Posts by mindedc

First, HUGE thanks to all of the effort here. Kodi Wrxtacy + Minix U9-H makes my home theater pretty amazing.

I have the Minx connected to a Marantz preamp and then a JVC projector capable of 4K60P. The issue I'm having is that some of the time when playing a 4K file Kodi does not detect 4K and scales the video down to 1080P24 UHD. Universally a reboot solves the issue. I have attached logs via pastebin. I do suspect that there is more of some sort of EDID issue or something like that. When I reboot to solve the issue the projector is online and ready to communicate. When intially booting, the projector does not like to communicate until its finished what its doing. It was pretty stable for a year but has recently been doing this when I intially turn everything on. I'm running 8.2.4.2. I didn't want to upgrade to the 4:2:2 version or the 1000 nit version as I have my projector dialed in and haven't seen any other issues.

Working - Output is 4K24P UHD w/ Atmos -

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Broken - Output is 1080 24P UHD w/ Atmos -

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anything I could try? I would be fine forcing an EDID, just wasnt sure if that was supported on this platform.

Thanks!

I've been having the same problem.

I have now identified the missing AMLogic Kernel patch that fixes this problem and it's included in the following LE test version:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-fix-lost-audio.tar

W.

I was having audio problems with 8.2.4.1, noticed that there was a 8.2.4.2 build, then noticed there was this patch build for audio problems. I upgraded to this build and am still having the same problems. Specifically, while clicking around in the gui I get dropouts in the audio, sometimes I get clicks, sometimes I get a softer noise out of the speakers, sometimes I get nothing. That I can live with but the real issue is that I cannot bitstream any dolby trueHD (mostly Atmos encoded in trueHD). I am sending via HDMI to a Marantz receiver, Marantz is connected to a projector. The Marantz is showing TrueHD but it's not playing any audio. In 8.2.4.1 it was only showing audio stream on the center channel, in 8.2.4.2 it's showing the normal 7.1.4 channels of audio. Switching to pretty much any other format including DTS-MA, dolby digital, AC3 will bitstream properly. I have also tried non-Atmos TrueHD streams and those don't work either.