[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Its very important that sources and/or changes to dtbs be posted so they can be included with the build so they automatically update on future updates and so other users can take advantage of them. Posting precompiled versions is not helpful.

automatic updates are already enabled and there is an FAQ with the commands already

Hello adamg,

I realized that the new 9.0 dtbs missing this parameter: remote_ao_offset

if you dont set it, remote driver will fail.

this problem appeared on gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb

• GDPR-2

I committed the changes to the driver, so it will now work with both types of displays.

I also PMed you the list of DTS files I have edited so far. I guess that I will fork the device tree repo and will simply commit future additions/changes.

• automatic updates are already enabled and there is an FAQ with the commands already

Well, colour me blind and call me stupid but I don't see an FAQ about that in the first post and autoupdate has never worked for me. Probably because I have steadily updated from johngalts first builds and everything else runs just fine on my T6 S905X.

• No issue on K3 Pro

• GDPR-2, as my display works correctly now I can test FD628 addon

USB, HDMI and CARD icons are showing now, but i have 4-6 skip frames and micro-freezes when service is enabled

If fd628 service is disabled than all work without problem, but no additional icons.

What can cause this problem? What logs can I collect to localize this issue?

• GDPR-2, as my display works correctly now I can test FD628 addon

USB, HDMI and CARD icons are showing now, but i have 4-6 skip frames and micro-freezes when service is enabled

If fd628 service is disabled than all work without problem, but no additional icons.

What can cause this problem? What logs can I collect to localize this issue?

There is no debugging with the addon, logs won't help much with this issue, can you check CPU usage with top with it enabled and disabled, thanks

• No issue on K3 Pro

Thank you for answer. KIII Pro works well for a limited time (average 30 minutes) and then artifacts appear in the image (BER is still 0). I thought it was because of the S912, but on the S905W system the artifacts appear immediately after switching to this channel (it looks like a double switching of graphics - blinking). Can you please try this channel longer if artifacts do not appear?

Thanks.

• There is no debugging with the addon, logs won't help much with this issue, can you check CPU usage with top with it enabled and disabled, thanks

It strange what micro-freezing appears exactly every second, no less than second and no more than second

it's approximately twice higher for kodi.bin process

disabled ~ 10-20%

enabled ~ 30-40%

Display Spoiler

disabled

enabled

• Ok it looks like and I'm only guessing here that there may be a loop of some sort because you don't have some of the icons the service is looking for and it's causing excessive CPU load which would be what is causing your freezing, I will try and look into this further.

Which device is it you have?

• Check using my S912 box playing 4k video

Code
    mpstat 1 10

fd628 enabled:

Average: CPU %usr %nice %sys %iowait %irq %soft %steal %guest %idle

Average: all 0.68 0.53 3.79 0.42 0.00 0.11 0.00 0.00 94.46

fd628 disabled:

Average: CPU %usr %nice %sys %iowait %irq %soft %steal %guest %idle

Average: all 0.66 0.51 3.62 0.39 0.00 0.08 0.00 0.00 94.75

• Sorry this is marginal issue and common for all kodi platform. It have to be fix by kodi team. For fixing ask on kodi forum.

No issue on K3 Pro

One thing here: also from your screenshot I see that the BER, signal quality and such parameters are not working in the tvheadend frontend plugin in the amlogic build (also 8.2.x.x are affected). But the plugin version is the same of the Android official Kodi 16.x, and there everything works fine, with the same backend. In my case the backend is on another server, so it is not a problem with the DVB drivers in amlogic kernel

• Hello dear people,

At the moment I'm running Libreelec 8.2.3.1 on my Beelink Mini MX S905.

I'm thinking about stepping over to 8.90.3. Are there any 'need-to-know-about' bugs except the ones mentioned in the opening post 'known issues and important notes' ?

I don't use the box for live tv. Only use it for watching some video-files and a few live-streams.

Thank you in advance for all the development!!