7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Hello! Received an MX PLUS P200 S2 board, terrible remote with maybe mouse not working on Android! Or I may say I haven't been able to make it to work! What .dtb file can someone recommend? Bt is working, so is Ethernet (1Gbit) and wifi (N, not so bad). I believe it could have Realtek chip ( I guess from the S2 label, first batch I red had 6212 chip).
    Good work, Kszaq and all others involved, donation coming!
    Regards
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

• kszaq i have made some observations relating to "when", available memory decreases.
    It seems that playing video files uses up some memory but recovers after playback. Playing video files isn't where the memory usage suddenly climbs.
    I have found that using GUI in browsing add-on files and library files in the home network etc, causes available memory to get down to under 180mb available and then a freeze.
    It is no big deal for me just an observation on when it happens.

kszaq  kostaman
    Any idea if this can be resolved in future LE builds ? As it is, the Wetek Hub is unusable for people accessing the media library through an addon.
    I try using it as a plex client through either PKC or PlexBMC, and it freezes in no time just by browsing the library.
    Android works fine, but CEC and bluetooth implementations there are really iffy...

thanks

• Hey guys i am running a  Beelink Mini MX Amlogic S905 Quad-core 2G+16G box and I have tried the latest dev build/008/007 builds and for whatever reason i can not get the back button to work? Any suggestions? I am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb device tree file if it is the correct on for my box? Also when i downgrade from dev/008 to 007 build do i need to us the 007 build device tree file?

Thanks in advance!

I'm running the same box, version 8, I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi I now think the wifi is a lot better.

I thought the back button was working in the newest build, but if not there is a fix. I can't find it at the moment. Someone added something to the keyboard.

• Bloody w10 pc rebooting for the last sh...y upgrade!
    Upgraded all the way with clear instructions in OP, BUT using Android phone, X-Plore and its SSH plugin!
    Device MXQ PRO 4K board P201T Realtek chipset, but upgraded using the same .dtb image (taken from the 008 container!) used in 007 first install: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    Coffe sent!
    Regards
    Alessandro
    I can add viewing Suicide squad 720p on 007 had little lag/micro stuttering, now on 008 its perfect!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited once, last by vn800art (October 22, 2016 at 10:02 PM).

• I'm running the same box, version 8, I used gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi I now think the wifi is a lot better.

I thought the back button was working in the newest build, but if not there is a fix. I can't find it at the moment. Someone added something to the keyboard.

I never had problem with remote control on Beelink MiniMX III (2G/16G) or Beelink MiniMX (1G/8G) with latest dev build/007/008/afl1's Krypton builds. All of them used the same dtb file as yours. First of all, I used mostly TV remote control control with CEC (because of more media control keys and less remote control to handle). I just tested the remote control that came with the Beelink and the 'Back' key was working.

Whenever I prepare the mSD card with Win32Diskimager, I copy the corresponding dtb and remote.conf to the card before I plugged it into the TV box. kostaman prepared different remote.conf files for two different remotes here LibreELEC post #461 and both of them are working, at least on all of my TV boxes. Perhaps you got a different remote control came with your box but you can give them a try.

• I never had problem with remote control on Beelink MiniMX III (2G/16G) or Beelink MiniMX (1G/8G) with latest dev build/007/008/afl1's Krypton builds. All of them used the same dtb file as yours. First of all, I used mostly TV remote control control with CEC (because of more media control keys and less remote control to handle). I just tested the remote control that came with the Beelink and the 'Back' key was working.

Whenever I prepare the mSD card with Win32Diskimager, I copy the corresponding dtb and remote.conf to the card before I plugged it into the TV box. kostaman prepared different remote.conf files for two different remotes here LibreELEC post #461 and both of them are working, at least on all of my TV boxes. Perhaps you got a different remote control came with your box but you can give them a try.

Okay thanks, I will give those remote.conf files and give them a try!

• What if we already have installed Libreelec on the NAND? Any way to use those files in order to make the remote work again?

I had never installed LibreELEC on NAND, but I believe you can still copy the remote.conf to the /Configfiles directory using Samba share and reboot. In some case, I used this method.

• Thank you! I'll try it tomorrow.
    [hr]

I had never installed LibreELEC on NAND, but I believe you can still copy the remote.conf to the /Configfiles directory using Samba share and reboot. In some case, I used this method.

Btw, the link on your last post takes me to a different thread totally unrelated to this. Could you please check or tell me which thread it is?

Edited once, last by dastinger (October 23, 2016 at 2:38 AM).

• just want to share, since 005 some of buttons on my remote.conf behave incorrectly, for example page up turn into volumeup function, never had this on pre005 or Alex Openelec, perhaps kszaq once said that LE uses the android remote.conf in the internal nand if it found it, the workaround is to reload the remote.conf again in //configfiles/autostart.sh >
    remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf
    [hr]
    another finding, if you still get tty error message after manually update 007 to 008 on sd card, the workaround is to rename the label of the partition, 1st fat32> BOOT, 2nd ext4 > DISK

Edited once, last by 2ami (October 23, 2016 at 7:04 AM).

• Also can someone give me there advancesettings/guisettings.xml-my kodi buffer when playing high bandwidth streams like 1080p/mpeg2 audio-my dl speed is very good so it could be the cache.

Thanks.

• 2ami .008 build includes a script that adds labels to partitions so as long as you update using recommended way (and not simply replacing files on SD card), the box will boot correctly.

All builds have a script to remap some buttons from Android to make them work and as I don't have all remotes possible, not all may be remapped correctly. I welcome all suggestions to improve the remapping script.

• I read the trick to disable hardware acceleration for mpeg2 and 4 regarding stuttering.
    Seems I gained some margin before getting usbaudio sound troubles.
    It's still there but less frequently.
    Too bad I can't really trace the source problem.

• thanks kszaq, maybe im the only person who prefer to update manually as i always did since early days of OE, so i share my experience to anyone like me, for the remote mapping i recommend to use priority 1.remote.conf on root of boot partition 2. remote.conf internal nand, 3. remote.conf amlogic universal :)

• @kszaq....thought it polite to give you an update on my saga with my beelink min mxiii. Thanks to your help I managed to get it to work again using the (fresh install) 2.0.8 fix.img via sd card and then installtointernal........works a treat except the issue with the back button not working but fixed that with keymap editor. i then did exactly the same with my new A95X Nexbox 1gb/8gb and it again works great except for the back button issue but that is now sorted. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that the wifi with the original device tree on the A95X Nexbox is very very poor. Has anyone tried it with one of kszaq's device trees and if so does the wifi work well?

Cheers

• ught it polite to give you an update on my saga with my beelink min mxiii. Thanks to your help I managed to get it to work again using the (fresh install) 2.0.8 fix.img via sd card and then installtointernal........works a treat except the issue with the back button not working but fixed that with keymap editor. i then did exactly the same with my new A95X Nexbox 1gb/8gb and it again works great except for the back button issue but that is now sorted. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that the wifi with the original device tree on the A95X Nexbox is very very poor. Has anyone tried it with one of kszaq's device trees and if so does the wifi work well?

Cheers

I also notice the wifi is poor on the a95x with the s905 and realtek wifi. I didnt expect much with the price of the unit.

Edited once, last by skyeagle (October 23, 2016 at 4:31 PM).