[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• I don't have a HDR capable TV (but will soon and then can check for you), but I know various people reported that HDR works in this thread.

I also know that the HDMI cable is important and the cause of many problems. Are you able to try another cable? They don't need to be expensive.

Your TV should show the same notifications as with the test clips when it detects HDR.

• My experience is that IR is not so smoothly on 8.2.5 than was on 8.2.3. For remote control is good aplication as Kore or also Cetusplay through wifi home network.

• My experience is that IR is not so smoothly on 8.2.5 than was on 8.2.3. For remote control is good aplication as Kore or also Cetusplay through wifi home network.

Thanks for the suggestion but my problem is I have my box in a media cabinet so the IR wont reach it and an app will not have the ability to power it on & off.

I don't think the onboard Bluetooth is working, I know you can buy separate a Bluetooth USB adapter but I'm not sure that would work for powering on the box via a remote control?

• Thanks for the suggestion but my problem is I have my box in a media cabinet so the IR wont reach it and an app will not have the ability to power it on & off.

I had the same "problem" which was solved by spending £15 on Amazon to get an IR extender box that sends any IR signals that point vaguely near a small receiver discreetly positioned on the outside of a media cabinet to the 5-6 devices that are hidden out of sight inside it. This works without fault and supports any IR devices and requires zero networking or configuration. Sometimes low-tech solutions are best.

• I recently bought a Minix U9-H since it was recommended a lot around here and just wanted to drop in and say thanks. wrxtasy images have been working perfectly for everything that can be hardware decoded.

One question: Multiple people have said that the processor can be overclocked to allow proper Hi10P software decoding, any guide on how to do that? I tried playing with the scaling governor but even with the processor running at the maximum of 1.5 GHz I could not get smooth playback for 1080p Hi10P content.

Obviously not the biggest of issues but if it's possible it would be nice to have.

• Those are binary images, not sources.

My bad, you are correct, I guess I only skimmed the question. I too would love the source and an outline of the build procedure ... I for one would be willing to give up a little stability for 3DLUT functionality and would be more than happy to patch it in and build it myself.

• My bad, you are correct, I guess I only skimmed the question. I too would love the source and an outline of the build procedure ... I for one would be willing to give up a little stability for 3DLUT functionality and would be more than happy to patch it in and build it myself.

Well, I managed to compile vdr-2.4.0 (using the 8.4.2.1 repository by wrxtasy, transplanting the packages from libreelec master and some heavy massaging) but still the dvbapi plugin isn't working (note: i'm using it with a legit smart card).

• I had the same "problem" which was solved by spending £15 on Amazon to get an IR extender box that sends any IR signals that point vaguely near a small receiver discreetly positioned on the outside of a media cabinet to the 5-6 devices that are hidden out of sight inside it. This works without fault and supports any IR devices and requires zero networking or configuration. Sometimes low-tech solutions are best.

Thanks for the suggestion, That's something I had not thought of.

Ideally I would still prefer to get Bluetooth working but I could always fall back to this method if I cant.

Do you happen to know if there is a problem with the internal Bluetooth with this build?

• I'm curious - is anyone able to play h264 4k stuff with this build? For me it always starts stuttering and crashes the box after a few seconds. However, h265 4k stuff plays fine. Will provide logs..

kszaq's build plays fine with both, in my experience.

(S905 box here)

• I'm curious - is anyone able to play h264 4k stuff with this build? For me it always starts stuttering and crashes the box after a few seconds. However, h265 4k stuff plays fine. Will provide logs..

kszaq's build plays fine with both, in my experience.

(S905 box here)

I had all kinds of problems with 8.2.5. Buffering issues, freezing, tons of framedrops when playing with external subs with some files, YouTube had huge buffering issues. I did clean install and that helped like for 3 days and problem returned. Thought that box was overheating and turned off GPU OC but I wasn't that. Went back to 8.2.4.2 Test2 which is still the most stable.

• Hi,

I updated my M8S+ (S905x) device with the 8.2.5 release.

I have a problem with some mkv files. For instance, here you can find a 30sec sample.

I tried with older version of LibreElec (an old adamg 1.0.6 release) and also the latest CoreElec. All have the same problem: video stuttering and audio out of sync.

The file is reproduced perfectly with Kodi (X86), VLC and other desktop player.

Any help?

Thank you.