[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Use "Terminal Emulator" in android.

Terminal Emulator: boot to Android, insert SD card/USB drive with LE, install Terminal Emulator app (either from Google Play or APKMirror), run it and type reboot update. Your box should reboot to LE.

Link: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

• I installed 8.2.5 on my TX3 Mini and seems to be running fine. Wifi Working, Wireless mouse working.

Boot from internal command is working too.

I just want to know how to boot from Android back into Libreelec? Is there an easy way to do it, without getting up and unpluging the box?

Then the dual boot would be complete!

If your box is rooted, install from Google Play "Reboot to LibreELEC" and run it. That' all ;)

• Hi guys!
    Ordered my Minix U9-H yesterday, expected delivery on Friday. Really looking forward!

I have not flashed Android devices since I had my HTC Hero, which obviously was ages ago. I prepared the USB (not SD) installer to be able to install LE (wrxtasy's 8.2.4.1 for S912). Also added the device tree file, replacing the existing one. I also noticed that, despite I burned the S912 file to the USB installer, I had a file called "s905_autoscript" on the installer. Will this be an issue?

Otherwise, I think I am good to go. I plan to install LE on a speedy SD card and run it from that. In the future I think I want to install this in the internal memory, I have no use of another Android TV box.

Any headsup or pointers are more than welcome at this stage

• No ideas regarding the file "s905_autoscript" in my S912 installation files? Then I will probably go ahead this evening. I trust that this release have been tested by a lot of S912 owners and no reports suggests that it is something malicious. Let's go! :)

• Have a problem with a good friend of mine's brand new Tanix TX9 Pro 3/32GB box. It boots fine into its default Android 7 but when I try to boot it from a bootable LibreELEC 8,2,2,3 or a 8.2.5.1 build it fails to boot up. I have tried using both the pin in the reset hole method, which works with all other TX9 boxes I have set up with LE, and tried the Android Terminal Emulator APK with the "reboot update" command. I know both SD cards I have tried plus a brand new virgin one with 8,.2.2.3 on work fine in my own TX9 box but when used with my friends new TX9 box all I see is first the usual S912 Octacore Amlogic logo and then the screen blanks out to a black display but then instead of popping up the LibreELEC logo it does not boot into LE but just stays for ever as a black screen until I power off.

Never had this before. I also tried reflashing the Android 7 Tanix TX9 firmware using their USB burning tool and the official Tanix TX9 image file, and indeed that worked perfectly for the Android bootup. That flash bunring process also even erases the bootloader which the image file then rewrites I understand. So used the USB burning tools default options settings which auto enables two options "Erase flash - Normal erase." and "Erase bootloader". Box was fine after reflashing Android and still booted into the newly reflashed virgin Android firmware BUT it still would not boot into LE when any of the bootable SD cards were inserted, so nothing changed in that respect. I even tried a few different DTBs with no luck, just in case the box had some different chip set, though it does not seem to be a clone as the serial number is in the same range as my own TX9 box and the case is identical even with identical small moulding imperfections visible on close inspection.

So is this a faulty box or is there something else I can do to correct a possible bootloader problem maybe ?? I have yet to try using an LE bootable prepped USB stick instead of an SD card, but hold little hope that will work either, though I will try that later when I can get hold of a free suitable USB stick. Maybe I need to enable some of the other more intense USB burning tool options which may fix any possible bootloader corruption ???? Or is this simply a faulty box that should be sent back for replacement ??? J ust any ideas would be very welcome here.

Many thanks in advance for any help. This box was wanted for use over Christmas so sending it back for replacement will end up being too late for that, so would be good if I can fix this if it is not a hardware fault and somehtign silly I have missed.

Merry Christmas to all my friends here and indeed everyone else who is part of this forum.

• Hi. I have tried to install version 8.2.4.1 and 8.2.5 but it does not boot libreelec. I installed as I always do. I have used the Device tree that I always use and also the modified ones to do OC, but with none it works. Is it installed in any way different than the previous ones?

• Wit last LE 8.2.5 on my MECOOL KI PRo is good dvb driver. On Coreelec i had working dvb driver on 8.95.5 release, but from 8.95.6 release is not working. I tried change also driver from original libreelec driver to last kernel driver. But bug is last update of coreelec in frame of dvb driver of KI PRO. Libreelec with kodi 17.6 is great !

I have CoreElec 8.95.6 and the dvb-s works, without any problem in the ki pro.

• Hi guys! I am trying to get Libreelec on my new Minix U9-H, but apparently I cannot boot from my SD card (Samsung Evo 32gb class10).

I do follow the steps as described in guide but every time I get stuck at the Minix startup screen. At one occasion, I think when my thumb slipped off the power button, I got inte to the bootloader menu. It didn't feel right though so I backed out. Something is obviously wrong with my SD card and/or installation.

I got these files on my SD card (yes, dtb is replaced with the correct one), also tried USB-stick with same result:

https://ibb.co/pyh7cff

I do not know how to proceed. Any ideas?

• I really appreciate wrxtasy hard work but in my opinion it's time to move. CoreELEC is almost ready and works just better and faster. The CPU temperatures are lower, GUI seems snappier and maybe it's just subjective but I think the picture quality is also better.

Downside is the whole remote control issue but you need to try it for yourself.

• First, HUGE thanks to all of the effort here. Kodi Wrxtacy + Minix U9-H makes my home theater pretty amazing.

I have the Minx connected to a Marantz preamp and then a JVC projector capable of 4K60P. The issue I'm having is that some of the time when playing a 4K file Kodi does not detect 4K and scales the video down to 1080P24 UHD. Universally a reboot solves the issue. I have attached logs via pastebin. I do suspect that there is more of some sort of EDID issue or something like that. When I reboot to solve the issue the projector is online and ready to communicate. When intially booting, the projector does not like to communicate until its finished what its doing. It was pretty stable for a year but has recently been doing this when I intially turn everything on. I'm running 8.2.4.2. I didn't want to upgrade to the 4:2:2 version or the 1000 nit version as I have my projector dialed in and haven't seen any other issues.

Working - Output is 4K24P UHD w/ Atmos -

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Broken - Output is 1080 24P UHD w/ Atmos -

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anything I could try? I would be fine forcing an EDID, just wasnt sure if that was supported on this platform.

Thanks!

• Wow, you are right! WTF happened here, the device tree file is 44kb. I will investigate that!!

Thanks a million Sholander

Exile82, I had to do the same thing when I did the install on my Minix Neo U9-H. It's been running flawlessly since I did the install back in July 2018 (I actually came here to find out if there is any updates to the image).

Anyone know if there are any updates to this image tree?

• Hi guys,

Any idea on how to revert from this to the original android image on a wetek hub ?

The box can boot from internal LE, but doesn't seem to want to update to anything from recovery. If I boot it up by holding the reset button for more than 10s, it just doesn't show anything - not even the boot logo or recovery menu.

thanks a lot in advance.

edit: resolved. deleting 'recovery.img' from the sd-card made it work.

• I really appreciate wrxtasy hard work but in my opinion it's time to move. CoreELEC is almost ready and works just better and faster. The CPU temperatures are lower, GUI seems snappier and maybe it's just subjective but I think the picture quality is also better.

Downside is the whole remote control issue but you need to try it for yourself.

Feel free. I love the latest LE 8 with KODI 17.6 thanks and do not want the almost pointless hassle of switching over to Leia certainly for some time yet to come. Let all the bugs get sorted and then I will reevaluate just whether or not it is worht all the effort of switching over from a perfectly good system with many thanks to wrxtasy for his continued great work. I briefly tried an earlier version of KODI 18 with CoreELEC and quite frankly I was not impressed. All it gave me that was relevant was NetFlix but that is infinitely better for us all to watch on our Smart TV's and indeed NetFlix is available with Dolby Digital surrouind sound and most ocntent available in full UHD with Dolby Vision HDR too if you have a suitable say LG TV that suports it. Of course some still have quite old now TVs with out NEtFlix support on their Smart TV setup.

Got to say though that TV sets that are suitable for NetFlix are so cheap today if you get last years model on promotions, that it simply is not worth soldiering on with an old way infererior picture quality out of date TV set. I know how big an imporvement it maskes as I got a new on promoation offer Super UHD with HDR LG set back in March to replace my then 6.5 year old out of date FHD TV which was still workign perfectly. The improviemtn in picture quality was amazingly huge, I was stunned and very very happy. I just love this LG 55" Smart TV which you can get even cheaper now than when I got mine. As a struggling UK pensioner I too could not afford it really but simply going without a few things for a while like eats and beer and clothes etc it was soon paid for LOL

So for me no point I stay with LE 8.2 incarnations and KODI 17.6 thanks on my Tanix TX9 Pro and TX7 boxes.

P.S. for the moderators. Why the hell is F O O D a censored word. Absoiutely stupid !!!! I have to change it to eats.