[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Another bug with 8.90.5:

I can only setup 3840x2160 with a maximum of 30Hz. FullHD works pretty well!

But I can't setup the video output for 4k with 50 or 60Hz!

And when I play a sattelite channel with UHD I get only audio with a black screen! :(

Paul

Edited once, last by Paul69 (March 9, 2018 at 12:59 PM).

• working with kszaqs 8.2.3.1.

Should I go to 8.90.5?

Is there any significant improvement?

8.90 is for testing and for not for everyday use.

Is this even relevant in a 8.90.5 thread?

The relevance "is" that depending on your needs and use there is no significant improvement in updating what's not broken.

Especially when updating to Alpha Builds that clearly show through postings that there are many issues in development stage.:sleeping:

• The relevance "is" that depending on your needs and use there is no significant improvement in updating what's not broken.

Especially when updating to Alpha Builds that clearly show through postings that there are many issues in development stage.:sleeping:

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Also, beware! Beans make you fart!

• hi iam a new libreelec user :)

i have installed lastes version (LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5.img) on my h96pro+ 3gb/32gb and using [PreRelease] Plugin Netflix (Inputstream)

ive only 2-3frames with 1080p....

do i something wrong? or is HD not running?

• hi iam a new libreelec user :)

i have installed lastes version (LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5.img) on my h96pro+ 3gb/32gb and using [PreRelease] Plugin Netflix (Inputstream)

ive only 2-3frames with 1080p....

do i something wrong? or is HD not running?

Netflix Addon uses inputstream, which relies on software decoding. So 720p is best you can do fluently for the time being.

• Gaudi,

thx for the info!

i ordered a Mecool M8S PRo L with Widevine L1, so can i use it with Kodi and Netflix without software dmr decode?

As previous user stated Kodi has no HW decode for Widevine DRM based content yet. Only Netflix on Android supports this.

• Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Not all members are up to speed with LibreElec development.

Not all posts are relevant to those who know.

Here are some more famous quotes you may wan't to read which may help expand your mind.:idea:

"Ah, well, when you explain it like that, it seems obvious,"

"Of course, it always seems obvious once it's been explained.”

“Seeing the obvious is often harder than seeing the hidden!”

“Sometimes the most difficult thing is to be able to see the most obvious thing!”

“There are always options available that are not obvious.”

• It works again here with 8.90.5.

What skin are you using? Still the same issue here

Estuary skin doesn't freeze the box but still the visualisations don't show

UPDATE:

I scanned my music folders into the library (never had to do that before) and now, at least none of the skins freeze the box when a track is played.

No visualisations show, I get the same result as selecting none as the visualisation in player settings.

LATER UPDATE:

Back to square one again :cursing:

The relevance "is" that . . .

Thanks for explaining. I still cannot see that what you wrote conveyed that message.

Even the relevant part, "8.90 is for testing and for not for everyday use" doesn't actually answer the question

Should I go to 8.90.5?

Is there any significant improvement?

Hence my comment. No offence intended. :thumbup:

Edited 5 times, last by Poida (March 10, 2018 at 4:38 AM).

• Thanks for explaining. I still cannot see that what you wrote conveyed that message.

You can, just like @kszaq's builds, but just take a breath for a minute, latest doesn't always = best

Sorry you and HeresJohnny "who suffers from flatulence" didn't get the point i was trying to make so I'll let that through to the keeper.

No offence taken from you.;)

The guy with the Beans allergy can take his comments to a different forum.

• Everybody got the point and although it is valid, it's misplaced in the middle of a testing thread for an alpha version. It's implied that anyone who installs these versions does so at their own risk and should bring a minimum of technical expertise to help further the project. Otherwise the thread would just deteriorate into a an endless loop of the same help questions and devs will get tired.

So yeah, of course what you write is correct but it's a repetition of the warning on the first page and is thus as helpful IMHO as those users asking the same questions over and over again without reading what's written before.

• Then yes it's most probably the dtb at fault, you can try and mount your external card/drive and browse to /usr/share/bootloader to pull out the latest version, I would upload it for you but I'm away from a machine right now.

GDPR-2: I am not sure I understood what you were saying above. I booted my MXQ Pro (S905 with 1/8 GB RAM/eMMC) into LE 8.2.3.1 and the partitions (/var/media/LIBREELEC_DISK and /var/media/LIBREELEC) that contain LE 8.90.5 (see below) on a USB memory stick does not contain any /usr partition. The only /usr/share/bootloader directory is from the running filesystem of LE 8.2.3.1 and it does contain all the DTB files (if that's what you meant). Anyway, I tried all these DTB files (built for LE 8.2.3.1) for S905 platform to no avail. My MXQ Pro does boot into LE 8.90.5 (at least it shows the LE logo) and then dumps out a debug message asking to type 'EXIT' to show the debug message. On the mounted /var/media/LIBREELEC, I see a data file named SYSTEM. Can this SYSTEM file be mounted and now? Can you please help?

• GDPR-2: I transfered the SYSTEM file to my Linux desktop computer and was able to mount the SYSTEM file as a loop (see below) using mount /tmp/SYSTEM /mnt -o loop. However, I don't see any gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb file. Anyway, I tried using the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb file and ended up with the same issue as before. Perhaps, you can add a support for the MXQ Pro S905 platforms in you next build?

• 1080i live tv from Tvheadend server (on PC ) always stutters on s905x for me.

Do you guys see the same ?

My server is the TX7 (see signature) and my MiniTX3 is not stuttering. Perfect playback. Fast opening streams.

All Ethernet connected.

Maybe server PC is an issue.

Tanix MiniTx3 SD Card LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.5.tar (2018-03-07 03:25)

No crashes whatsoever playing local files SMB mostly 1080p.

Chapter skips fast. Fast forward all working.

• I'm still running one box with Kszaq's Jarvis 7.0.3.12 and it still works great.

My TX7 on 8.2.3.1 is my daily everyday box which works Perfect as well.

8.90 is for testing and for not for everyday use. I run it on a TX3Mini that was given to me but i only test when i get time.

I agree totally with you kostaman. I solidly use Kzaqs 8.2.3.1 on my main KODi box I use in my lounge for my main entertainment and it works very well indeed and stable. If you have other suitabel and capable boxes then by all means play with teh test releases of KODI 18 Leia as then it does not matter if as it will several features do not work as yet. So secret is onoly play with test releases iof you have a secondary box or even run it on a separate SD card on your one box and repalce it with your main everyday KODI 17.6 SD card for your leisure use.

Personally although I have 4 boxes I can use I have not got the time right now to play much with these test builds so I happily stay with the last of teh KODI 17.6 LE buils 8.2.3.1 and other than NEtflix not available I do not feel I am missing out on anything and anyway Netflix works excellently on my new LG 55SJ850T Super UHD Smart TV I purchased just yesterday for a bargain promotion price. There is some great content on Netflix in UHD and even the superior Dolby Vision HDR giving a brilliant stunning picture that makes at least my jaw drop. These new SUHD Nano Technology (or very similar Samsung overpriced QLED) screens are IMHO only supassed (with a couple of small caveats) by OLED of course, which sadly is still way too expensive for my pensioner's and most folk's budget.

Edited once, last by RayW (March 11, 2018 at 8:44 AM).

• GDPR-2, as I see you are going to set disable deinterlacing by default.

From my tests for S912 it's not a good idea. Flickering is visible for non-moving objects like channel label and etc... For SD channels it's visible more. For HD channels too for sport content.

For me disable deinterlacing looks better on specific 1080i IPTV channels only, that has problem with colors.