u9-h vs Le Potato for 10-bit 4K HDR w/ Atmos

• Hi all,

I've spent about 48 hours reading and reading and reading and reading. A lot of the stuff I have found goes back 2-3 years, so I'm not even sure how accurate it is to today.

I've ordered a u9-h and plan to install 8.2.5 on it ... it met all my HDR/Atmos requirement, and that heatsink is incredible.

Today though I came across Le Potato which I could have got for half the price, and seems to have official support.

I can hand-me-down the u9-h to one of the bedrooms if I find something better for the living room, so I was curious of people's thoughts on a u9-h vs a Le Potato, specifically for HDR/Atmos (but also with consideration I suppose to frame-packed 3D via ISO).

I got the u9-h with hope for DV in the future - but the only DV TV in the house atm is in the master bedroom, so all the more reason to shuffle it upstairs - though I'm not sure how well ISO streaming over wireless would go compared to HDR/Atmos repacks which are working great over wireless AC.

• Please be aware that development on 8.2.5 has ceased with all hands being moved to LE9.

Le Potato is still in alpha along with all the other AML devices - and there are many.

You best bet is to stick with what works and review it in 3/6 months as your requirements change and the hardware improves.

• I've ordered a u9-h and plan to install 8.2.5 on it ... it met all my HDR/Atmos requirement, and that heatsink is incredible.

Today though I came across Le Potato which I could have got for half the price, and seems to have official support.

I can hand-me-down the u9-h to one of the bedrooms if I find something better for the living room, so I was curious of people's thoughts on a u9-h vs a Le Potato, specifically for HDR/Atmos (but also with consideration I suppose to frame-packed 3D via ISO).

I got the u9-h with hope for DV in the future - but the only DV TV in the house atm is in the master bedroom, so all the more reason to shuffle it upstairs - though I'm not sure how well ISO streaming over wireless would go compared to HDR/Atmos repacks which are working great over wireless AC.

You will not find better hardware than the U9 for LE Kodi Krypton or Leia.

There is no 1080p 3D .iso or .mkv support on any AMLogic hardware! And no we are not even going to attempt to add it.

There is also no dual layer Bluray DolbyVision support on any external media player platform anywhere. That needs proprietary Dolby decoding.

I've heard specific Oppo UHD Bluray players may have some BD DV Rip support.

There is No open sourced decoder for playback of dual layer Bluray DV Rips.

Those two features are never likely to happen.

Be happy with what you currently have, you will not find better.

The Apple TV 4K does very specific profile DV streaming from Netflix, VUDU and iTunes. It cannot playback dual layer Bluray rips either.