Posts by bobobalde

Hello,

Just looking for some advice, I have the list of supported WiFi chipsets (for external dongles) - but does anybody have any recommendations? just want a dual band one that is cheap-ish as the WiFi on my nexbox is garbage.

Cheers.

I read the whole post, and it doesn't make that much sense. Right underneath it are posts explaining that some of the info is not correct anymore. But thanks for the warm welcome, always nice to meet such helpful individuals on forums.

1. - Stop acting like a baby
    2. - Download this file...

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.009.img.gz

3. - Unzip it
    4. - download this file...

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

Rename it to dtb.img

4. Download Win32diskimager (if on mac get whatever the mac version of that program is)
    5. Stick sd card into computer or laptop and use win32disk to write the file you extracted to the card.
    6. Copy dtb.img from step 4 onto the sd card you just wrote (overwrite file)
    7. Put SD card into mini mx iii ii
    8. start box up with 'toothpick' method - it will boot into libreelec
    9. ssh into box (i use putty on windows) - ip address of box, username root, password libreelec
    10. type 'installtointernal'
    11. Wait for box to reboot - if you get an error when rebooting then do step 9 and 10 again as some boxes need to have that done twice
    11. you can now remove your sd card from the box
    12. i believe the mx iii ii you need to add this to autostart.sh (i would use filezilla to sftp into box to do this)

insmod /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/compat.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/cfg80211.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/wlan.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/amlogic/wifi/bcmdhd/dhd.ko

That is if you intend to use wifi

This is all in the first post more or less, if you dont understand any of it then i wouldnt try as you may brick your box.

Make sure you have an android firmware for your box (beelink forum) and get a copy of recovery.img and dtb.img from it incase you do anything wrong and need to get back into recovery again.

Installed devel newest version on SD card. Remote doesnt working. Can u give me remote.conf file? And where i should paste it? And if it will not work i need all parameters of ur sistem and all steps u did to instal LE. U installed TWRP recovery? Whats ur bocks memory? 1gb or 2? How u installed LE? From recovery or SSH?

I didnt install TWRP
    Libreelec is on nand installed through standard recovery.
    Nexbox A95x (S905x) - 2G Ram

I will PM you the remote.conf file later tonight or tomorrow, I think to get it working you copy it to /storage/.config/ (Use Filezilla and you can just drag and drop into there) - EDIT - if you still have Android on nand then you can grab the remote.conf using Root Explorer in Android, it might be in /root/etc/remote.conf - but you can search with a decent root explorer.

Then SSH into box and run this command..

remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf

Someone else can confirm that command maybe, ive never had to use myself.

It is .gz file... How can i install it to internal memory? In a head of post wrote that i need to do it by using SSH. I dont know that metod) I need to load it by adb and ip adress? Can u give me tutorial pls.

U have devel version on internal memory?

On my A95x i think its .007 version, will have to double check, yes its on internal.

Update to the last devel delevop version, contains the fix for the remote.
    2016-10-28

If it still doesn't work I have the same box and can provide the remote.conf file.

Another thing, I have read some comments about issues with booting a nexbox with the remote when it has been powered off - mine boots perfectly well with the remote after it has been powered off, not sure if that is of any interest or useful to anybody but thought i would share as i was surprised it worked myself.

does anybody knows what device tree will i use for Mini M8S II Amlogic S905X Quad Core Processor - 2GB+8GB

thanks
    kabise

You need - gxl_p212_2g.dtb

But honestly, Read the First Post :dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy:

• S905: First look for device tree with your box name in it. In case there is no such image, download generic one. Device trees for S905 boxes start with gxbb.

• example: for a box with 2GB of RAM and 100Mbit Ethernet, you should download gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb
      • example: for boxes with Gigabit Ethernet download gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb
      • for boxes with Realtek WiFi (e.g. K1 Plus or K2 Pro) download device tree with RealtekWiFi in name
    • S905X: Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.

Can i also ask, the install notes for .007 say not to delete dtb if you are using s905x, but then some posts mention using a device tree, so do i take the gxl_p212_2g.dtb, rename it and overwrite on the sd card (like i did with s905) - or do i leave the dtb on the sd card then copy gxl_p212_2g.dtb over later on? I want to install to internal on a95x (2gb model).

Thanks.

Yes and No. I tried and it failed, so I then tried 3-4 others and they also failed.

I have aslo installed TWRP, wiped the machine and tried from that recovery and those also failed.

It is a very frustrating process and slow, I have been 'modding' in one way or another for about nn (too scared to put the number ha ha) years, and know it will work, just have to keep at it and make the logical steps and then repeat to make sure.

I'm having the same problem with getting .006 to work on NAND (I have a T95 2G/8G) - can't get into recovery at all, not with toothpick, not via 'reboot recovery' in SSH - nothing works.

When i get chance I am simply going to use the Amlogic Tool to put Android back on, then I will install .006 - in the future I think it was said we can just update by putting the file in the 'update' directory, but need to get on .006 first.

Not sure if anybody can offer any advice - I have v .005 running on NAND on my T95N (2gb Model) - but i can't get it into recovery to upgrade, toothpick in AV doesnt work (just boots to libreelec) - also reboot recovery in SSH doesnt work, system reboots but screen stays blue and I have to pull the power - strange thing is the screen doesnt say 'no signal' - is it possible it is going into recovery but the tv cant display correctly? its a full HD set so wouldnt have though it would be a resolution problem.

Thanks.

perfect upgraded my Beelink Mini MXIII NAND without issue. As expected recovery no longer works, will we need to update future NAND builds the same way or just a one time thing?

Can you help me - I am trying to install v .006 (from .005) NAND installation on my Beelink - but I cant get into recovery if i boot with the SD card inserted, I can only get in if i remove the SD Card first, but then i dont know what option to pick once in recovery (tempted to choose install from ext / sd card, but not sure if that will be right).

Thanks.

Can I just check, I have v .05 on my Beelink Mini MXiii and T95N 2G - NAND, it works great - do I have to update both boxes to the newest android first, then follow the instructions? I have no idea what Android version shipped on each, i flashed LibreElec on day 1. I have both firmwares downloaded for each box, if its just a case of copying the android files over then thats great, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks.

kszaq - Thanks for your hard work, I have Libreelec 7 running on a MXV but I still have to have the USB cable going from port 1 to 4 or else the box powers down. I think its because I originally flashed an MXQ image (I get an MXQ logo when booting up) which contained bootloader and recovery. Do you know how I would go about fixing this? should I re-flash an Android image with the burning tool, then flash libreelec?

Thanks.