feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• Kwiboo

I may have found an audio bug.

I have a rock64 with the latest test build, and a clean install.

If I set the audio to 2.1 in the settings and play any movie file with a 5.1 or 7.1 audio channel I get no sound and only about 5-10 seconds of video motion. The timer keeps counting, but there is no movement in the video. A video with 2.0 audio channels plays back fine.

If I set the audio back to 2.0 I see the expected behavior for all video types.

I am outputting my audio via HDMI to my tv.

• I got a ROCK64 4gb version.

The system installed fine on my EMMC card (Black and Red card edition from ODROID).

I have NOT had so many problems, only the green lines. But not very often.

CEC works fine, no problems.

The picture quality is VERY good, better than my ODROID C2 on my LG TV.

I will test some more.

Excellent work Kwiboo. Much appreciated.

• Multi-channel audio support is incomplete. At the current time the only audio we expect to work is 2-channel stereo.

Ah. That would explain it.

Something to look forward to.

Is multi-channel audio high on your priority list, or do you have many other issues ahead of it?

Not asking for a date. Just curious where it stands.

Overall great work. It is more stable than the last Raybuntu test build I moved from.

• Hi, here my feedback

i have a rock64 4Gb version mounted on a LG TV 4k ( 49UH770v) and a AVR Yamaha rx-v475.

i have problems with the green lines if a configure the TV in 4k 60hz, when i changed the refresh rate to 30 hz, the green lines dissapear, but the UI loss the smoth....

another problem is witth the audio passthought, at the start of the film, the sound is noise indefined, when i change the audio channel to another, the problem disapear, i must back to my sound chanel and enjoy the film !

HDR works fine !!!!

Thx for the job !! and sorry for my english.......

• PVR Addons for RK3328 devices I build can be downloaded here, compatible with Kwiboo's 1 July build.

MEGA

Also made a new image for MVR9 for the ir remote, Blue LED and MCE remote support.

• I have just pushed an update .tar-file to Index of /test/ that should be able to upgrade all rk3328 targets.

Changes:

- Latest kodi and a change to keep using YCbCr 4:4:4 mode after the first video has stopped

- Latest rockchip + LSK-android + stable 4.4.139 kernel

- FFmpeg updated to 4.0.1-Kodi

- Switch to use a different VPU kernel driver, seems more stable at the cost of less performance for 4k 50/60fps

- HDMI audio will now use Auto CTS mode, may help with AC3/DTS

Notes:

- Anyone seeing green lines when using 4k@60hz, set GUI Limit (Expert settings) to 1080p or 1080p / 720p (>30hz) to fix

- Switching to 4K mode when starting a video may result in black screen, switching to 1080p seems much more stable, remove 4k modes from whitelist for stability

- Starting video may fail and Kodi only shows busy indicator, press back-button and then try to start the file again

Thanks for all the feedback from last test build, please test this update and report back improvements / regressions compared to the 20180701 build.

• thank you.

Is the mpeg deinterlace patch for live tv also included?

And hdmi passtrough hdmi audio is working with this testbuild.

In previous build this wasn’t working

• Audio Drops every 3 minutes still happening with my movie library files but this has always been the case with all images including Ray's old builds.

Fixed the Audio Drops from above post.

Now for the variables which i found after testing with Video Library files and TVHeadend Client SD and HD Channels.

When i first boot up my resolution boots to 1920 x 1080p no problem BUT when i choose a HD Channel there is a Refresh rate change from 50Hz to 50 Hz. Audio working , I stop that channel (No refresh Change) Then i choose another HD Channel (No refresh Change) No Audio Just Video.

This may or may not happen on first or second channel change but on Third change it will lose AUDIO. Sometimes it will happen on first change of HD to HD Channel. When this happens there is no Audio or GUI Sounds. Whilst playback with no audio occurs i use OSD to settings and change resolution to 60HZ and Audio comes ON. I change back to 50Hz and Audio continues. I stop Playback and GUI sounds is back.

http://ix.io/1fwt

http://ix.io/1fwu

Code
    LibreELEC (community): devel-20180703213752-ff9dcf5 (RK3328.arm)
    Librerock64:~ # paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

http://ix.io/1fWT
    Librerock64:~ # 
    Librerock64:~ # dmesg | paste
    http://ix.io/1fWU
    Librerock64:~ # 

SD Channels don't open with Audio or Video unless i press OK button 2 times and OSD comes up with Black Screen.

Player process info shows ff-mpe2video (HW)

Pixel format: drm_prime

Deinterlace method: None

Video Stream: 720 x 576 px, 0.00AR, 25.000FPS

http://ix.io/1fwz

• Is the mpeg deinterlace patch for live tv also included?

Both the mpeg2 rkvpu and mpeg2/mpeg4 rkmpp ffmpeg options is enabled, unclear what will be used and if the new VPU kernel driver fully supports post-processing, please test and get back with results

When this happens there is no Audio or GUI Sounds.

Please change your Audio device to use HDMI: SHP SHARP HDMI on HDMI and not the Default (HDMI Analog) device, this is something everybody should do and is the new default for new installs

I am also wondering if you are affected by VideoPlayer: fix switching to resample method by FernetMenta · Pull Request #14141 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub (not included in the test build)

If you have the debug overlay visible please disable debugging in settings and add debugging to /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf after console=tty0 (console=tty0 debugging), this will enable debug logging and not cause unnecessary GPU usage (showing debug osd) that could otherwise interfere with video playback

For optimal video playback performance all gui osd (player process info and debug osd etc) should be hidden

• If you have the debug overlay visible please disable debugging in settings and add debugging to /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf after console=tty0 (console=tty0 debugging), this will enable debug logging and not cause unnecessary GPU usage (showing debug osd) that could otherwise interfere with video playback

Hope this is right. This is my .conf after i changed it.

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /rk3328-rock64.dtb
      APPEND boot=UUID=0107-4032 disk=UUID=2238f1bf-9f6e-4b15-a62c-7be281d803d5 quiet console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff130000 console=tty0 debugging

Please change your Audio device to use HDMI: SHP SHARP HDMI on HDMI and not the Default (HDMI Analog) device, this is something everybody should do and is the new default for new installs

I must have changed it when i took previous logs. Same behaviour with HDMI: SHP SHARP HDMI on HDMI.

It booted twice with no GUI Sounds.

I played a HD channel 50hz and i got a refresh rate change even though i have resolution 1920 x 1080p 50hz.

I got audio and when i stopped playback no refresh rate change but no GUI Sound.

Played same HD Channel no refresh rate change no Audio.

Basically no refresh rate change means no audio 99% of the time.

I'm going a little stir crazy :cry:

I tested again and took logs.

Sorry for the zip link this time. Something wrong with connection to log server.

I smb and link 

• I have the roc-cc

With any 4k content including non hdr and hdr, when first start the video, it is fine then after a few minutes i get shutter. After this, when i try and play another video i get shutter.

Everything else works wonderful.

• Hi, tested the new relase (updated the one from 20180701) and interlacing with livetv is not possible.

- during playback of a channel (e.g. 1080I@50hz) the interlace option is not "visible". while playing player has ffmpedg (HW) set...

In comparison to last build , channel switching less often will leave "blank screen...but sometimes sound doesnt start, but picture.

Never the less I´m still impressed, that it ist runnning as it is, THANKS KwIBOO !

hope to see more releases !

regards arel

• Applied the 7/3 .tar

HEVC 4k HDR plays BUT video studders/freezes intermittently.

Setting audio to anything other than 2.0 will cause a complete system collapse AND send my Rock64 into a boot loop.

*Edit*

Played some other files today:

X264 720p works great

X265 1080p works great

Albeit only 2 channel audio working.

Edited once, last by m2002briguy (July 5, 2018 at 10:09 PM).