Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• I don´t think so.

I got ~40° @S905X and ~50° @S912 box - without any cooling modding

Room temperature ~20°

I assume those temperatures are idle, or maybe using very very low load, because i have never seen such temperatures running a movie in Kodi on any box in my life, and I have also Minix and Himedia boxes.

I also belive from your previous posts that you own a Vorke Z6, and that box runs way above that 50°C, in fact it runs at 80°C on my boxes and about every owner that has posted on Freaktab.

• I assume those temperatures are idle...

I only watch music & video from my NAS.

No special addons, no live tv

CPU load is <10%

• I assume those temperatures are idle, or maybe using very very low load, because i have never seen such temperatures running a movie in Kodi on any box in my life, and I have also Minix and Himedia boxes.

I also belive from your previous posts that you own a Vorke Z6, and that box runs way above that 50°C, in fact it runs at 80°C on my boxes and about every owner that has posted on Freaktab.

The living room is at 21°C and my box never goes higher than 41.0 Celsius while I'm using it in LE.

Minix Neo U1, S905 chipset, 2GB/16GB, Dual Boot Libreelec / Android 5.1 lollipop, Samsung UHS-1 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card

• I assume those temperatures are idle, or maybe using very very low load, because i have never seen such temperatures running a movie in Kodi on any box in my life, and I have also Minix and Himedia boxes.

Beelink Mini Mxiii here:

idle temp - 21°C

after playing BBC1 HD for a few hours (H264 1080p) - 37°C

Two conclusions:

1. The box has pretty good cooling.

2. My bedroom is cold.

• Any other Amlogic devices with L1 besides Mecool or Wetek?

is L1 requirement only for android to play 1080p netflix? do we need L1 for netflix in libreelec for 1080, i know krypton doesnt have netflix but kodi 18 does!

• Yes L1 and HDCP 1.x are required for 1080p Android TV Netflix when using Android on the Mecool M8S Pro+ and Pro L, WeTek Play2 / Hub and MINIX U9-H

LE Kodi Leia v18.x can have self installed Widevine L1 binaries which then combine with the Kodi Leia - Netflix or Amazon Video Addons to give you 720p streaming once you Login to those paid for streaming services.

720p is the Max you can use for smooth video playback resolution until code optimisations are done for AML S9xx LE Leia platforms. 1080p currently works but has stuttering video playback.

There is no Hardware decoding of DRM H264 Netflix video streams when using Linux / LibreELEC.

I still prefer to Dual Boot and use an Android TV Netflix App. Much more bling and easier to use Netflix with that App. ;)

• Since original roms are limited inside Playstore, which Android ROM would you recommend for MeCool M8S L s912? Right now I have LE installed to internal, but I would switch back to Dual Boot with Storage on Internal. But I didnt like to original rom / limited Playstore. I would like to use Amazon Prime and Netzflix over Android.

Thanks!

• Since original roms are limited inside Playstore, which Android ROM would you recommend for MeCool M8S L s912? Right now I have LE installed to internal, but I would switch back to Dual Boot with Storage on Internal. But I didnt like to original rom / limited Playstore. I would like to use Amazon Prime and Netzflix over Android.

Thanks!

I am not recommending this http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/mecool/firmware-roms/676338-rom-mecool-m8s-pro-l-tvstock-nexus-rom-android-tv-7-1

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 X96 Max+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• Thanks for the link. At this place there are now much more roms to find:

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) - FreakTab.com

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912 - FreakTab.com

MECOOL M8S PRO L YouTube 4K Streaming Android 7.1 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Firmware Update 20171113 -

Since I dont have a cable to connect the box to PC I will try the burn to sd tool (PC Flash Firmware) and install the roms that way. I will beginn with an original rom, then try other ones.

• Gibbs rule #51: Sometimes You are wrong

I own a 912 box since a few weeks, it´s faster and I saved money because S912 box has Gb network, so I don´t have to buy an USB network adapter.

Your own build of skin etc. -> backup & restore from other box

Backup and restore with libreelec backup and restore? Received my 912 box today and had a fresh install with latest version of libreelec 8.2.1.1. I made a libreelec backup of my s905x box and tried to restore it on my 912 box. I got an error that not all skin files could be restored. Is this because my s905x box had libreelec 8.2.1.0 and my s912 box 8.2.1.1? Or should I use an other backup restore way (kodi addon)?

Edit: updated s905x to latest 8.2.1.1 and made a backup. Restored on my new s912 box without any problems.

Only problem is now that I can not power on the box with my remote.. (h96pro+)

Edited once, last by zmokkie: Add text ().

• Only problem is now that I can not power on the box with my remote.. (h96pro+)

Maybe read Link #452

• It would be great if someone could share a successful U-Boot re-flash experience and know-how for H96Pro+...

• Only problem is now that I can not power on the box with my remote.. (h96pro+)

You need the original remote.conf and put in libreelec\Configfiles

Try the file uploaded

Files

- Box Android Mini M8S II (Amlogic S905X, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM)
    - Ugreen USB Ethernet Adapter Usb 3.0 2.0 [ASIX AX88179 Chipset]
    - LibreELEC 8.2 (Nougat Kernel) builds aimed at devices based on Amlogic S905/S905X SoC.

• Thanks, I will try that tonight. Is that the remote copied from android? I have copied the original from android but with that file none of the buttons of my remote work..

• Tested the remote but the problem is still there. If I shut down the box in android I can turn it on with the remote. Not a big problem, my box is always on, but it would be nice if somebody can post the solution for this...