Posts by Hyacin

Curious to know if the the 8.2.5.1-444-1000nits update made any difference for you in regards to the brightness of your 4k HDR rips?

I'm afraid I can't speak to your lack of video, that is an odd one.

As for the brightness, I expected to see a huge difference, but it actually didn't look very different at all to me. Now, with the upgrade procedure being more than simply flipping a switch, I didn't go back and forth to really check it out or anything - but I do believe I specifically watched one clip before the upgrade, and then the same one again after, and could not see a huge difference.

I had no complaints before though, so I have none that I can't see a difference.

Question: Does this latest 8.2.5.1 4:4:4 build *force* 4:4:4? Or will it read the supported modes via the EDID and choose appropriately or something? My set doesn't *really* support 4:4:4, and while I know it will be converted somewhere, I'd rather skip that and just output 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 that I know it can handle natively without any additional processing. I know I can `echo '422,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr` to force it, but I'm not sure it's necessary?

Can anyone that is using this version comment on whether 4k video pass through works for you? I flashed the update and now my 4k files only pass through audio which is weird. 4k pass through worked before this update, after updating 1080p files still play as expected, just seems to be a 4k video issue.

Update: I re-flashed the older LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img and 4k pass through works again so it does seem to be an issue I am having with the 444-1000nits update unfortunately.

4K/HDR works fine for me with that image. U9-H. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "passthrough", but 8.2.5.1 444-1000nits is working as perfectly for me as 8.2.5 422 10-bit was working before it.

Edit: Typo

Can someone confirm it works for them? I'm running the latest: LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.

I have a different box (U9-H), but can confirm Atmos and DTS:X are working fine for me to my X6300H with that same build. Did you change the settings to allow passthrough and specify what codecs can be passed through and all that? I guess so actually if you're getting TrueHD, so next I suppose I'd check the source file to make sure it has Atmos? And then maybe check to make sure you're on the right audio track?

Hi all,

I've spent about 48 hours reading and reading and reading and reading. A lot of the stuff I have found goes back 2-3 years, so I'm not even sure how accurate it is to today.

I've ordered a u9-h and plan to install 8.2.5 on it ... it met all my HDR/Atmos requirement, and that heatsink is incredible.

Today though I came across Le Potato which I could have got for half the price, and seems to have official support.

I can hand-me-down the u9-h to one of the bedrooms if I find something better for the living room, so I was curious of people's thoughts on a u9-h vs a Le Potato, specifically for HDR/Atmos (but also with consideration I suppose to frame-packed 3D via ISO).

I got the u9-h with hope for DV in the future - but the only DV TV in the house atm is in the master bedroom, so all the more reason to shuffle it upstairs - though I'm not sure how well ISO streaming over wireless would go compared to HDR/Atmos repacks which are working great over wireless AC.

Because I have an issue. I install Hyperion on my Minix u9-h neo S912 Box and the ambilight of "Hyperion addon" works with the KODI interface and "pictures" but not with 98% of my video's for some reason.

I don't even have my u9-h yet, so take what I'm saying here with a grain of salt, but, when I search for "Hyperion addon" and hit the first page that comes up (Kodi Addon | Hyperion - Forum), the big red "ATTENTION" area right in the middle of the image there, point number two says "Don't use this Addon with enabled hardware acceleration on Android boxes/systems! It won't work!", and I'd assume 98% of your videos are being hardware accelerated.