[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Hi there,

Thanks for this, it's working 95% great!

I do have a couple of issues with PCM multichannel audio, though. I've attached a log of trying to play a video with 5.1 Opus audio encoded. I have a 7.1 system, and Kodi audio is set to 7.1 with "Best Match".

I would expect 6 channels of PCM @ 48khz to be output to the receiver, where the receiver can upmix (or not) to 7.1. However, the receiver is getting 8 channels of PCM at 32khz instead, according to my receiver.

Here are some interesting parts of the log:

Code
    02:41:52.909 T:3743523664  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86077, channels: 6, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)
    02:41:53.381 T:4081054544   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::SelectALSAChannelMap - Selected ALSA map "FL FR LFE FC RL RR NA NA"
    02:41:53.419 T:4081054544   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Input Channel Count: 6 Output Channel Count: 8
    02:41:53.419 T:4081054544   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Requested Layout: FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR
    02:41:53.419 T:4081054544   DEBUG: CAESinkALSA::GetChannelLayout - Got Layout: FL, FR, LFE, FC, BL, BR, UNKNOWN1, UNKNOWN1 (ALSA: FL FR LFE FC RL RR NA NA)
    02:41:53.419 T:4081054544   DEBUG:   Channel Count : 8
    02:41:53.419 T:4081054544   DEBUG:   Channel Layout: FL, FR, LFE, FC, BL, BR, UNKNOWN1, UNKNOWN1

It looks like it's making dummy "UNKNOWN" channels to add up to 8 for some reason?

I found a very similar (identical?) issue on the OSMC forums that recommended a change to AML-M8AUDIO.conf, but of course I can't edit that since it's part of the read-only filesystem.

This issue also happens identically on 8.2.2.3 - I tested both.

What additional information can I provide to help troubleshoot this? Thanks!

-KJack

• Thank you!!

Updated the dtb file with the one you have provided and box is now displaying icons on LCD: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, time, play and pause.

Just one question, is it possible to control the led light (change color, turn off) on this unit. It is the hexagon shaped box with a thin light line surrounding the border on the top part of the unit.

Thanks again for your fast and useful response!!

You're welcome, thanks for testing.

It's possible, in theory. But without having the driver for it, or at least knowing what controller they are using for the LED, I'm not sure how simple/difficult it would be. Also, not having the box in hand for testing doesn't help either.

• Hello,

I have a question, but I do not know where to post it. So I will post it here and if I got no answer I will post it on Kodi forum.

I have a S905 with version 8.2.3.1 on NAND, and I have tried 8.90.3 on a SD card. And I had a nice surprise : with IPTV simple client, I can pause the stream on the latest version. So my question is : who is doing the buffering : the IPTV client addon, the video player, the IPTV stream provider, and second question : if the buffering is done on Kodi/LE side, where is it done : on memory or on the SD card. I have try to find on the source code, where this buffering can be done, but I did not succeed.

And I want to say a big thanks to all the people that are part of LE/Kodi. I appreciate everyday your work.

• You're welcome, thanks for testing.

It's possible, in theory. But without having the driver for it, or at least knowing what controller they are using for the LED, I'm not sure how simple/difficult it would be. Also, not having the box in hand for testing doesn't help either.

Thank you again!

I can do with LED light as it is.

What I have found is that the air mouse I am using does not have the proper mapping for buttons. Most annoying is the inability to go back using the back button. I need to flip the remote to use del key.

Any hint?

Thanks

• Thank you again!

I can do with LED light as it is.

What I have found is that the air mouse I am using does not have the proper mapping for buttons. Most annoying is the inability to go back using the back button. I need to flip the remote to use del key.

Any hint?

Thanks

Get the "Keymap Editor" addon from the official repository. It has button detection and will let you assign a button to many functions through a GUI.

If the editor doesn't have an action you need (it doesn't have all of them), you can edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml to add any additional actions. The Kodi wiki goes in depth on keymaps here.

• Get the "Keymap Editor" addon from the official repository. It has button detection and will let you assign a button to many functions through a GUI.

If the editor doesn't have an action you need (it doesn't have all of them), you can edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml to add any additional actions. The Kodi wiki goes in depth on keymaps here.

Thanks, I am familiar with the addon.

As I have a different box that is working, I thought it was something related to internal key mappings.

Regards

• Anyone have any ideas on the 'PCM sending dummy channels' issue? If not, can anyone direct me to some instructions on how to modify the read-only system partition so I can try the fix I mentioned?

Thanks!

-KJack

• You can use kszaq 8.2 dtb for now, I removed dtb for now because there is a big change for the next version and I don't want anyone using them prematurely and reporting issues

• I finally tried this build but I can't get it to boot.

I see the libreelec logo and after then an top left I get this message:

libreelec error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE

I tried different sd cards, tried to flash it with LE Tool, Rufus and Etcher. Always this message. I also made sure to use right device tree.

Can anyone help here?

• I finally tried this build but I can't get it to boot.

I see the libreelec logo and after then an top left I get this message:

libreelec error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE

I tried different sd cards, tried to flash it with LE Tool, Rufus and Etcher. Always this message. I also made sure to use right device tree.

Can anyone help here?

got the same error, and it was fixed by using different sd card and usb.