[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Howdy,

Long time lurker, and I want to start off by thanking everyone for the hard work on this. Ok, now to my issue. No matter what I do, I cannot get my Odroid-C2 to boot. I used:

Code
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2.img.gz

and device tree:

Code
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

from Index of /s905/9.0/device_trees . I also tried 8.2 device tress as well..... no luck. I renamed it to dtb.img, and placed it at the root of the SD Card..... and yet it will not boot. I must be doing something really wrong, it should not be this hard. I tried the device tree from libreelec as well, and that failed. Help?

Edited once, last by Human_USB (January 21, 2018 at 12:39 AM).

• 2 quick questions, because I couldn't find it in the FAQ:

1. Are updates via Update Channel possible, like with Milhouse releases? Could this be hardcoded so no Custom Channel need to be entered?

2. Could you add the necessary special commands to the FAQ where applicable, like activating HDR, 10bit support etc. in case those are not activated by default?

Thanks in advance!

• LE7 is really old now, can you not update?

The dts is built with the kernel, if you 'cd' to the kernel directory you should be able to compile with 'make xxx.dtb'

You can build the service with 'scripts/create_addon fd628'

fd628-aml in packages/linux-drivers/amlogic/fd628-aml is the kernel driver package needed

fd628 in packages/addons/service/fd628 is the addon service needed

• Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow after work.

I still have LE7 on this particular box because it's primarily used for watching IPTV, and it seems that it works a lot better than LE8.2. Channel switching is a lot quicker. My mother uses it most of the time, so stability is extremely important and also, having it "behave" a certain way is important too. For IPTV and a bit of YouTube LE7 works extremely well. The box I have connected to my TV is a T95N, so no display on it, it's also hidden from sight, and I have the latest 8.2 release on it.

• Howdy,

Long time lurker, and I want to start off by thanking everyone for the hard work on this. Ok, now to my issue. No matter what I do, I cannot get my Odroid-C2 to boot. I used:

Code
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2.img.gz

and device tree:

Code
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

from Index of /s905/9.0/device_trees . I also tried 8.2 device tress as well..... no luck. I renamed it to dtb.img, and placed it at the root of the SD Card..... and yet it will not boot. I must be doing something really wrong, it should not be this hard. I tried the device tree from libreelec as well, and that failed. Help?

Not sure why you choose to use adamg's build while the Raybuntu's build is more suitable for the Odroid-C2, No dtb is needed, just download the img.gz and write to the SD card with Win32image or Rufus. That's it. I've been using Raybuntu's build for TVHeadEnd server for a long while.

• Not sure why you choose to use adamg's build while the Raybuntu's build is more suitable for the Odroid-C2, No dtb is needed, just download the img.gz and write to the SD card with Win32image or Rufus. That's it. I've been using Raybuntu's build for TVHeadEnd server for a long while.

I'm not sure either, none of my builds will work on the C2, u-boot is not part of the S905 image, it's mainly for Chinese boxes but will work with Wetek with the correct DTB.

• Hi All,

Having an issue getting this version to boot from USB. I downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2.img.gz and used the LE installer program to write it to USB the way I normally do. I did notice there was no default dtb.img file on the usb. I would normally over write this file anyway with gxl_p212_2g.dtb

I tried the following device trees:

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

and none seem to get the usb to boot.

Ive done this many times before without an issue but for some reason I cant get this one to boot.

Any ideas anyone??

• Display works, thank you. Locations are wrong, I will try to change them in dtb and will inform you about right locations later

Also in this build there are a lot of drop frames every second for IPTV simple

Code
    [  306.835179@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13041:13040
    [  306.917115@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13045:13044
    [  306.935271@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13048:13047

Edited once, last by boot2k3 (January 21, 2018 at 8:06 AM).

• Display works, thank you. Locations are wrong, I will try to change them in dtb and will inform you about right locations later

Also in this build there are a lot of drop frames every second for IPTV simple

Code
    [  306.835179@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13041:13040
    [  306.917115@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13045:13044
    [  306.935271@6] vidioc_qbuf skip: index:13048:13047

If you boot Android you should be able to get the original locations, The Coolest detailed how in a previous post, please post them when you have them so we can try to finalize this before the next build and make sure it's supported in future builds for you.

• I think the mistake is in the PKC addon. Look at the library versions:

Code
    ls ~/.kodi/userdata/Database

then look at the sources of the PKC, lines 73 and 84.

Change 108 (MyVideos) to 109 and 62 (MyAudio) to 69, and restart Kodi.

• Hello afl1

I was about to test it. Since I have several Libreelec running in my house, I don't want to update one my running libreelec installation on one of the box, since it will trigger the migration of my sql database.

So, since I run libreelec on SD, I just made a new SD with 8.90.2 image and tried to reboot in order to test your build (after upgrading of course).

But the box, with a fresh SD 8.90.2 is not booting at all.....

Now, is it possible to just swap a SD if you are already in boot from SD mode?

Or I need to follow another procedure?

Bye

• Someone with S912 can confirm that Netflix works well at 720p?
    I have two boxes:
    1) Mecool BB2 (S912 + 2GB Ram);
    2) Beelink Mini Mx (S905 + 1GB Ram);

With my S905 I can see Netflix videos using the 720p profile without any framedrops, while watching the same video (and same 720p profile) with my S912 stutter a lot, probabily less then 7-8 fps.
    Is this a common problem (probably caused by libhybris) or I have something to check?

Thank you