update folder in your box, accept, DONE. Reboot your box, wait.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Bloody w10 pc rebooting for the last sh...y upgrade!
    Upgraded all the way with clear instructions in OP, BUT using Android phone, X-Plore and its SSH plugin!
    Device MXQ PRO 4K board P201T Realtek chipset, but upgraded using the same .dtb image (taken from the 008 container!) used in 007 first install: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    Coffe sent!
    Regards
    Alessandro
    I can add viewing Suicide squad 720p on 007 had little lag/micro stuttering, now on 008 its perfect!

Hello! Received an MX PLUS P200 S2 board, terrible remote with maybe mouse not working on Android! Or I may say I haven't been able to make it to work! What .dtb file can someone recommend? Bt is working, so is Ethernet (1Gbit) and wifi (N, not so bad). I believe it could have Realtek chip ( I guess from the S2 label, first batch I red had 6212 chip).
    Good work, Kszaq and all others involved, donation coming!
    Regards
    Alessandro

What about creating a thread as: pls everyone write down here what exact USB stick they use to see DVB T2 and DVB S2 transmissions with TvHeadend under .008 / 007 version? No advertising related, only hardware/exact name of the stick!
    This means, I have a quite old stick I used under Windows 7 with Kodi for DVB T2, I know it works under Linux, but I cannot find an inexpensive stick to watch DVB S2 Tv! Can anyone help?
    Thank You
    Alessandro

Listen, every time I start working on a new device and to be safe, I take the media hw support ( in the meanwhile I burnt LE on a USB KEY, 8GB, all flawless, first try successful on the USB plug nearest to the Sd slot, btw), and make a clean format with Sdformatter, you never know what you could have on your sd, HD, etc.
    Next thing to try is to change .dtb file, or try to discover in Android what is your board type, Soc, or Wi-Fi chip. I used CPU Z.
    Regards
    Alessandro

I have used Win32disk imager before for OE and done same with LE ( didn't find other write programs user friendly!). In this case You have to unpack .gz file first! I use 7zip. Will try last .dtb release, this was with .007 build. On a MXQ pro4k with p201t board! I used p201 .dtb file. The class10 64GB micro sdhc I used has to be indexed into the system, I believe, and this takes time. If you wait and power off after a while, leaving sd into the box, all well; if you take sd out and use Android, next LE reboot will also look slow first time. Will look to USB boot, 8Gb key.
    Regards
    Many many thanks to Kszaq for his wonderful work. Will have to try Tvheadend server for Dvb S2, but T2 first!
    Alessandro

Didn't even thought that a similar site could exist!
    But, let me add my 2c. contribution: Here the site explaining
    Ssh commands - OpenELEC
    I usually download .zips from an Android phone and connect over the network to the box with x-plore file manager, which has an ssh terminal as a net plugin (included, scroll down to find it).
    Regards!

Hello! First post here, I know it has been asked many times, but... my MXQ PRO 4K doesn't show P200 neither P201 outside or inside the box. What's the way to discover this? I know I could try without fear, but... . Moreover I would like to know if someone could link me to a working TWRP for this box. Looks it has no BT, but nevertheless SPMC is working well on Android. First LE install, but I have OE on Sd on all my other boxes.
    I must not forget to thank Kszaq and all the others involved in this project, and all participants to the thread, Kudos!
    Alessandro