[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• So you thought buying a device with no source code is available was a better idea?

If afl1 had not made the dvb_tv-aml driver then the K series would not be supported right now.

All I wanted was just a TV box!

I didn't even know about openelec or libreelec before I bought KII Pro.

The only reason I'm using libreelec is the tvheadend server.

This discussion doesn't seem to going end but I'll stop here

Thanks for all your efforts.

• All I wanted was just a TV box!

To be fair a few years ago, the only thing that came close was a dreambox which would cost you a lot more so you got a deal either way :)

• Can you make a dts with the original values for the TX3 mini and use the GPIO settings here gxl_p212_2g_tx3mini.dts so I can test it on the TX3 mini, if you want your modified DTB to be included in all future builds send me a copy of it with the fd628_chars specified in it as well, thanks.

I will be doing 8.90.3 a little earlier than I expected so it would be nice to try and squeeze this in if it works well.

Edit: I've tested your changes along with an updated dtb for my device and they all work, so just send me your DTS, also make sure you install the fd628 service via addons if you want the extra icons lit up :)

GDPR-2, Could you please include aml_fd628 driver in next s912 builds too? it's not persist in 8.90.2 build
    And add a new dtb for test gxm_q200_3g_x92.dtb with fd628_chars from attachment fd628.txt

Thank you

• I can do yes, what's the name of the device this DTB is from and have you confirmed it works?

The name is X92.
    No, I can't confirm, because I don't have aml_fd628 driver in my s912 (8.90.2) build to check. That's why I ask you to include this driver in the next build or test build.

This settings were imported from anpaza driver code for X92 device, and looks like they must work with this driver.

Looks like they have just different gpio settings and extra icons

• The name is X92.
    No, I can't confirm, because I don't have aml_fd628 driver in my s912 (8.90.2) build to check. That's why I ask you to include this driver in the next build or test build.

This settings were imported from anpaza driver code for X92 device, and looks like they must work with this driver.

Looks like they have just different gpio settings and extra icons

Ok I will do you a test build and compile the dtb but it won't be ready until later today, if the icons are labeled differently then the service may not work but you should get the time displayed at the very least.

• Ok I will do you a test build and compile the dtb but it won't be ready until later today, if the icons are labeled differently then the service may not work but you should get the time displayed at the very least.

Ok, thank you, I will be waiting
    Additional icons is not a problem, they can be modified later

• Can you make a dts with the original values for the TX3 mini and use the GPIO settings here gxl_p212_2g_tx3mini.dts so I can test it on the TX3 mini, if you want your modified DTB to be included in all future builds send me a copy of it with the fd628_chars specified in it as well, thanks.

I will be doing 8.90.3 a little earlier than I expected so it would be nice to try and squeeze this in if it works well.

Edit: I've tested your changes along with an updated dtb for my device and they all work, so just send me your DTS, also make sure you install the fd628 service via addons if you want the extra icons lit up :)

Awesome! I'm excited to have been able to contribute something to the LE project :)

It was 6am, so I had to go to bed, I see that you accepted my changes. Cool :)

Attached is the DTS file I used for my box. Not sure whether the config on the 1g T95M is the same or not though.

I installed the service right away, and yeah, it works and the status dots are working.

On a related note. I wanted to ask, how can I build the DTS from the terminal? For my tests I copied over the DTS files, the dt-bindings folder, and though it worked, it was a bit of a pain.

And since I'm trying to get this to work seamlessly on LE7, I'm trying to figure out how to add the service.fd628 to the repo during the build. So that I can install it without having to install it manually from a zip file. I added it to the 'packages/addons/service' folder, exactly like it's in your master repo, but it doesn't seem to be included.

• All I wanted was just a TV box!

friends these guys are spending time for us and somebody is bragging some people become infinite thanks to the software guys bahtsız bedevi senin sorunun nedir kardeşim

• Hello, Testing your build 8.90.2 s905. My device is MQX Pro 4k. I have problem. When the movie or show ends it not marks it as watched I must do this manualy. On 8.2.2.3 Kodi 17.6 It's working. Sorry if it's not problem of this build bud KODI itself. Just let mi know. Thanks fo help.

• Ok, ti farò una build di test e compilerò il dtb ma non sarà pronto fino a più tardi oggi, se le icone sono etichettate in modo diverso allora il servizio potrebbe non funzionare ma dovresti avere il tempo visualizzato almeno.

Gentile cliente, mi può spiegare come posso far funzionare il mio display LCD su m8s pro 4k? Sto usando in questo momento le 8.90.2 con gxl_p212_1g.dtb. Ho installato da kodi il fd_628 ma il display non mostra nulla.

If i do a modinfo and a modprobe from terminal in ssh it show me that the module is loaded. Thanks for any help!

• I've got the same issue with a EgoIggo S95X (1GB). The dev-build did not solve the problem, I'm not able to connect to a wlan (network error) either with internal or external plan-adapter (usb).

Which Wi-Fi chip does your device have