[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Not to duplicate posts, please read my posts from here and here.

The same behaviour, ie the files don't play with hardware decoding on your version also.

Any additional info I can provide to resolve this "problem"

Honestly no idea.

I've got a 4K HDR 10bit Interstellar REMUX I've been testing and it has no problems with playback.

It's very likely the video encoding settings used. Which I know very little about.

• The PR was only submitted to fix Subtitles on S912's anyway so it's no big deal if it gets rejected anyway. Makes for a bit of Dev discussion about various things which is always good. ;)

It really is not needed for other Chipsets.

When i get time I will amend the PR so it's specifically S912 only.

If you are planning on doing S905 builds at some point would it not be better to keep it as is? I'm very interested to see the feedback it get's from other users in your builds. Curious if you have tried r8p1 yet? I have attached the user-space binary to this post.

• Is this build supporting the latest CVH Media Driver Modules plugin. Need it for my VIM2.

UPDATE:

I am pleasantly surprised that both my IP >SAT box and my VIM2 dTV board were detected without adding in special modules - meaning support for the VIM2 board has been rolled into the Kernel. Now to see if everything works.

UPDATE:
    Unless I am missing something, the driver for the VIM2 dTV board baked into the Kernel is still the old broken one which has not had the benefits of afl1's work to make it functional. No biggy.

Shoog

Edited 2 times, last by Shoog (May 1, 2018 at 6:35 PM).

• With this build

echo 100000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

does not work anymore (with 8.2.4_subtitle fix it did). cpu is not scaling down and always is on max 1512MHz which is bad for cpu temps, as my minix is running 7x24.

only

echo 100000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq would work. but then it's limited all the time and browsing is awful slow.

could you please look into that issue @wrxtasy ?

thank you

Edited 2 times, last by AmigoHD (May 2, 2018 at 4:38 PM).

• back to 8.2.4-Subtitles-ff and cpu scale down does work again. so it's confirmed it's a problem with the new build.

does 8.2.4.1 use a new kernel?

• Just loaded 8.2.4.1 on my Beelink GT1 2G/16G as an update tar to 8.2.2.3 as was experiencing brief lockups on liveTV. So far so good, no more lockups

:) TY

Update: this version works like a champ. No issues whatsoever. Massive difference from the android7 it came with. Thank you.

Edited 2 times, last by chigo58 (May 7, 2018 at 8:50 PM).

• When I play 23.976 fps movies, I get perfect and smooth videos but with 59.94 fps material I get jumpings and jerky playback from time to time. Anyone else? Do you play 59.94 fps smoothly?

• It's not a problem and is functioning exactly how Kodi was Patched to operate to avoid user confusion:

Use scaling_max_freq to avoid confusion, particularly on ARM platforms · wrxtasy/xbmc@9d507c1 · GitHub

thank you. but this patch was commited on Sep 6, 2016 already. why does the scale down work in 8.2.4-Subtitles-ff and in releases before then?

it's a bad decision in my opinion. the cpu runs in power mode all the time, which means more heat and more power usage - not really energy efficient now :(

• it's a bad decision in my opinion. the cpu runs in power mode all the time, which means more heat and more power usage - not really energy efficient now

Hint - the patch in question, patches CPUInfo in Kodi - it Does Not patch the Kernel, only what Kodi reads from the Linux Kernel which is the Maximum CPU MHz the SoC is capable of.

You can still get the current CPU Freq with:

Code
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Believe me when I tell you there is NO bug.

• Hint - the patch in question, patches CPUInfo in Kodi - it Does Not patch the Kernel, only what Kodi reads from the Linux Kernel which is the Maximum CPU MHz the SoC is capable of.

You can still get the current CPU Freq with:

Code
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Believe me when I tell you there is NO bug.

I see. Thank you @wrxtasy. It's just a cosmetical thing in the gui.

I was just scared as load is nearly zero and still the cpu temps are around 3-4 degrees higher in idle than with the build before. but not a big thing. it seems to work, that's what matters. you were - of course - right. thank you.